New Fischer overlap alpine/touring/crossover boot

Just saw a pair here in Jackson. 130 flex rating that seemed legit. Tech fittings, interesting walk/downhill mode system and nice and light. Made my 130Hawx XTD look like bedroom slippers by comparison.

Didn't take a pic but will try and get one. $799 full retail price tag.

Prediction: five years from now the majority of serious boots will be in the lightweight category...alpine only styles included.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ive yet to flex a fischer boot that didn't seem 10-15 less than other boots
    ill wait for the 140 flex model
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ive yet to flex a fischer boot that didn't seem 10-15 less than other boots
    ill wait for the 140 flex model
    Felt just as stiff, if not more Tha most competitive crossover boots.

Damn...1500ish grams, all them buckles and burly power strap for people like me who like to fine tune fit and 130 flex? If it'll fit my feet, has a progressive flex, and walks half decently; I like!

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 883
Size:  232.4 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Interesting indeed vs XTD

Grilamid
    99mm last
    Interchangeable soles
    Curious to see how that walk mechanism works
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Felt just as stiff, if not more Tha most competitive crossover boots.
    How is the cuff/liner height compared to other similar boots? Cochise for example? Would love a slightly taller boot.

Sent fra min F5321 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    How is the cuff/liner height compared to other similar boots? Cochise for example? Would love a slightly taller boot.

That’s what I noticed the most. Tall cuff with lots of support. Easily much taller than a Cochise or XTD. Same in the women’s model, which is a nice change for many. Only complaint I had was the lack of calf volume without adjustment.

That’s what I noticed the most. Tall cuff with lots of support. Easily much taller than a Cochise or XTD. Same in the women’s model, which is a nice change for many. Only complaint I had was the lack of calf volume without adjustment.
    Lack of, as in low volume? I have skinny calves, so this sounds better and better. Remember anything about solelength?

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Lack of, as in low volume? I have skinny calves, so this sounds better and better. Remember anything about solelength?

Yes, low volume calf.
    Don’t remember BSL, I’ll check when I see them again. They will Be avalible in limited quantities (a couple dozen boots across three sizes IIRC) later this season.

Yes, low volume calf.
    Don’t remember BSL, I’ll check when I see them again. They will Be avalible in limited quantities (a couple dozen boots across three sizes IIRC) later this season.
    Ok, thanks. Really looking forward to trying them on

hm, these might be a good hawx/rc4 combo killer - i am wanting just the one pair of boots instead of swapping between them. If anybody know the boot sole length of the ranger frees in 25.5 i would be much obliged

Anyone want to explain what a waterprotected shell is?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Anyone want to explain what a waterprotected shell is?
    Speculating that the boots come with a roll of duct tape.
    Master of mediocrity.

305 mm in a 26.5
    Fit is listed as a 99mm, which I think is reasonable. Toes are tighter on me than my Lange Freetour or Cochise boots. Shop flex is stiffer than both.
    1562g according to my scale with stock liner and footbed, no spoilers. Liner is 350g, so for those of you paying attention a Pro Tour or Pro tongue liner gets this under 1500g. I needed to move the top ladder to the loosest setting to fit my mid volume calf. Never done this before.
    I think you can put this as a legit 130.

Range of motion on the floor is sufficient for a cross over boot but I’d like something more in a pure touring boot.

Legitimate stiff boot

I skied the 130 at demo days at Mammoth last week. It is a very stiff boot, but I would describe the flex profile as something like hitting a brick wall. It felt stiffer than my Salomon MTN Labs by a meaningful amount. Some other notes:
    • Low volume calf. I'm no keg leg but I was feeling squeezed.
    • Grilamid construction means these boots will be very serviceable by a good bootfitter. Should be a great option for many feet.
    • High instep, reasonably narrow heel, toe box is probably middle of the curve.
    • Stepping into this boot is a chore. Very rigid feeling.
    • Walk mode is pretty nifty, a tiny little lever just below the second buckle. Although I would still prefer more ROM.
    Last edited by erik_the_red; 02-15-2018 at 10:39 PM.

After a day on hill I’d say this is up there with the Lange XT Free, and Lupo Factory as the best skiing cross over boots; this is a few hundred grams lighter. Rear support is comparable to the Lupo Factory. In ski mode you can count on the boot to keep you from falling back. More rear support than the Lange XT Free. I thing the Lange skis with a more alpine like forward flex. Defiantly smoother than the Fischer. Fischer might be a hair stiffer. Much more support and smooth drive compared to the Atomic XTD, Salomon MTN, or current ZeroG. Laterally, it’s quick and responsive. No complaints there.
    Upright stance. I like a pretty upright boot (Lange with a Tecnica spoiler is my go to) and I still put the spoiler back in after two runs.

Even after some initial shell work to get rid of the SomaTec bullshit, I’ll be adding more forefoot and toe room, along with a heel punch. Ankle is roomy compared to an XTD, but I didn’t find my heel going anywhere.

I disagree that this boot is hard to get on and off. I had no issues taking it on and off even after leaving it in the car all morning.

Wow, sounds like an amazing boot
    EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING UPRIGHT STANCE.
    Are they trying to sell shit to people who don't actually know how to ski and like short, soft, rockered skis with forward midsole marks, or are some people just incredibly well balanced at all times in their form?
    How does an upright 130 not put anyone under 225lbs instantly in the back seat?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

After a day on hill I’d say this is up there with the Lange XT Free, and Lupo Factory as the best skiing cross over boots; this is a few hundred grams lighter. Rear support is comparable to the Lupo Factory. In ski mode you can count on the boot to keep you from falling back. More rear support than the Lange XT Free. I thing the Lange skis with a more alpine like forward flex. Defiantly smoother than the Fischer. Fischer might be a hair stiffer. Much more support and smooth drive compared to the Atomic XTD, Salomon MTN, or current ZeroG. Laterally, it’s quick and responsive. No complaints there.
    Upright stance. I like a pretty upright boot (Lange with a Tecnica spoiler is my go to) and I still put the spoiler back in after two runs.

Even after some initial shell work to get rid of the SomaTec bullshit, I’ll be adding more forefoot and toe room, along with a heel punch. Ankle is roomy compared to an XTD, but I didn’t find my heel going anywhere.

I disagree that this boot is hard to get on and off. I had no issues taking it on and off even after leaving it in the car all morning.
    Care to explain what they mean by water protected shell

Because not everybody has your anatomy, stucky.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Wow, sounds like an amazing boot
    EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING UPRIGHT STANCE.
    Are they trying to sell shit to people who don't actually know how to ski and like short, soft, rockered skis with forward midsole marks, or are some people just incredibly well balanced at all times in their form?
    How would this boot compare to a cochise in regards to "upright stance"? Not much of a tech guy, I just like to shred and these look sick.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Care to explain what they mean by water protected shell
    I have no fucking clue

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Because not everybody has your anatomy, stucky.
    I get that, but there have been plenty of posts and threads on people hating upright boots. Get off my lawn!
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Tried a pair on today. My street shoe size : 11.5 shell size 27.5 ( my normal) I have sixth toe and Mortons toe issues (longer second toe) that generally require punching, narrow calves and ankles and fairly flat feet.

First reaction was they would easily work for my feet without much work, I think I could have thrown in my current intuition wraps and gone skiing. Flex, soft initial to a moderately progressive wall...similar to my Hawx XTD...so they kind of bottom out at the end. I had my Alpine Hawx ultra 130 w/wraps on the other foot and they were significantly stiffer than the Fischers. I would say they were on par or a bit stiffer than my XTD's with Wraps installed. With wraps I would expect them to be maybe 20 flex points stiffer than the XTD's with a bit more progressive flex. ROM seemed good with walk mode engaged...not tennis shoe rando boot style but well within the range of being a decent touring boot. Didn't get to ski them today but should have the opportunity soon. I don't see them being a do it all one boot quiver for me but for someone not demanding super high end alpine performance I could see them in that role.