Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    You’re not the real Marshal, right?
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    You’re not the real Marshal, right?
    Hi. Marshal here.

Maybe you get more snow than me but anything wider than a lotus 120 I can't use very much,

I got some 135 underfoot gigawatts that only come out in >20cms, pretty wide and pretty hard on the legs
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Maybe you get more snow than me but anything wider than a lotus 120 I can't use very much,

I got some 135 underfoot gigawatts that only come out in >20cms, pretty wide and pretty hard on the legs
    Yeah but that's why we have a quiver, right?

I skied castle a few years ago when they got 54 cm between 7am and 3pm and I couldn't get any of my skis to get up out of that snow.

So this year I bought a pair of pon2oons that may only get used a day or 2 a year but I expect I'll be glad I have them when that day comes.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Not sure where you’re located but I’m in Tahoe. Similar to the post below, there’s “usually” a handful of days where the Wailer 112s just don’t float well. So yeah, not very often but when the conditions warrant it it’s awesome to have the 138s. Nonetheless, I snagged some PowFishes so even though they’re not much wider underfoot I’m curious if they’ll still float a little better due to the 150mm tip and the swallow tail. Definitely less cumbersome on the up than a 138.

2 to 5 times a year we get a dump that is worth a super fat, not having the job and being able to hit it is important

I thot about selling them at 1st cuz they were'nt get used much but you have to be patient eh

Interesting turn of events over at DPS - Stephen Drake is out. Thoughts? Marshal?

https://blisterreview.com/industry-n...onger-with-dps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Interesting turn of events over at DPS - Stephen Drake is out. Thoughts? Marshal?

Came here to see if this had been posted. Will be interesting to see how the next few years unfold for Stephan and DPS.

He's the D in DPS. Without him.... turn it into Goode and call it GPS?

I haven't liked the more recent overly shaped (too small turn radius) DPS skis. The earlier ginormous turn radius L120 and 138 were great. The newest one I like is the RPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

My heart literally broke for Stephan when I heard the news.

I think DPS lost the recipe after the OG lotus 120

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    My heart literally broke for Stephan when I heard the news.
    Man, that sucks. People can say what they will about DPS and dentistry, but Stephan poured his soul into that company and created some game changing skis in the process. Speculating here - but it sucks when money wins out over artistry.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Thanks, that helps some. It was those 5-6 days in Tahoe on Rubi/Hidden where I was struggling to plane on my 112s that has me regretting my decision to get rid of the 138s. Maybe I'll hold off for some 138s when they pop up to have a little versatility.
    Would tip extenderz help? Saved my jjs and a buddy's jj 2.0s from tip dive and lack of planing in bottomless or upside down conditions.

Name:  26731585_10208440999741308_2446380029798719229_n.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  101.5 KB
    Name:  324wtedgr.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  71.0 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

I wonder if the spoon nonsense and other crap skis geared for sales and not innovation frustrated him. I know their recent 15m stuff and high prices have soured my taste. Where is the big 35m straight skis? Lotus was such a good pintail with fat rocker. All the 138 tweaks made it hard to know what was what.

Well hopefully he starts up his own brand and kicks their ass.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

he's ^^ been gone for almost 2 years

Condolences Mr. Drake.
    For some of us, the innovation on the L120 brought revolutionary cosmic joy.

All the best.

Ski Here Now.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

he's ^^ been gone for almost 2 years
    Explain? Evidence?

He is talking about me, not Stephan

Ha! Yeah, carry on....

Blister article updated with a statement from Stephan. Sounds like one douchnozzle is going to ruin the whole DPS brand as we know it.

well thats new and intersting ^^ and Marshal Olson left almost 2 yrs ago so maybe read between the lines ?

If DPS arent making any skis you want to buy its not really necessary to boycott them

Came here to say thanks Marshall (and nice to see you here) - you sold me a brand new pair of 202 stiff 138s with bamboo sidewalls when they were 5 years old for a screaming deal. They were my third pair of 138s and by far the best. Crazy good pair of skis that is 10 years old now and still the best.

Ode to the DPS Lotus 138 (and Volant Spatula)

Marshall (or others that might know), didn’t realize there was more than one iteration of the spoon 138
    I have the 140/138 pure 3 no radius-wondering how it compares to the newer, increased tip tail width and rated radius-
    even with the spoon mine are better on firm than the slightly older red no spoon pures I had...

Life of a repo man is always intense.

Hey Jon, glad you are still digging those.

hi Otto - there were two footprint versions of the 138 with spoon.

The first version of them were the older 140-138-138 “infinity radius” ones. There were two rocker profiles of these. The first ones were mega reverse camber, the cl second more more like earlier 138’s. This version had the same carbon laminate as the older red lotii, but a bunch of rubber damping added (likely why you like on on groomed more).

The second version I think is still what is being produced, a “skinny spoon” with a ~148-138-143 profile and around a 40m radius. The second footprint all had a different carbon laminate than above, and have had a few rocker profiles and flex patterns. I think these were all notably softer than the earlier 138’s.

hope that helps

Yeah, think I have the more limited rocker and damped. Thought it was sidecut that was helping on groomers but likely increased contact and the dampening-either way your rec for mounting was $ and was fortunate to have a season in Tahoe to make them work inbounds 5+ days.

Glad you’re back on the boards as your insight and experience are appreciated .

Life of a repo man is always intense.