Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Our local dive bowl went of business and is now a brewery.
    Everything's a brewery these days. They're like weeds. Haha, weed.

Bowled in a cave once in Poland.

Europe has some really cool shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

I bowled in a cave of an alley today that was perfectly lit by the glow of Budweiser signs and tvs, and the beer came from a plastic pitcher with 7 ounce glasses.
    I still call it The Jake.

Somehow bowling an Row Disland are inextricably linked in my mind. Must be the annual charity bowling event at the East Providence Lanes I used to roll at. It's as RI as coffee milk and clam balls.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Somehow bowling an Row Disland are inextricably linked in my mind. Must be the annual charity bowling event at the East Providence Lanes I used to roll at. It's as RI as coffee milk and clam balls.
    Ha, I've bowled there. It was an awkward date. Cute girl, though.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Micro brewery and lanes

Call it Big Labrewski
    Yeah, that is good.

A brewpub with a Lebowski-themed bowling alley already exists in San Diego. Sadly, it's kinda pretentious, and rolls a gutter-ball for authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Love to roll the rock. Bowling league is the original social network. My high school had bowling instead of PE our senior year.
    Not a fan of the new luxury lanes of today with expensive drinks and trippy lights. They rarely oil those lanes or just dump fucktons of it on there.
    I carry a 200 average - always watch out for bowlers wearing golf shirts. Dollar a pin anyone?

Edit: I am a fan however of fancy bowling like this one in Nashville. So chic.
    https://www.pinewoodsocial.com
    Huh, same group as Catbird Seat. I bet the food and cocktails are exceptional.

Well, you're gonna have a kid or two, and after the 4th or so bowling party you attend as a parent in the daylight....you're perspective will change.

I do recall litterally running/sliding around Virginia Highland in the late 80s in stolin bowlin shoes. more than once. Good Times.
    YMMV.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    Well, you're gonna have a kid or two, and after the 4th or so bowling party you attend as a parent in the daylight....you're perspective will change.

I do recall litterally running/sliding around Virginia Highland in the late 80s in stolin bowlin shoes. more than once. Good Times.
    YMMV.
    Ha! My bowling shoes are on permanent loan from some alley that I don’t think exists anymore.

I’ll be prepared for when the kids parties start popping up. Thanks for the heads up.

I haven't bowled in years and have no plans to do so, but I very much enjoyed the documentary film A League of Ordinary Gentlemen which aired a few years ago on PBS's Independent Lens.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    I haven't bowled in years and have no plans to do so, but I very much enjoyed the documentary film A League of Ordinary Gentlemen which aired a few years ago on PBS's Independent Lens.
    Yes! I thought the wife and I were the only ones to catch that. Great look into the sport from several perspectives.

fuck yeah, bowling is the jam. my best bud in college worked at the small town alley, so we had the in for $1.50/person + $1/hr bowling. pitchers of domestic for $6. living the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Don't forget the stinky rental shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    I do recall litterally running/sliding around Virginia Highland in the late 80s in stolin bowlin shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Ha! My bowling shoes are on permanent loan from some alley that I don’t think exists anymore.

Don't act like you're above me, just look at your shoes.

Stumbled upon the PBA Playoffs on FS1 from Portland, Maine just now.

Some thoughts:

1) that Aussie with the 2 hand technique apparently went and became the greatest bowler of all time. Someone send that guy a congratulatory crotch-chop.

2) Booner has a soulmate, and she’s the lane-side reporter Kimberly or Kimmy Pressler.

3) By the looks of this crowd I’d say there’s at least 5 maggots in attendance, maybe some of the ECRC judging by the yelling. .

Found this little four lane in a surprising place, in a bar not to far from the gondola station in Belle Plagne at La Plagne in the Alps. It really smelled like a bowling alley, too.

what was your score?

Sometime around 1977ish my church youth group took a ski trip from Minneapolis to Indianhead in the UP of Michigan. It was a bare bones budget trip. We loaded our gear in to a really rusted out used school bus rental and stayed in a bunk house that had little to no heat and lukewarm water. It was COLD with that wind blowing in from the Lake Superior ice. Anyway, after a decent day of skiing Saturday there was NOTHING to do back at the bunk house so the 10 of us took a walk around the little po dunk town we were at and found a bowling alley open. Even back then everyplace I'd been had automatic scoring... until then. One of the kids actually knew how to keep score and taught us all. It was absolutely the most fun I ever had bowling to this day, and I've been a lot since. Never a "bowler" but always game to throw a few games when others want to go do that.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Fuckin Quintana... That creep can freaking roll man.

Yeah, but he's a pervert Dude.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Sometime around 1977ish my church youth group took a ski trip from Minneapolis to Indianhead in the UP of Michigan. It was a bare bones budget trip. We loaded our gear in to a really rusted out used school bus rental and stayed in a bunk house that had little to no heat and lukewarm water. It was COLD with that wind blowing in from the Lake Superior ice. Anyway, after a decent day of skiing Saturday there was NOTHING to do back at the bunk house so the 10 of us took a walk around the little po dunk town we were at and found a bowling alley open. Even back then everyplace I'd been had automatic scoring... until then. One of the kids actually knew how to keep score and taught us all. It was absolutely the most fun I ever had bowling to this day, and I've been a lot since. Never a "bowler" but always game to throw a few games when others want to go do that.
    sweet blog
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    sweet blog
    the gift that keeps on giving

A few years back, some swarthy people in headscarves tried to bowl in Bishop, CA: bad idea. https://www.pacificcitizen.org/patro...bowling-alley/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Hurley?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

"Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hurley?
    Probably Lucky Strike Lanes in Ironwood, MI? Not sure though.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    That movie could have taken a much more wild turn had Nic Cage taken the buxom redhead up on her offer.

Someone page Booner and tell him to check out the bowling reporter. I’m positive he’ll think she’s a nice girl.