Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks to everyone for the information. I'm staying in Issaquah and have checked out a few rentals since I've been here. I'm optimistic that I can get something lined up before I head back to Colorado to get packed. Nice area, very different from where I'm living currently, but it is nice to see trees and greenery. Also, it looks like Summit is offering a Second Half Pass this year, and I just ordered myself one of the unlimited variety, so I will be around Alpental in March and April.

Real estate seems sort of pricey here (duh), but it also seems like an active market with new homes coming up for sale regularly, so that's encouraging.

Welcome neighbor. It's a "powder' day so everyone who can ski PNW "powder" as in the mountains. FWIW, if you intend to buy, do it yesterday. RE prices have gone up 10-12% a year in the 6 years I've been here in NB. Don't do what I did and rent a paradise with a great landlord that you can get too comfortable in.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Raining sideways and gusty at 1,000ft but dumping god's cocaine up high.

Exciting place to live, eh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	304377_4447687477836_732620569_n.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	224596

Did anyone mention the wind? More likely that a tree will fall on you. I bit gusty yesterday.

My drivewayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1452.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	224678

Wilderness RimName:  27973360_2070315519653503_5230968537903883274_n.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  185.4 KB

I was actually driving around in Wilderness Rim on Saturday during the late morning/early afternoon, so I saw plenty of tree damage. You all need to carve out at least a little more space around your homes. It's not a bad little neighborhood, and it is reasonably affordable, but at the same time, $400-450k doesn't get you a whole lot.

How is living up on the Pass? For the same ballpark price range, you could live damn near ski-in, ski-out, but it seems like the stretch of I-90 between North Bend and Snoqualmie Pass could get gnarly on a semi-regular basis in the winter. I know the snow is very different from the Rockies, but I did live solo in a cabin near Brighton, UT for 4 winters, so I am not a stranger to living somewhere that gets 30+ feet of snow a year and the work that goes along with it.

It's a loud little ghetto up at the pass, only really nice in winter.

Pass life is very doable. I know a lot up there with jobs down below. They just don't always get home when they want and sometimes can't get down. It's a lifestyle commitment. BTW, Agree with the trees, one fell on our house before we got here. Fire hazard here is not a big issue. BTW, the value of the homes you saw in WR went up $50 before you got back to I-90. Supply/Demand. Ciao. I'm off to chair 2.

Woods up in WR is too wet to flare but OTOH, roof moss and mold are something to be aware of when you shop.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    How is living up on the Pass?
    Sent you a PM on the subject a week ago or so, ping me if you want to know more.
    Alpental Indigenous
    Member PNWFSC

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Did anyone mention the wind? More likely that a tree will fall on you. I bit gusty yesterday.

My drivewayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1452.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	224678

I had a similar one fall on my driveway 15 miles west of you on Saturday while I was watching it and thinking "I bet that fucker is going over today"

I hate windstorms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........