K2 Pettitor/Shreditor 120: 1st-year 2013 vs. the years after that

I'm usually pretty good at answering my own questions with my own research, but in this case, I have low confidence in my research. Hoping for a first-hand eye-witness or a K2 rep from circa 2012-2014.

I found a decent deal to buy a used 1st-year 2013 K2 Pettitor like this one: https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/k2-pettitor-2013 . HOWEVER, if the tip design changed after that first year, then I want to reject the 2013 model and look for a later-year model of that same product line (120mm-waist Pettitor/Shreditor 120 from 2014-2017).

So, did the tip design change after that 1st year? My research yields that K2 reps changed the emphasis of their wording starting with the 2014 K2 Shreditor 120 (like at https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/k2-shreditor-120-2014 ), when they started emphasizing words about the "more tapered tip" and "lower profile tip".

But are those words just their new way to sell the exact same tip design as the year before? Or did the tip design really change after the 1st year?

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

First year was stiffer than other years.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    First year was stiffer than other years.
    Thanks Betelgeuse! Good info.

Anyone else know if the 1st-year red/yellow version has a tip design with less taper and/or more tip upturn than the years after that?

Last edited by Vitamin I; 02-15-2018 at 01:25 AM.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Bump

1st year is a bit stiffer, and has more camber height. I am pretty sure the tip shape stayed the same, but as you say the wording and marketing for the 2014 model changed. I think when they emphasize “new tapered tip”, I think they mean it’s new from the Obsethed and Hellbent shapes, not new from year to year of the pettitors. That’s my take on the shape. I may be wrong, but when I look at the taper points and sidecut of the skis side by side, they are indistinguishable.

They changed the skin clips around I think too. 2013 might had metal plugs, and the 2014 had a rubber cap.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

OK, thanks for the info!