Fox Rhythm and grip damper - any good?

Looking at a Fox Rhythm 34 fork with the grip damper, as a possible upgrade to an older Ibis Ripley that currently has a X Fusion Trace fork. Online reviews seem pretty good. It looks like that is an OEM only fork, but not sure.

Worthwhile at about $230? I'd also have to adapt my non boost front wheel to boost, but looks like that's easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I don't know anything about that fork but I used a rear boost adapter from these guys and it works flawlessly, front should be easy peasy

http://www.velofuze.com/boost-hub-adapters/

I can't speak to the chassis and have no first hand experience with the GRIP Damper. However, I would watch the video linked below. I would trust whatever Steve and his crew say, their a real solid bunch of dudes and know their stuff.

I can't link it for some reason. Just google Vprsprung grip damper review.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBison View Post
    I can't speak to the chassis and have no first hand experience with the GRIP Damper. However, I would watch the video linked below. I would trust whatever Steve and his crew say, their a real solid bunch of dudes and know their stuff.

I can't link it for some reason. Just google Vprsprung grip damper review.
    This?
    https://vorsprungsuspension.com/blog...it-grip-damper

I read that earlier, and just now watched the video. Seems like the Grip damper should be decent.

ticketchecker - thanks for the link on the adapter.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Realized I forgot to link the actual fork in the OP -- this is it:

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Fo...17-OEM-p61616/

With shipping and Euro-to-$ conversion, it's $233 shipped to the U.S. Seems worthwhile.

Yep, that's the one. It sounds like a decent damper from Steve's prospective. I'd give it a go. Hell, you can't even find anything reasonable on the used market for that price right now.

I went ahead and ordered one. Reviews seem solid all around - couldn't find any that were flat out negative.

My fork arrived, looks good. No additional customs or shipping fees. Ordered a boost adapter for the front wheel, so waiting for that to arrive before installing.

It is a solid fork, have one on my bike. Definitely worth it for the price you got it for. Going to extend mine to 140mm from 130mm with a new airshaft soon. If i remember correctly mine came with some tokens pre-installed (from factory).

Thanks. I'm still waiting for the boost adapter to arrive, so haven't done anything with it yet.

Damn, that looks like a killer upgrade for the price!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Bunch of the Fox WCDH guys are running what appears to be "GRIP2" dampers on their 40's at the Windrock race.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Thanks. I'm still waiting for the boost adapter to arrive, so haven't done anything with it yet.
    How are you liking your new fork? After seeing your post, I decided to grab one as an upgrade to the truly awful Recon that came on my Chameleon. It looks like that site has both the model you ordered and one with the hard anodized stanchions (which is the model I saw several great reviews on). I went with the more expensive one because it was still cheaper than the cheapest used one on Pinkbike, and I figured that's the same coating as on the Performance forks.

I'll probably extend it up to 140mm also.

I haven't installed the fork yet -- the boost adapter just arrived. I test-fit the wheel + adapter into the fork, and it'll work. I'll get around to installing it sometime this week, but there's a lot of snow on the ground, so riding probably won't happen for another week or two.