Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB THREAD

Is there any hitter more underrated than JD Martinez? I’d never heard much about him while he was in the National league, but holy shit that guy can rake.

.340 average, 1.000+ OPS, 13 HR, 40 RBI and its only mid-May

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Is there any hitter more underrated than JD Martinez? I’d never heard much about him while he was in the National league, but holy shit that guy can rake.

He was actually in Detroit for most of his beat years, but Miggy got all of the hype.

I saw an interview with him the other day, he says he has no feel for hitting and not a lot of natural talent, it's all just work in the cage and watching film. He's maximizing what he does I'd have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I saw an interview with him the other day, he says he has no feel for hitting and not a lot of natural talent, it's all just work in the cage and watching film. He's maximizing what he does I'd have to say.
    Yeah, he seems like a professional for sure. Great form, HUGE oppo power. I call bullshit on the no natural talent part, but the work ethic is there for sure.

No doubt. It was interesting the "no feel for hitting" thing though, he went a little deeper on that. He was like "some guys just feel a groove, I have to watch myself on film and create a groove and then practice that and keep watching it all the time" /somewhat paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    is that like how Clint Barmes fell and broke his collarbone supposedly carrying some venison that Helton gave him? That always sounded sketchy to me- more likely he fell drunk off an ATV and the venison story sounded down-home basebally (and not prohibited by contract like maybe ATV riding is)
    Damn stairs have claimed many a ball player. Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    my guess is that he felt the pressure of his contract after a down year and wanted to step it back up. his numbers had bounced up to his pre-injury results too. such a shame though. the game will be fine but his legacy is ruined.
    He is getting old. Lot of ball on those legs and just wants to hold on a little longer. Bummer but he should have known of the chance of getting caught. Unless he has been doing it all along which I doubt. At least the hard stuff. Ha.

One of THE best Sox FA signings evah! Not that there is a ton of contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    He is getting old. Lot of ball on those legs and just wants to hold on a little longer. Bummer but he should have known of the chance of getting caught. Unless he has been doing it all along which I doubt. At least the hard stuff. Ha.
    Saw something on ESPN.com last night that Mark Texeira was not at all surprised; seemed to imply that he had been doing it all along.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Saw something on ESPN.com last night that Mark Texeira was not at all surprised; seemed to imply that he had been doing it all along.
    I think it's safe to assume that when a ballplayer is busted for this sort of thing, they probably didn't get busted on their first use.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I hope to live long enough that the real truth of the prevalence of use is brought to light. Won't change anything and won't really judge (I hope). But just pure curiosity.

Today I learned that current Mariner Dee Gordon is Tom "Flash" Gordon's son.

Hmm. Such obvious sense it is easy to overlook. Other than the whole pitcher v hitter thingy. Maybe if it was Gordonhauser it would stick out more.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I hope to live long enough that the real truth of the prevalence of use is brought to light. Won't change anything and won't really judge (I hope). But just pure curiosity.
    There's always Canseco's tell-all that everyone shat on, if you're feeling curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    There's always Canseco's tell-all that everyone shat on, if you're feeling curious.
    That was the old era. We are in new territory with newer science. And some of the same ole same ole in the enabling department.

Hanley we hardly knew ye

Judge throws out runners at second and home. Yankees win...th-e-e-e-e-e Yankees...WIN
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

That’s cute

Hanley we hardly knew ye
    Surprised the fuck out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Surprised the fuck out of me.
    Same. I had a feeling in the Tampa series that Hanley wasn’t going to be able to keep hitting third unless he started producing, but DAFing him didn’t cross my mind. Though when you hear about his conditional contract money it starts to make sense.

Guess Dom likes Nuñez too.

I thought they were gonna let Swihart go for sure.

Maybe he is the new regular Designated .133 Hitter.

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB THREAD

That’s cute
    https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-judge...023809354.html

Yankees in 10 over ‘stros! Rubber game tomorrow bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Yankees in 10 over ‘stros! Rubber game tomorrow bitches!
    Let us know when you are 21 games over .500