Is there a way to recycle or other use for ski boots?

I am wondering what you can do with ski boots once they have sung the last song. I have 3-4 pairs of boots in my gear room ready to give up the ghost, but I don't feel good about them in a landfill.

Anybody know what you can do with them? Can you throw them in plastic recycling? Maybe take all the buckles and rivets out first?

Planters for flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    I am wondering what you can do with ski boots once they have sung the last song. I have 3-4 pairs of boots in my gear room ready to give up the ghost, but I don't feel good about them in a landfill.

Anybody know what you can do with them? Can you throw them in plastic recycling? Maybe take all the buckles and rivets out first?
    I am trying to collect boots in every size so I have loaners for newbie skier friends, need a 25 and 28, got either?

Yeah 25. You can take them with next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Yeah 25. You can take them with next month.
    ok.

Any 24s? (langes especially. I'd like to get the lady in to a stiffer boot than her RX 80s.)

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    ok.

Any 24s? (langes especially. I'd like to get the lady in to a stiffer boot than her RX 80s.)
    No, but Second Wind will probably have something cheap to grab. Definitely stop by there while your in town.