Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    If anyone wants a L138 with a little more sidecut and flat underfoot and a bit of camber, check out the Hangfire Staunchwall. http://hangfireskis.com/skis/

I picked up a used pair but haven't skied them yet. They're not as stiff as L138, but look like a fun ski.

I’ve got some 202s. Good for learning how to kickturn

Bump. Where do people mount these? DPS site says they recommend +1.5cm (what's the point of a "recommended" line then?), different recommended mounts for Pure and Alchemist, very confusing. Most of my other skis are mounted -1 to -5 of ski center, so I'm comfortable with forward mounts, but if I get tip dive that would be embarrassing.

Oh yeah, I should mention that mine are R3.2, flex 2, Pure, 192cm.

DPS mount chart, etc:
    https://www.dpsskis.com/company/faqs/tuning-mounting
    Last edited by Toddball; 10-09-2018 at 01:31 PM.

I’m at +1.5 on my R3.2 hybrids. I like them there. They’re waaaaay further back, -11.15 from center, than my other whips (mostly around -5 to -8) but they’re money there, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im at 1.5 or 2 on my 3.2 pures w mega shovel rocker and they rule there. I also have the new spooned ones too, but i cant figure out their sweet spot. I need to mess with the bevel this season and see if that loosens them up.

On all the 138s I've had, I like them at 0 -- with the exception of the R0 (pointy tip), where 0 was way too far forward, and -2 would probably have been pretty good.

My old bamboo sidewall ones (R1 ?) were submarines at +1 or +.5, something like that -- I was trying to re-use as many of the old holes as possible, and mounted some Griffon demo bindings on them. Slid them back to 0, or maybe -.5 (somewhere in the vicinity), and they are much better there.

I like more rearward mounted skis generally, so YMMV. I almost never mount a ski ahead of the 0 or recommended line.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Bump. Groomers were terrifying the other day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190118_114855016.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	721.5 KB 
ID:	265330

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    My old bamboo sidewall ones (R1 ?) were submarines at +1 or +.5, something like that -- I was trying to re-use as many of the old holes as possible, and mounted some Griffon demo bindings on them. Slid them back to 0, or maybe -.5 (somewhere in the vicinity), and they are much better there.
    Think the recommended mount for the R1 is -1 or so. I ended up at -1.5 due to existing holes, and like them there.

I've owned spats and got rid of them when I got powder boards. I regret that because I think I likes the spats better... Just a little more loose and more fun in tight trees.

I still have the powder boards and keep them for cat skiing. They're still super fun in the right conditions, but I don't take them in resort for fear of the splits.

I had protests and didn't love them... But it could have been the mount point.

I haven't read the entire thread to see if it was mentioned but I also have a pair of bluehouse maestro (134-118-131). Like has been described of similar skis, they make a few inches of pow ski like way more... They are especially fun in heavier and wind effected pow.

Like most of the boutique brands there were subtle differences from year to year.. Some intentional and some not. The pair I have now has a tiny bit of camber and they're super fun, but a later model year (panda) had a pressing "error" where they came out completely flat camber and were base high by a small amount. While this was not intentional and normally considered a flaw, it made these skis ski almost exactly like the spats in powder but still fun on firm. They're just a little more loose than my current pair.

The pandas were in my car when it was stolen... Those skis.

Always wanted to try the 138 but haven't yet.

Spent today on 138s in 12”+ of windhammered heavy Vermont mank. Pretty much ideal R/R conditions and they killed it, as usual. A little more challenging once shit was tracked out and bumped, but still fun as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to pick up a pair of #4 or #5 core powder boards from praxxis to use in the funky wind buff / rain soaked days we get in Tahoe. Miss my spatulas

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Rode my rocker 2, 202cm flex 3’s Friday and Monday at Sugarbowl during the last storm cycle. Was great to get back on them. Fun, fast, so versatile in 3D snow.

Almost feels like cheating there so fast but can shut down just as fast. They kill low angle run-outs, i can usually pass skiers making my own tracks. Floaty, surfy, stomp able.

Have gpo, and wootest, for when theres not much fresh. And wailer 112 for early/late season and family days, great mini golf ski.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

Checking in to report that I took the 202s out on their maiden voyage yesterday by virtue of forgetting the skins for my normal setup.

25 degree dad laps on Rogers - holy shit these things are fun. I'm totally gonna be "that guy" skiing these things in all sorts of conditions. Stoke for truly deep days, and mellow meadow skip days alike has just increased significantly.

Welcome to the club!

Nothing, absolutely Nothing is as fun as a pair of Lotus 138 in pow.

Took out my 195 praxis pow boards the other day. For heavy wind affected pow, nothing else is better.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

200 Lotus 138 got the nod for 38” of Wolf Creek blower yesterday. Best pow ski of all time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7006.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	327.6 KB 
ID:	270646

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Curious about peeps experience with the newer version with a 32m radius. Mine are the version with basically no radius.

For all the people who still havent got a pair and for those few lucky enough to ski theirs to pieces they are making another batch:
    https://www.dpsskis.com/powderworks-lotus-138
    Fortunately, for my wallet, no 202s available...
    Not that Ive ever really felt the need for a pair. Just the want...

Holding some 192s if anyone is interested in buying, first or second mount with Griffons
    This job would be great if it weren't for the fucking customers

New ones are about $1k more than I bought mine for from dps.

Damn, 1,400$ is steeeeeep. Are all of the powderworks layups marked up over their normal skis or is this just for the 138, and if so, why?

138 is no longer in their "normal" lineup. You can only get it during special runs like Powtime now. So you can not compare prices. It seems the Lotus 124 wich was simply sold out (but I guess remains in the "normal lineup") seems to be in line with the "normal" price.

Maybe they raised prices...

Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post
    Maybe they raised prices...
    They’re DPS. Of course they did.

First proper ski on the 138s via South Face of Superior today. Divine. That is all.