Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: David Byrne tickets (4) for July 31 Boston @ Blue Hills Pavillion

four tickets to sold out Byrne show July 31st @ Blue Hills Bank Pavillion

Sec 4 Row T

$67 each, what I paid

supposed to have like six drummers and none of them sitting down

I'll take 'em

pm me I guess? I haven't been checking this forum much lately. however you want to do it is fine, I could paypal you or whatever

thanks

Is this still thing? PM me if so, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'll take 'em

pm me I guess? I haven't been checking this forum much lately. however you want to do it is fine, I could paypal you or whatever

thanks
    Hope you get these and post a mini TR.
    Last edited by ACH; 03-08-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Is this still thing? PM me if so, thanks.
    It is still a thing, sorry I forgot I posted these here. PM incoming

Sold to Iceman

I got tix to see him at Red Rocks. I'm totally broke and couldn't really afford the tix, but never seen him live, and I feared he would end up in that category of artists I regret not seeing when I had the chance.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Sold to Iceman
    Yeah thanks I'm psyched. I saw the Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" (big suit) tour and haven't seen him since. Saw them in '78 on campus at Georgetown, I had been in college for about a month at the time, good times. https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.585a306dafb6

This is the same tour, a few weeks later (video's a little rough):

Saw Devo in the same venue a couple weeks later, them were the days.

I saw the Stop Making Sense show too, first time I ate blotter to boot. I've seen Byrne solo 3 or 4x and saw him most recently doing a show with St Vincent. She's pretty awesome. Caught a couple Tom Tom Club shows as well.

Danno, you won't regret it.

I recommend some acid for this
    RISD represent !
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    I recommend some acid for this
    RISD represent !
    I almost just burned my house down because of that shit! Put some water up to boil, came over here and watched that, then fell down a T Heads rabbit hole until I smelled something fucked up - pan had boiled dry and it was red hot!

Which is to say i liked it, thanks.

I saw the Stop Making Sense show too, first time I ate blotter to boot. I've seen Byrne solo 3 or 4x and saw him most recently doing a show with St Vincent. She's pretty awesome. Caught a couple Tom Tom Club shows as well.

Danno, you won't regret it.
    Yeah, pretty psyched.

Stop Making Sense is the only movie I've seen in a theater more than once. Saw it 3 times. Once stoned, once drunk, once sober. Drunk was the best, but all were amazing.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Too lazy to find the vid right now but check out Late Show w Stephen Colbert video from last week when Byrne and this band performed. Holy crap is this going to be an interesting show

Sure wish he'd drop the beef and re unite with Tom Tom Club. Regardless, I did go check in to tickets for his show here.. GONE!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

David Byrne is a fucjing genius
    Hello darkness my old friend

Too lazy to find the vid right now but check out Late Show w Stephen Colbert video from last week when Byrne and this band performed. Holy crap is this going to be an interesting show
    holy cow was that good and weird, just like it should be. I'm fucking psyched!

Tickets to the show came with a copy of his new CD, it showed up in the mail today. Going to give it a spin tomorrow.

lazy slackers, take off your shoes ..before you come into My House

See ?

Nice, thanks Willy, I didn't know he was on Colbert.

RIP Ian. Genius. And that band, yow.

FS: David Byrne tickets (4) for July 31 Boston @ Blue Hills Pavillion

Interesting. The new music is cool. One of the better shows I’ve seen was TH and the Bush Tetras in Eugene Oregon 1979.

I was not a fan of the big suit music. Too artsy.

That reminds me of HST with a Devo kick.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Just got back from the show that this thread was started for, it was outstanding. Great mix of old and new, some classic Talking Heads and a bunch of new stuff, all really tight and good. Man he is 66 and moves like he's still 30, he's like the funkiest white boy ever still. Highly recommend this tour, great sound, great concept and production, just really a fine piece of work by everyone involved.

And thanks Ticketchecker for getting the tix and being cool about it all, I really appreciate it man.

Dang. I was gone in May when he came through Seattle.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

glad you enjoyed Iceman, heading down from Maine for tonight's show.

As involved (but also really simple, even though that sounds like a contradiction) as the production was, I bet it's pretty much a set piece, I'd be surprised if they play a different set tonight, so rather than list the songs I'll just let you enjoy it as it comes Ticketchecker. But i really think you'll enjoy it. Thanks again man.

I wasn't familiar with opening act Benjamin Clementine but he was also really good and fresh and different, do yourself a favor and read up on him and maybe watch a couple videos, the guy is a talent for sure and he's getting a lot of recognition (which I wasn't aware of before, but have since read up a bit).

The J. Pace Italian deli right across the street turned out to be a good option for food, there's good vendors in the venue (Redbones BBQ, Pizzeria Regina, etc.), but the deli was good, and pretty cheap, and there's plenty of seating inside but it's kind of hidden when you're in the place, we didn't realize it was there until we went to use the bathroom so we ate at some tables they have outside on the sidewalk, which was fine. Just a heads up.
    Last edited by iceman; 08-01-2018 at 07:03 AM.