Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    1. Apres Brunch starts at 11:00 w/Bloody Mary(s)
    2. Finished with Firball + Budlight
    3. Gun rack, no topper, late model domestic
    4. Chris Ledoux | $5 Fine for Whining
    5. You never use 4WD unless you are stuck or are helping pull a "yuppy" Land Rover w/CO plates out of the ditch.
    Last edited by sickturd; 02-07-2018 at 01:46 PM. Reason: yuppies

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    More than 1 house.
    See? I knew I qualified, even if I've never lived in the flatland house.
    I'm so hot right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    They put on their boots in the parking lot.
    Huh? YMMV, but I know few "locals" who use lockers, and they tend to be elderly. Plus, putting boots on at home makes it hard to drive.

The signs for "newly minted locals" are easy: They take excessive pride in being and looking local.

They ride chairlifts

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Huh? YMMV, but I know few "locals" who use lockers, and they tend to be elderly. Plus, putting boots on at home makes it hard to drive.

The signs for "newly minted locals" are easy: They take excessive pride in being and looking local.
    Who said anything about lockers? or driving? I assume the places you frequent (unless you are one of those who only backcountry) have a base lodge?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

big phat gas guzzlin' Range Rover with sierra club,Nature Conservancy,World Wildlife Fund, etc stickers on the back window. nantucket over sand permit, 5 of them layered over each other just so you can see their steeze
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    big phat gas guzzlin' Range Rover with sierra club,Nature Conservancy,World Wildlife Fund, etc stickers on the back window. nantucket over sand permit, 5 of them layered over each other just so you can see their steeze
    Funny, I was going to add they have a Thule box with stickers from all the places they have visited.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I have trouble walking down stairs by Thursday on ski weeks out west. Easy to spot because I'll be talking myself down usually with beer in hand. Always ask people if they live around here. Love being a tourist and don't care. Not as true now as it used to be but for all my flatland gaping's and sweatshirt wearing tendencies I can usually hang with the shit kicking locals on the hill...definitely a few steps behind the better locals half my age but I am okay with that.
    All in good fun, N. I like the way you own it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Funny, I was going to add they have a Thule box with stickers from all the places they have visited.
    Stowe, MRG, Jackson, Vail

Who said anything about lockers? or driving? I assume the places you frequent (unless you are one of those who only backcountry) have a base lodge?
    TR has it backwards. Booting up is done in the parking lot. Tourists use the lodge. Apparently he isn't very observant.

Where you ski TR?

Curved handlebars, skinny tires, zap zap shifting and more carbon than a Boeing 787.

Not being snarky, but if you use the base lodge to change from shoes to boots, don't you need to store the shoes in a locker (or walk all the way back to the parking lot)?

I've always just put my boots on in the parking lot and walked straight to the lift for simplicity's sake.

The boot valet puts my boots on for me, when I step out of the limo at Deer Valley.

It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Not being snarky, but if you use the base lodge to change from shoes to boots, don't you need to store the shoes in a locker (or walk all the way back to the parking lot)?

I've always just put my boots on in the parking lot and walked straight to the lift for simplicity's sake.
    If you don't ski-in, ski-out you are not a real local. You can skin to the lift and most people will let it slide.

Saw the most obvious example ever recently. Guy took conveyor belt up to the top of bunny slope and had to take a sled ride down from patrol due to claimed altitude sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    TR has it backwards. Booting up is done in the parking lot. Tourists use the lodge. Apparently he isn't very observant.

Where you ski TR?
    2nd this one

Sent from my van down by the river. Using a NewSchoolers hack... sick I know.
    That fly seems to like you!

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post

Where you ski TR?
    Beat me to it.. was about to say the same thing. Haven't used a base lodge for anything other than liquor since I raced J3...

Quote Originally Posted by jckstein View Post
    Beat me to it.. was about to say the same thing. Haven't used a base lodge for anything other than liquor since I raced J3...
    Said even better.... love this convo

Sent from my van down by the river. Using a NewSchoolers hack... sick I know.
    That fly seems to like you!

ski bum days,base lodge caf was great for a large hot water and a handful of coffee creamers for the instant oatmeal packets in my jacket.plastic spoon and some honey or sugar packets. Breakfast on first chair up.

BBI stickers on their rocket boxes

Clean. Even if trying to pull off the dirtbag look. And recent haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    All in good fun, N. I like the way you own it.
    Ha! I know. You nailed it though.

Quote Originally Posted by jckstein View Post
    .........Haven't used a base lodge for anything other than liquor since I raced J3...
    interesting: our coach beat it into us that walking in the parking lot with your ski boots on
    wears down the toe so it wont fit your into binding snugly ........
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot View Post
    interesting: our coach beat it into us that walking in the parking lot with your ski boots on wears down the toe so it wont fit your into binding snugly ........
    which is why the racer kids leave their very large bags all over the lodge leaving no room for anyone to eat lunch. If you're worried about your boot soles wear ski-trax or something to protect them, or buy a spare set of toe and heels but keep your filthy boots off the table I'm going to eat at.

They put on their boots in the parking lot.
    Only a flatlander would say such a dumb thing.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.