Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    My old kona is forkless so I guess the wheels could go, too. I know they can take a rim brake but I'm not sure what else. I can take pictures when I get home
    Sure.

I’ll post spacing after I measure later.

That chain reaction wheel would work, but it’s way overkill for my slow lightweight wife.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    again ... wheels and tires are not your problem. Suspension forks in 1 1/8th are.

EDIT ... my bad ... I confused Jonny Snow with the OP for a second .... sitting here yelling at my computer "why wont you answer my question" ... fun times. Co workers think I am crazy. (probably right)
    Haha

3 26" bikes: Mine, wife's, and 12yo's. I agree that the challenge, especially being frugal, may revolve around new (or even lightly used) forks with bosses for v-brake and 1 1/8".

Thanks for the suggestions of places to look/search.

Good discussions here. Especially related to rim and tire size and clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Sure.

I’ll post spacing after I measure later.

That chain reaction wheel would work, but it’s way overkill for my slow lightweight wife.
    I thought the wheels could take rim brakes but I was wrong. It says right on it disc brake only. Sorry.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180208_213732.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	223616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180208_213739.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	959.5 KB 
ID:	223617

I'll chime in here, I have a 26" hardtail steel stumpjumper from early 90s that I have been continuously updating as stuff wears out. I got a 1 1/8 steer SID a few years back, and used a disc front wheel with mechanical disc brakes. still have the canti in back, and yes I have the problem of finding a rear wheel when this one goes, but it cuts my canti problems in half.
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

I’ve got a 1 1/8 rockshock budget fork, basically new at home. Short steerer...might be good for the 12 yr olds bike. Shoot me a pm if you’re interested at all and I’ll take some photos.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

The rear spacing is 150 mm if anybody wants to sell me a cheap rim brake rear. BTW, I did what HobieTony did for this bike. I did put on a Praxis 32 tooth front to make it a 1X, though.
    It just doesn't make sense to send the frame to somebody to weld on a disk brake mount. This is her spare/extra bike.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    The rear spacing is 150 mm if anybody wants to sell me a cheap rim brake rear. BTW, I did what HobieTony did for this bike. I did put on a Praxis 32 tooth front to make it a 1X, though.
    It just doesn't make sense to send the frame to somebody to weld on a disk brake mount. This is her spare/extra bike.
    You don't have a 150mm hub on a bike that's running canit brakes... its most likely 135mm.... unless it's some rare bird early 90's DH bike.

.... most bicycle parts distributors have 135mm rim brake wheels at or below the quality / cost of the CRC one I linked. High end shops don't stock, but its in their catalogs. Just ask.

Almost certain the cycles lambert, and right to play sports both have options (both CDN distributors). Higher end stuff is harder and harder to come by. But there are still options for that if you want to build it.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I’ve got a 1 1/8 rockshock budget fork, basically new at home. Short steerer...might be good for the 12 yr olds bike. Shoot me a pm if you’re interested at all and I’ll take some photos.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sent you a PM
    Thanks