Salomon MTN Explore Mount point?

Skis are Mtn Explore 95s.

Looking to mount my own skis this weekend and am looking for advice on mount point. Blister reviews liked it on the line, but also mentioned that it was a little difficult to keep tips up on powder.

While this is not going to be my new pow ski, I was thinking about -0.5 or -1.

Any experience out there?

Seth

I have mine on the line. They are fantastic for the weight. It is quite a traditional mount and it feels quite balanced to me, so I would personally be quite wary of moving back.

I've got a pair of MTN Labs mounted on the factory line. Pretty much the same ski I believe, but wider at 114 underfoot. I have tip dive issues in deep snow and fight to keep them up mounted on the line. Not super playful in the deep and they enjoy longer turns (kind of expected this, given the rocker profile and the ski's camber).

Maybe try -.5?

I've been skiing my 177 MTN Explore 95s on the line since last spring and have found no issues at all. Very traditional and balanced in nearly all conditions. Not my powder ski by any means, but I have skied a bunch of powder on them without a problem.

Thanks guys. I am using these with both a TLT6 and Beast boot so I split the difference - +.5 for the TLTs and -.5 for the Beasts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Hiya mags. Popping in to bump this thread with some info that might help somebody. I originally mounted my 184 MTN Explores on the line, skied then 10 or so days, liked 'em but didn't luv 'em, tips wandered a bit, kinda twitchy.

I moved them back to -1.5cm, now luvin' them: more stable, better turn finish, better transition to next turn. FTR: TLT6M, 327 BSL; Speed Turn 2.0 shimmed to est. 8mm ramp delta.

If you gotta big foot and your MTN95 tips are wandering, consider moving back a bit.

Hope that helps somebody someday. I'm heading back into the woods now.

Quote Originally Posted by truax View Post
    I've been skiing my 177 MTN Explore 95s on the line since last spring and have found no issues at all. Very traditional and balanced in nearly all conditions. Not my powder ski by any means, but I have skied a bunch of powder on them without a problem.
    My buddy got one and having the same impression! Pretty good balanced.