Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    F yeah
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Schwerty, Mrs Teleee's (man that sounds weird still) father passed away this weekend. While it is sad, he battled cancer for 2 long years, the good news is we will be able to spend a lot less time in Iowa and a lot more time in Idaho. See you at Christmas time!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Schwerty, Mrs Teleee's (man that sounds weird still) father passed away this weekend. While it is sad, he battled cancer for 2 long years, the good news is we will be able to spend a lot less time in Iowa and a lot more time in Idaho. See you at Christmas time!
    Sorry to hear, but look forward to sharing another beer or 3 with y'all.

Tough road, L! Best to you guys! Looking forward to freezing our nuts off on a frozen river around Xmas! Give a holler or text when you know the dates. Let’s get a holiday cheer or two in there too. SnapT - would be nice to finally meet you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181120_140242.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	256418

Name:	20181120_133900.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	256419

Name:	20181120_133834.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	256421

Name:	20181120_133348.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	256420

Yeah ND! Looks cold

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Yeah ND! Looks cold
    No, I'm not really much of a winter angler. It's a rare day that I fish below freezing temp. Actually, I didn't even have a jacket on. Temps peaked at 43, dead calm and zero cloud cover. I honestly don't like throwing streamers below 36 degrees. At 36, the ice in the guides makes it a pain to haul and shoot the long range cast that's actually going to catch a fish. That's kind of my point of diminishing returns for streamers.

Name:	IMG_4320.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	618.0 KB 
ID:	258433
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

2018 tenkara logbook

I’m at an airport bar in Texas on my way to the marsh.

I don’t really fish anymore, I just make videos.

Here’s some spam for you.

https://youtu.be/viuBgrCNHe8

https://youtu.be/X0ss2gPrSco

https://youtu.be/171MeqJ1-Ak

I realize a lot of you have already seen these, but Dibs hasn’t.

Like and subscribe!

I must have missed my invite in the mail, thanks for the videos, I have enjoyed them immensely. And why would you fish when you can just sit around and talk about it
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

2018 tenkara logbook

Subscribing is way beyond my technical know-how.

I’ll keep watching if you keep posting. Much better than most of the shit I see on the interweb! Gotta have something to look at when the high temp is 4*.
    Entertaining, Roos!

Edit - holy shit! I looked you up on YouTube and figured it out. Now I just have to remember to look at YouTube. Keep making videos.
    Last edited by schwerty; 12-05-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Roos for the keeping it spicy out there win. BTW Taylor and T&T want to spanser you.

Cause being HUGE is not easy.
    Harvest the ride.

Name:	IMG_4366.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	955.2 KB 
ID:	259501

-Scottish Proverb

wow, that critter is dark. Tannic stained waters?

Nice pics guys! Mountains, grasslands and trout make for nice pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    wow, that critter is dark. Tannic stained waters?
    Taken directly below a dam release in CT

-Scottish Proverb

Love it D! everything here is frozen over, heading to Swan Valley after Christmas, I am hoping there might still be some open water to hit!

Love it D! everything here is frozen over, heading to Swan Valley after Christmas, I am hoping there might still be some open water to hit!
    Plenty of water to hit unless we hit a deep freeze cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Plenty of water to hit unless we hit a deep freeze cycle.
    Awesome! I can always grab J’s boat if you want to get out. I will hit you up when i know exact dates. We will probably get there around the 30th.

Awesome! I can always grab J’s boat if you want to get out. I will hit you up when i know exact dates. We will probably get there around the 30th.
    The South Fork and Henry's don't freeze but the boat ramps aren't maintained. IMHO, the lower Henrys is the better winter option because the holes on the SF are so large and deep that its often hard to get at the fish when they hunker down on the bottom in slow green water. The smaller, shallower holes below Ashton are a lot easier to deep nymph. Also, it is often warmer at midday over on the lower Henry's since you are out of the mountains. It can be nice and warm on a sunny day with southwesterly air coming up from the Arco desert. But, it is miserable cold up there when a northerly breeze is coming down from Monida Pass.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 12-18-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    The South Fork and Henry's don't freeze but the boat ramps aren't maintained. IMHO, the lower Henrys is the better winter option because the holes on the SF are so large and deep that its often hard to get at the fish when they hunker down on the bottom in slow green water. The smaller, shallower holes below Ashton are a lot easier to deep nymph. Also, it is often warmer at midday over on the lower Henry's since you are out of the mountains. It can be nice and warm on a sunny day with southwesterly air coming up from the Arco desert. But, it is miserable cold up there when a northerly breeze is coming down from Monida Pass.

Name:	South Fork Ramp.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	260543
    Oh believe me I know all about the South Fork ramps, our place is right across from the the Palisades Creek (I still call it Huskys) boat ramp. I am lazy and dont want to drive all the way over to the Hank, although a nice sunny day on the Hank sounds pretty good now that you mention it. Believe it or not, I have had some amazing days on the South Fork in some brutal winter like conditions. And the bonus is, you pretty much have the river to yourself, a rarity on that stretch. Plus I am only 10 minutes from the take out to a warm fire and a hot toddy!

I guess you would have better position to work the big holes from a boat. So far this season, with the bulk of the snow falling in the high country, ramp access at 5400 elevation in the Swan probably isn't any worse than that photo. There is just 1 to 1.5 ft of settled snow up here at 6400 on the Valley floor.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    I guess you would have better position to work the big holes from a boat. So far this season, with the bulk of the snow falling in the high country, ramp access at 5400 elevation in the Swan probably isn't any worse than that photo. There is just 1 to 1.5 ft of settled snow up here at 6400 on the Valley floor.
    I will keep my fingers crossed that the snow stays high and the temps stay mild. Otherwise I will be on the skis, and that isnt all bad either

As you can see, not a lot of snow across the street from your place.