Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3253.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	236855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3251.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	236856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3263.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	725.6 KB 
ID:	236857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3264.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	567.3 KB 
ID:	236858
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Checked off a spot that's been on my list for a while. It's quite a drive to get out there
    Ive done that as a day trip I think those are the prettiest bows anywhere. Scenery none too shabby. Rumors or huge browns hiding in the confluence with that bigger creek at the end of the downcanyon hike but I only ever walked the whole way once and my huge fly fishing box was back n the truck.

I tried to fish on sunday and seemed to follow the rain storms and me n the boy caught skunks. I tried to fish on monday and fubared my back putting on my fishing pants. Switched plans to harrassing planters at tibble fork putntake. Nubby finned fuckers were besides themselves for purp woolinugger. Fished AF river below TF hoping salmotrutta survived the mudflow from dam reconstruction. Fished hard and stomped through a bit of good holding water and.didnt move a fish. Rock check no caddis midges or annelids. Pretty sure that river is dead. Bummer it was a gem.

At least the pupper we are watching enjoyed his first fish sniffens

Name:	IMG_20180521_162232_816.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	248.7 KB 
ID:	236861

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Name:	IMG_4071.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	592.8 KB 
ID:	236900

Name:	IMG_4075.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	733.3 KB 
ID:	236901

Name:	IMG_4078.JPG 
Size:	640.2 KB 
ID:	236902

Spent the weekend at Willard Bay. Got up Saturday, cooked breakfast on my newest favorite camping toy, I highly recommend a Blackstone 17" tabletop griddle. The thing runs on green propane cylinders and has plenty of room to cook up whatever you want. Walked the dyke after that, saw one group of carp and a couple feeding solos. I tried casts to all of them, finally on my third attempt I was able to put it in the general vicinity of one, but no dice. (Then proceeded to whip my fly off on a backcast.)

Went out that evening and dragged a worm around to no avail, strong winds came up and made for tough rowing to get back to shore. Went out yesterday evening as well, strong winds at first kept me near shore but then it calmed down. I ventured out a few hundred yards from shore, sipping my water bottle of wine and dragging a fruitless worm around.

After a couple hours of this the water bottle of wine was empty and I felt an urge to pee. I noticed that I was now about 400 yards from shore. I also realized that the urge was getting worse. I started rowing towards shore, as I got closer rowing a bit faster. About a hundred yards from shore the urge was now a full blown, oh shit I've gotta piss, bad. I frantically oared through brush as the fullness in my loins became a burn. About 10 yards from shore it was now past the point of holding it, I jumped out of the pontoon as a couple squirts went into my waders. I'd already unclipped them in anticipation of reaching shore, and at that point threw them down and released my member and it's already started stream. As I sat there in relief my urine flowed and I noticed that my bluetooth speaker that until that point had been playing music encouraging me to row faster had quit playing music. Hmm, that's strange?

I finish my relieving business and pull up my waders, I look down into the pocket my iPhone once resided in and see nothing. Fuck, my six month old iPhone X is now on the bottom under about 3 feet of water. Of course we're at a slightly wind whipped shore and the water is murky as fuck. I instantly go down to my chin trying to find it. My fleece soaking up water like it's going out of style. I searched for several minutes and took a break to remove the fleece. Now clad in a t-shirt I once again go up to my chin determined I'm not walking away without the $1200 toy. Several more minutes I feel it and triumphantly bring it out of the water!

It lights up immediately and lets me know there are several notifications. One of which should be, "You're a fucking moron, don't put me in an open pocket again." I pulled the pontoon up on shore and decided that was probably enough for the night. Walked back to the campsite and the wife immediately noticed I was soaking wet, lol. Once I got back the phone stopped face ID'ing, and the speaker doesn't work and other strangeness. Apparently 3-5 minutes under water doesn't do a "water resistant" iPhone much good. It's now in a tupperware bowl of rice and a bit of cotton.

I've also been googling "cleaning pee out of waders." to varying degrees of humor.

Spent a day last week with some vets, had a great time hanging with them and managed to get them into quite a few slabs as well

A few from this monthClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180522_145837.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	237486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180522_111246.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	237487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180517_105055_082.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	237488

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

I drove up a canyon and fished a spring creek near a ski jump right by some mtb trails behind a brewery and caught a fish on a fly I tied myself while wetwading in chacos. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180529_170549_485.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	237539Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180529_180010_922.jpeg 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	237540

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app while on the shitter
    Last edited by TheFugitive; 05-29-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Did some soft hackle swinging this weekend, this was one of the dozen small browns I found. Never seen a humpback brown before, it didn't seem to be a tumor- anyone seen a fish like this?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180526_124812325_BURST001.jpeg 
Views:	90 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	237541

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    I drove up a canyon and fished a spring creek near a ski jump right by some mtb trails behind a brewery and caught a fish on a fly I tied myself while wetwading in chacos. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180529_170549_485.jpeg 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	237539Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180529_180010_922.jpeg 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	237540

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app while on the shitter
    I thought that was all fenced off and private property? There’s some open water there?

I thought that was all fenced off and private property? There’s some open water there?
    Different spot. This is public water and the other side of the road. Sent you a PM homey.

Bunny Don't Surf

Name:	IMG_3282.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	237558

Name:	IMG_3283.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	237559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3284.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	237560Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3286.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1,022.4 KB 
ID:	237561
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

fun weekend on the Cape. tons of fish, though nothing larger than schoolie size.

had to fish the big ditch at least once

fishing in my old stomping grounds provided some of the most consistent action

then the weather turned

made my way out to the elbow of the Cape

birds were working good on Sunday. the fish were pushing bait up on the flats, chaos within arms reach

it's good reset once in awhile and get away from the bs, been too long for me. I ate when I was hungry and slept when I was tired and didn't really think of much other than where I was going to fish next. sure was tough going back to work yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by miserywhip View Post
    Did some soft hackle swinging this weekend, this was one of the dozen small browns I found. Never seen a humpback brown before, it didn't seem to be a tumor- anyone seen a fish like this?Click image for larger version. 

I’ve caught Cutties in high mountain lakes like that, they were gorged fat on whatever they eat up there, (probably skuds), and they could barely swim.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

I ate when I was hungry and slept when I was tired and didn't really think of much other than where I was going to fish next.
    Lifegoals

Bunny Don't Surf

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Spent a day last week with some vets, had a great time hanging with them and managed to get them into quite a few slabs as well

pleasure sharing

will be back out there for a project healing waters gig the 20th if youd like to come gives a little backs
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Name:  uintas christmas meadow.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  55.9 KB
    Name:  uintas brookie.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  93.9 KB
    Name:  uintas waders n skins.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  115.0 KB
    Montani Semper Liberi

Fourteen minutes after I snapped this pic...

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	237871

I snapped this one, oh yeah, poopfish on!

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	983.8 KB 
ID:	237872

28 minutes later I snapped this one.

Name:	IMG_0047.jpg 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	237873

He was a battle on a 5wt, he tried all kinds of crap, rolled several times and paid the price. He’s gonna be stinging for a few days.

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	237874

Hahaha. 14 minutes? Pull sideways dude. Pull the opposite direction of whatever way he's facing.

Nice fish, Bob. Nice little spot you got there.

It was 14 minutes after I’d chatted with Golden Boy. I’d been there for and hour and half before that. The carps were cruising, spawning type stuff, not many eaters.

Been working on the cast, I saw the guy I caught, hit ahead of him and stripped him into an eat.

I’m fine with the fight, although I think I lost my first eat on a looped up rig. Casting is my weak point so far.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    nothins says hudge flyisherman like an 8 weight and a stippin basket
    with stickers

oh and a net outta take at least 5 minutes outta that time
    strong work hff jedi
    ill jknow your addicted if youre there tommarrow when i stop by for my extended pooper lunch break
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by miserywhip View Post

It appears to be lordosis. Were your fish stockers? Kinda looks like a stocker with those washed out colors and its size. Skeletal deformities commonly occur in hatchery fish that are raised in poor conditions but it occurs naturally as well. I'd guess that deformed wild fish tend to be culled by predation before they get to the size that we might catch and observe them.

One can find ridiculous "football" shaped trout occurring naturally but this doesn't seem to fit the bill for that. Those are common in extremely fertile waters (mysis tailwaters, shallow lakes loaded with scuds, rivers with large shad populations) but those are just fat fish. They have a potbelly as well as a hump. Cook up a football and you'll notice the dorsal area and belly meat is loaded with fish oil. They have disproportionate girth to length due to a high fat diet. This fish looks stunted and deformed, not fat. Thus, I'd guess it is a recently planted stocker afflicted with lordosis.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 06-04-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Don't think it was a stocker - at least I couldn't find the creek on the CO stocking report. It is only about ten feet wide and I only saw similar sized fish. A Google search for humpback brown trout had results for a study done on fish in the Bighorns where it's more common. Said they were healthy, and not inbred, but had some fused vertebrae. That sounds similar to lordosis?

I've only caught one football-shaped rainbow. Definitely more fun than Quasimodo.

a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

It appears to be lordosis.
    Prolly makes more sense.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Pretty little fish in the Juans

Name:  LRG_DSC01552.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  297.5 KBName:  LRG_DSC01553.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  265.7 KBName:  LRG_DSC01545.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  169.2 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	LRG_DSC01544.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	238037

how's the water holding out down there so far?