Thread: Pieps Micro

Pieps Micro

Hi,

Have anybody tried it? I am considering Micro vs Sport as my first beacon.
    Thank you

I haven't tried it, but I just read this:
    http://beaconreviews.com/transceiver...PiepsMicro.asp

And after reading it, I'd think twice before getting it as a first beacon. I have the Sport and really appreciate its simplicity and more-or-less intuitive functionality.

I have the micro, and I agree with The Skipper.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 5.46.08 PM.png
Views: 383
Size:  31.2 KB
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Thank you, I haven’t read it. It seems like sport is the winner

We spent a lot of time going back and forth on that review...I love it for skimo racing and spring/summer touring, and the search performance is excellent, but you really do have to be aware of the automated switchover quirks.

+2 get the DSP Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    We spent a lot of time going back and forth on that review...I love it for skimo racing and spring/summer touring, and the search performance is excellent, but you really do have to be aware of the automated switchover quirks.
    It's a good review. You guys have done a good job with that site, and probably don't get enough kudos for it, but it's the first reference I check when looking into beacons and your test results jive closely with my experiences on beacons I've used. So thanks.

Edit: waiting to hear your thoughts on the new Barryvox (which is on sale at bc.com)

Yeah, that's a great review site

You can get a sport for pretty cheap too, mine was $211 brand new on Amazon last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Edit: waiting to hear your thoughts on the new Barryvox (which is on sale at bc.com)
    Second this. Time to retire my 12 year old Barry.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    It's a good review. You guys have done a good job with that site, and probably don't get enough kudos for it, but it's the first reference I check when looking into beacons and your test results jive closely with my experiences on beacons I've used. So thanks.

You're welcome - although Steve deserves 99% of the credit for the website.

I had a loaner Barryvox S beta unit in the early fall, and seemed like a nice upgrade over my much beloved Pulse.
    Unfortunately since my own production unit arrived later on in the fall, I've been too busy with skimo race organizing to test it thoroughly. (Steve also hasn't tested it thoroughly yet, but he shared my initial positive impressions.)

I'm a fan. After lots of testing and an AST2 course I'm using it regularly. The new Barryvox S is pretty amazing and I might switch just for the range but the Micro is every bit as functional as the Pieps Sport IMO.