Thread: Disc Golf

Disc Golf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161223_182719.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	224036
    Who all plays!? Pros or newbs, post your photos, thoughts, videos, gear, courses or questions. Let's get the disc life stoke going, help others out if possible and share some good times.

I just lost one of my favorite and go to drivers a couple of days ago. It was sailing strait and still picking up speed at about 175 out and looking good until a huge wind gust picked it up and dumped it into the river. 😥

I mostly use Innova, Discraft and Dynamic Discs. Happy ripping boys n girls! May you find the chains sooner than later. 😈
    *** Mr. Steeze Stomper @ your service ***

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

I'm in. any excuse to drink beer and trek through the woods.

https://www.magicmtn.com/disc-golf

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i dont understand why they get so damn butthurt when ya call em frisbies
    are the not frisbie derivitives
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

The Targhee Course is a blast.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i dont understand why they get so damn butthurt when ya call em frisbies
    are the not frisbie derivitives
    if you must know
    https://www.theodysseyonline.com/ult...-not-disc-golf

http://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/0...ee-came-to-be/

i don't care what you call them

Been a golfer for thirty years-ish. Started with these

Name:	IMG_8931.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	224346

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I was like wtf....lol....then bam bluegrass bumpin, beer drinkin, bbq'n, disc golfing good times. Solid stoke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    The Targhee Course is a blast.
    It looks stellar! I've watched people play it online. I plan to camp, mountainbike, play the course there this summer. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Been a golfer for thirty years-ish. Started with these

Name:	IMG_8931.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	224346
    Solid, then you use to frisbee golf too based on those old beauties! Hold on to those classics...love it!

It's crazy the games been around since basically 1965 and it's just staring to gain real traction the past few years or so.

I like it also because it allows for a bit of cross training during the skiing off season. Just play those courses at higher elevations and add weight into that disc pack for a nice leg workout. Cheers brother!

Do you enjoy any particular pro players out there?

Does anyone play, practice at home? I'm on a couple of acres and have 3 portable holes set up.

I haven't played tournaments in 15 years, don't really follow the pro scene much. When I was fully geeking on the game Ken Climo was the man.

I haven't played tournaments in 15 years, don't really follow the pro scene much. When I was fully geeking on the game Ken Climo was the man.
    Solid! Just for fun and to test myself a bit, I'm going to play in a few tournaments this coming summer in the amature class.

For pros I like Philo, Rickie and a few others I'm forgetting right now.
    Last edited by ichibaneye; 02-16-2018 at 05:39 PM.

If your not playing random dubs yet you need to get on that shit. Good times fo sho

You should sell your plastic. You would be floored at what some of that shit is going for.

As for this thread, we already have a disc golf thread that no one posts in. So given the OP and the topic, I don't see any point in posting any more in this one either.
    "Dumping on Breck right now. Could be big if it doesn't stop." - fastfred
    "It has snowed, therefore Vail Pass is closed." - Kevo
    "This storm was a bust for most areas and the next two weeks doesn’t look good." - WTF is dat
    "Gratz is saying pattern change Dec 20. Today's the 6th so.... two weeks." - Bean
    "Almost no snow so far, the Sunday/Monday storm looks like a dud, and a giant ridge is expected over the entire western half of the country for the next couple weeks. If the current forecast holds, we're looking at the lowest snowpack in at least the last 30 years according to today's Wasatch Weather Weenies post." - frosted flakes

Played a casual game once in a Keystone neighborhood when I was on a Dillon Open crew. Pick a tree or something and have to hit in in however many throws the first guy says. Loser carries the tequila bottle and drinks.

We didn't do too well on the water the next day. And wives were annoyed with adolescent hot tub antics.

I'll shove one of those discs up your ichibaneye

If your not playing random dubs yet you need to get on that shit. Good times fo sho
    Please elaborate for me of you wouldn't mind about this. Are you implying about random doubles game play? That does look like a blast too if so!
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Played a casual game once in a Keystone neighborhood when I was on a Dillon Open crew. Pick a tree or something and have to hit in in however many throws the first guy says. Loser carries the tequila bottle and drinks.

We didn't do too well on the water the next day. And wives were annoyed with adolescent hot tub antics.
    Disc life....
    good times!

Lots of courses where I used to live in Salt Lake City... during the summer when there was no snow some great spots to hit. Actually had 2 courses right by my work--would sometimes grab a couple co-workers and hit a few holes during lunch. Been about a year for me though
    "Good things come to those who bait" https://GearLobo.com
    My greatest fear is that after I die, my wife will sell my gear for what I told her I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    Lots of courses where I used to live in Salt Lake City... during the summer when there was no snow some great spots to hit. Actually had 2 courses right by my work--would sometimes grab a couple co-workers and hit a few holes during lunch. Been about a year for me though
    Do you still have your discs? If so get out there this summer.