Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    that leprechaun was really throwing seeds out there!
    You're tough to dislike

Ps. Still under 500 cunts.
    Decisions Decisions

Well that sucked. Gray is so inconsistent. Yanks need another starter for the back end. Porcello looked good.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Yeah I'm optimistic about Porcello, he's proven he can do it when he's right, I hope he stays right this year.

Nice seeing Hicks back in the lineup, the Yanks are still going to score a lot of runs this season.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah I'm optimistic about Porcello, he's proven he can do it when he's right, I hope he stays right this year.
    bosox 12-2, maybe the Astros don't get a free pass to the world series; they got a crap load of really good starters though.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Injury bug already biting though. And Price and some of the pen worry me.

Price will be okay once it gets warm until it starts to get cold again, he'll win some games and give others guys days off and rest so hopefully they'll be good to go in crunch time. When Price is nowhere to be found.

I just saw Mookie went down, I hope he's okay.

Price will be okay once it gets warm until it starts to get cold again, he'll win some games and give others guys days off and rest so hopefully they'll be good to go in crunch time. When Price is nowhere to be found.

I just saw Mookie went down, I hope he's okay.
    JFC, really? He has shot out of the gates and hoping for a stellar season from one of my faves.

Changing gears, interesting observation in this article re: pace-of-play. Claiming that it isn't mound visits delaying games so much as lack of balls being put in play is steadily increasing. Think the angle is raising possibility of lowering the mound like they did back in '69.
    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...worse-in-2018/
    YEAR PERCENTAGE OF PLATE APPEARANCES THAT END WITH A BALL BEING PUT IN PLAY
    71.4%

71.1%

71.1%

69.8%

68.8%

2018 so far
    67.2%

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB THREAD

It's the Moneyball thing. See more pitches, more walks, get to the bullpen, more pitching changes. Wait for your pitch and deliver. Go back to the mid 1990s and it's probably mid 70's

I don't think the pitching changed thing is costing viewers. Get up, get a beer, etc. it's the in between shit like way more pitches, time between pitches, etc.
    Decisions Decisions

Combine that MB approach with the "artistry" and no wonder things stretch on.

Skiball, I just have never liked him, I dunno. I know he's talented but he does have a habit of disappearing in crunch time imo. Do you disagree? I mean I wish him well and hpe he proves me wrong.

Looks so cold in Fenway today, I hope nobody gets hurt.

I always thought Price was overrated when he played in Tampa. Especially in the playoffs. I’ve liked what he has done in Boston but he can’t stay healthy. Kinda like Clay Bucholz was.

3.53 career ERA, 5.03 career playoff ERA, and somehow it feels worse than that. Also that whole thing with Eck last year didn't improve my opinion. $30 million per, it's cost $2.6 MM/win since he came. But hey I hope he proves what a dummy I am this year.

Skiball, I just have never liked him, I dunno. I know he's talented but he does have a habit of disappearing in crunch time imo. Do you disagree? I mean I wish him well and hpe he proves me wrong.

Looks so cold in Fenway today, I hope nobody gets hurt.
    I like him a lot. Not like in an all-time kinda way (yet?), but yeah, he is kind of a breath of fresh air. He's still young(25), so still growing into his own. AB is a little more prototypical Sox, but AB, JBJ and MB in the OF for years to come would make me pretty happy.
    3.53 career ERA, 5.03 career playoff ERA, and somehow it feels worse than that. Also that whole thing with Eck last year didn't improve my opinion. $30 million per, it's cost $2.6 MM/win since he came.
    When they gave him that contract I wanted to puke. Had a few years in Tampa that were pretty strong, but since I just haven't seen the consistency to justify that contract...and for his age now and when that contract ends is just brutal. Will become harder to bear as the years go by.

whoa whoa whoa, I was only talking about Price, I love Mookie, you kidding me?!? We just completely misunderstood each other there I think.

Yeah. mookie is a badass. And not just at bowling. He’s pretty decent and this baseball thing too

whoa whoa whoa, I was only talking about Price, I love Mookie, you kidding me?!? We just completely misunderstood each other there I think.
    Definitely. You are closer to the action so maybe I was missing something. But for Price, we are in full agreement.

Had initial plans to meet up with wife's lifelong friend to support her husband in the marathon and the game today and tomorrow. Just couldn't make it work on our end though.

And can I just state now that from watching a little last year and keeping an eye this season: I am liking this Lin kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah. mookie is a badass. And not just at bowling. He’s pretty decent and this baseball thing too
    Pretty damn good bowler though.

It's snowing in Boston. Looks fucking miserable at Fenway.

Price is a cunt too. He'd fit right in in the Bronx
    Decisions Decisions

Can't believe anyone is still in the stands, I would have been in the bar by the 3rd inning.

I was so glad the Yankees didn't go after Price. You could have Elllsbury back for him though.

How many more games is Ellsbury going to play for the Yankees / in mlb? It has to be the worst contract I've ever seen in NY, worse than Mo Vaughn or Bobby Bonilla's.

Oh just a couple thousand more. How old is he now, about 50?

Oh just a couple thousand more. How old is he now, about 50?
    so 14ish seasons? Ricky doesn't think so.