Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Where do people mount these? If I get tip dive that would be embarrassing
    I was slightly embarrassed at Alpental on Saturday, nice to be able to milk low-angle stashes today though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0393_Moment (2).jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	936.1 KB 
ID:	310412

Name:	20200112_104900.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	310415

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    I was slightly embarrassed at Alpental on Saturday, nice to be able to milk low-angle stashes today though.

Name:	GOPR0393_Moment (2).jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	936.1 KB 
ID:	310412

Name:	20200112_104900.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	310415
    Glad you are putting those to good use! I have buddies who wish they would have snagged those first. Too bad for them!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Glad you are putting those to good use! I have buddies who wish they would have snagged those first. Too bad for them!
    Thanks for the hook up!

Bought some nice 192 R1’s from sierraskier (thanks dood)
    Marshal or others who’d know-got a suggested mount point?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    Bought some nice 192 R1’s from sierraskier (thanks dood)
    Marshal or others who’d know-got a suggested mount point?

White, red stripe, bamboo sidewall? If so, I can measure where I ended up liking mine - it's a good bit rearward from the center mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

^them’s the ones

Yo Otto.
    replied to pm too.
    i am pretty sure the line was at 84 or 85 on the white ones.
    i recall skiing them at 83 but I’d defer to el chup’s measurements, since I hadn’t skied em since 2006/7 season.
    i do think if you liked the spoon 138 mount line, probably not a reason to stray too much from that.

Maybe just a shade back if there is any hole conflicts /etc

Believe the consensus was -1 to -1.5 on the R1.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    ^them’s the ones
    mixed info from some old emails I got from dps when I bought mine:

"You could line yourself up at 84.5cm from the tail measured along the bottom of the ski, and I think you will be pretty stoked. "

"•The Rocker 1 (stripe graphic), Lotus 138, 192cm, is riding best at -1 cm behind the “midsole” line. The Rocker 2 (straight black graphic), Lotus 138, 192cm will ride well at “midsole”."

"•Have your shop drill the skis with a 3.5mm diameter drill bit as opposed to 4.1mm. Use epoxy or a urethane-based glue such as Gorilla glue to fill the holes."

have fun. best skis ever.

fwiw
    Last edited by rabbit; 01-16-2020 at 03:01 AM. Reason: doh!

I measured mine this morning. I have the 192, red stripe on white, flex 2, bamboo sidewall - same as what you just got, Otto. It's kind of hard to accurately measure with a binding in place, but mine have the centerline at about 85.5, and I have my boot center at about 84.5. My boot center is at the - 1 mark on the topsheet. Measurements are straight pull, topside, from the tail.

I have Marker Griffon demo bindings on these, which I mounted in order to reuse some existing holes. I found that at the center line on the skis, I had tip dive. At - 1, they ski great. FWIW I have a 27.5 boot (Garmont Shaman).

I have had a lot of older DPS skis, and usually like them at the manufacturer center line, with only the exception of these at - 1, and the original 138 ("Rocker 0" - the pointy tip ones), which I had at center but wished they were more rearward.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Can confirm that R0 Flex 3 original lotus 138s are best at -1cm or -1.5cm.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    mixed info from some old emails I got from dps when I bought mine:

"You could line yourself up at 84.5cm from the tail measured along the bottom of the ski, and I think you will be pretty stoked. "

"•The Rocker 1 (stripe graphic), Lotus 138, 192cm, is riding best at -1 cm behind the “midsole” line. The Rocker 2 (straight black graphic), Lotus 138, 192cm will ride well at “midsole”."

"•Have your shop drill the skis with a 3.5mm diameter drill bit as opposed to 4.1mm. Use epoxy or a urethane-based glue such as Gorilla glue to fill the holes."

have fun. best skis ever.

fwiw
    the words of the one and only Rob L.
    miss you my brother.

Name:  423423_10150679771212556_94801132555_9153430_1788431488_n.jpg
Views: 1458
Size:  50.9 KB
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Since this is the “ode to 138 thread”

I saw on multiple occasions on the porch at 33mi, rob say to paying customers...
    ”hey why don’t you take these 138 demos today”...

and when a few said no, follow up with
    ”you are in Haines, it’s all time, and you are passing up 138’s? I literally feel bad for you”.

nobody, including Stephan & myself, loved 138 more than rob

Ode to the DPS Lotus 138 (and Volant Spatula)

Guided us 10 years ago.

Go for Rob!

thanks for assist-old line at 35.25 so -1.25 or -1.5 sounds money.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Since this is the “ode to 138 thread”

I saw on multiple occasions on the porch at 33mi, rob say to paying customers...
    ”hey why don’t you take these 138 demos today”...

and when a few said no, follow up with
    ”you are in Haines, it’s all time, and you are passing up 138’s? I literally feel bad for you”.

nobody, including Stephan & myself, loved 138 more than rob
    And not just 138s, he was all about the newer gen (red with more rocker) 138s. All my trips to 33mi involved the OG 1st gen white with red pinstripe 138s and Rob would wax philosophical about how the new gen was more suited to the terrain and conditions we were skiing and how I was missing out by not switching to a newer gen. I still have those skis with the peeling topsheet, I still ski with tweezers to pull carbon splinters out of hands that are foolish enough to grab them without gloves on, and from time to time, on really good days, I look down at those skis and think of Rob.

Bump for legendary skis.

There is the Armada ARG II. It is just like the old one but with updated layup and rocker, stiff, and weighs as much as Spatulas!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    And not just 138s, he was all about the newer gen (red with more rocker) 138s. All my trips to 33mi involved the OG 1st gen white with red pinstripe 138s and Rob would wax philosophical about how the new gen was more suited to the terrain and conditions we were skiing and how I was missing out by not switching to a newer gen. I still have those skis with the peeling topsheet, I still ski with tweezers to pull carbon splinters out of hands that are foolish enough to grab them without gloves on, and from time to time, on really good days, I look down at those skis and think of Rob.
    Rocker 3.1 is big mountain ski perfection.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3921.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	720.0 KB 
ID:	348285  

Much like Leav Skier, I dearly miss mine...or do I miss the days that I was out on them? Probably both...

I grabbed a pair of Spatulas, I’m excited

Can someone help me out with what the primary differences are between the the Blue rocker 3.2 flex 2, the white with bamboo sidewalls labeled flex 2, and the red 138s... That is all the info I have for now but I have attached photos of the 3 for sale near me.... figuring I need to buy at least one just to try out the 138 experience...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha_SP View Post
    Can someone help me out with what the primary differences are between the the Blue rocker 3.2 flex 2, the white with bamboo sidewalls labeled flex 2, and the red 138s... That is all the info I have for now but I have attached photos of the 3 for sale near me.... figuring I need to buy at least one just to try out the 138 experience...
    Good breakdown of the various versions in here Lotus 138--anyone prefer rocker 1 to rocker 3?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I’d like to hear feedback on the pure construction rocker 3.2 vs the hybrid constructions rocker 3.2..

who prefers what? And why..

Ode to the DPS Lotus 138 (and Volant Spatula)

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha_SP View Post
    Guess I’d like to hear feedback on the pure construction rocker 3.2 vs the hybrid constructions rocker 3.2..

who prefers what? And why..
    Owned both in a 192. The Hybrid skied the heavy stuff in the PNW better...just felt more damp. The Pure is noticeably lighter and stiff, but not as damp as the hybrid...or at least it didn’t feel as damp to me. Still have the pure but don’t get to ski them all that much.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...