Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    23,665

    Best FLAC Converter these days?

    About to embark upon the task of burning my CD collection to (mostly) FLAC files. What are people using for this? Winamp seems to be on hiatus.
    Thanks!
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    On The Flipside
    Posts
    732
    I use Foobar2000. Free and easy to use.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    About to embark upon the task of burning my CD collection to (mostly) FLAC files. What are people using for this? Winamp seems to be on hiatus.
    Thanks!
    I like dBpoweramp Codec Central.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    508
    I am about 3/4 of the way through ripping several hundred Cds using DBpoweramp. Started with the free version and purchased it as it works well. Been able to find most album art and it identifies 98% of the albums and tracks. Ripping Flac at their recommended level 5. Anything more chews up a lot of space. Sound quality is good.

    Anyone want to buy a few hundred cds?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    4,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    I am about 3/4 of the way through ripping several hundred Cds using DBpoweramp. Started with the free version and purchased it as it works well. Been able to find most album art and it identifies 98% of the albums and tracks. Ripping Flac at their recommended level 5. Anything more chews up a lot of space. Sound quality is good.

    Anyone want to buy a few hundred cds?
    I'll have to check that one out! Back in the day, I used to use CDex. Is that one still any good? Was always very lightweight and fast. Now that storage space isn't an issue any longer, I need to back and re-rip all my CDs. Ugh. Big project I've been putting off for ages.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    4,939
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Now that storage space isn't an issue any longer...
    In light of that, is there really any reason to use any compression anymore? (at least for a home music server)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    4,299
    Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    In light of that, is there really any reason to use any compression anymore? (at least for a home music server)
    Man, not that I can think of. Now we can rip away with zero compromises! Should be super speedy too without having to do any compression. Woohoo!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •