Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Good times, SFB!

Damn! I need to get out on the water
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Green river 420s with that fischy as fuck crew was a seriously damn good time. Torched many safeties, ate damn good, the sweet bitches kept tje moocher man in place and I danced with a couple fish and one near pb brownie. Met a fishy ethiopian, a younger tall uncle jesse, a seriously lurking mag who m8ght be the coolest mellowest dude ever, lumpy let me back in his boat after the last "incident", wader fisherman ran across river n redds to yell at us and the racoons knew better than to fuck with our camp. Cant wait for next year Telee dont go messing around and miss this shit again!

Name:  20180420_071328.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  36.7 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180420_153636.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	233626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180420_192834.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	233627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180420_193308_001.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	233628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180420_194212_805.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	233629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180420_200807.jpg 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	233630
    Olympic torchClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180420_202948.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	233631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180420_195302_705.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	233632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180420_201045.jpg 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	233633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180422_084707(0).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	233635Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180423_213706_063.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	233636

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

sfb, you floated big springs? Why?

Cheers to long lost gods.

Oh man, I even missed Ruby blue eyes!
    Definitely wont miss next year.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Oh man, I even missed Ruby blue eyes!
    Definitely wont miss next year.
    Team greels lemme row em for a couple days and enjoyed the shitshow.

Bunny Don't Surf

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    we floated big springs cause the last god was just a little oc and overstoked when it came to the catching part
    was okay in the boat but so not a walk n wader
    the rest of the crew was going to the rr ranch
    and i had a premonition of an 140 lb dog reeking og blueblood bamboo rod carnages and general mello harshing mayhem on holy waters he didnt need to be on
    where as him and i had a great float
    caught a couple dinks and only saw moose

i thinks we got em pretty good that morn on the lake

so while its probably not the most productive water in that hood
    it was and is a cool float in my book
    anyhow
    you know youre in hudge flyfishin land when the stores gots a giant troots out front

got the tour, history, and overview of sauls hood
    threw the boat in at his xtended clans crib
    and stucks a fews

cool river, great host, good shizz

rolled the back road home
    i like to stops fer history lessons

rolld into camp and the cougar den and i guess green alien orbs
    ms bindi was a bit surprised the 50lb puppy she dominated last seasons 2xed and a bit on the overbearing private parts sniffin

lumpy rolled in late
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Got to go tarpon fishing in Ft Meyers this week. Holy. Shit. So much fun. In two hours we landed two tarpon and two little nurse sharks. I had two bites but couldn’t bring mine in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0345.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	233758

Name:	IMG_0358.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	233759

This guy immediately got attacked by a bull shark when we let it go and the guide raced the boat over to try and save the tarpon. It was a little worse for wear but hopefully it survived.

Name:	IMG_3068.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	233787Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3071.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	233788
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

nice im gonna get one
    off the sup
    some day
    or get towed 2 cuba
    420 came we wokes bokes

ran shuttles n hooked up with m s r the fugitives and r

stucks a few

rolled back into camp safely chef bob cooked dutch oven tortilinis and i started safety prep for the 840 double down torch

lando lou annd t showed up
    got lit

tales were told, tastey brews consumed, and a haze of safty lingered over our river camps

the roos called said fuck its im on the road be in after midnight and mr toaster and hannah not from montanas made er up late that night
    next morn was frosty gray

gods did doggy stuffs

lando bfast buritoed the team and we hit the water
    safely

and once again sheldon and i were to have a fine young lass sharing the boat and the sun burnt off the haze pretty fast
    put her on the sticks

birds flew

fish got stuck

safety whistle blew and we rendezvoused
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

2018 tenkara logbook

I have now seen enough pics from that one that I am jealous. I can’t even find a rod these days. Too damn busy.

SFB - did you clean your boat for the lady? Looks a little more tidy than normal.

Name:	IMG_2438.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	233871

found a decent corner of PA this past weekend

PA Grand Canyon by AJD, on Flickr

very good breakfast, deli, and any necessity you'd need packed into basically one room. awesome
    Germania Country Store by AJD, on Flickr

Susquehannock by AJD, on Flickr

first fish on a dry of the year
    North Central PA Brookie by AJD, on Flickr

Gaines by AJD, on Flickr

Morris by AJD, on Flickr

crazy the difference a 3 hour drive north makes. still some lingering snow and streams running in the 40s, meanwhile down here we are in full blown spring mode

Name:	20180418_125048.jpg 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	233919

Name:	20180418_125037.jpg 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	233921

Name:	20180420_122616.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	233922

Name:	20180418_161813.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	233923

One short cutbank, three fish.

I got a bow, a cutt, a brown, a brook and a tiger in one afternoon. Twice. Nothing huge, but, wow. I never did that outside of Alaska (chum, sockeye, dolly, bow, grayling) and then I accidentally do it twice in one week in my own backyard. Last fall, I got a bow, brook, cutt and brown slam in my first four fish of the day, a slam in about 50 casts. This river sure does keep it interesting. The browns are reproducing. We're catching small ones now so it looks like they are here to stay. Fish and Game seems resigned to this; the upper river is now a brown trout fishery.

Our humble little river now has 7 different salmonids. Crazy. There aren't many streams where you can catch a grand slam plus three in a single day. I tried to get a cuttbow and a whitey to round out the full 7 bagger, but no luck. One of these days, I'm gonna get it. That is my #1 fishing goal for the season, seven salmonids in one day. That's my 2018 season challenge for us locals: who will be the first to catch a cutt, cuttbow, bow, brook, brown, tiger and whitefish in one day?
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-27-2018 at 07:49 PM.

A dozen or so browns were shocked in the lower during the survey last year. Mixed feelings but...I think it could become a mouse fishery if they take hold? Has similar ingredients to Silver Creek. Those tigers are voracious, bonk em! Huntmans seems to have no desire to keep them contained.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Those tigers are voracious, bonk em!
    Or just let them flop around in the grass, maybe. Same same.

Mixed feelings.....I've heard a lot of mixed feelings about that little river and I'm nowhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    A dozen or so browns were shocked in the lower during the survey last year. Mixed feelings but...I think it could become a mouse fishery if they take hold? Has similar ingredients to Silver Creek. Those tigers are voracious, bonk em! Huntmans seems to have no desire to keep them contained.
    I know F&G biologists took 30 browns and some tigers out of the section I was on and that they put them back in the river. So, if F&G isn't going to do anything about it, well, fuck it. I've fished there since '98 so I remember when there were virtually no trout to be had in the Basin. I don't have the heart even to bank a brookie after that; any trout is better than nothing, ya know? That's pretty much what we had from 2001 to 2004, nothing. The brooks and bows are better than nothing, imho. Tigers are voracious? Great, that's how fish get big. They eat each other.

I hear what you are saying. Hybridization and exotics certainly don't help the native, however, we should be clear on one thing. The cutts didn't fail due to competition. The cutts failed because the farmers ruined all the spawning tribs and then sucked the river dry during a five year drought. The bows and brooks came in later to fill a void. I witnessed that first hand. IMHO, cutts would still be dominant if the all the major creeks actually connected to the river for more than two months a year. Until they do, anything else is just a band-aid on a gaping head wound. If just Teton Creek ran freely to the river, we'd have a robust population of cutts and a few exotics would be an afterthought. At any rate, as filthy as that water is, we should probably just be glad anything thrives in there at all. Manure soup, that's what I call it. The mud is so full of hydrogen sulfide that it rots your boots and irritates the skin. You'd be crazy to drink from it. But, its also an insanely fertile river. It grows fish fast. I've seen some beautiful rivers that I wouldn't hesitate to drink from but they wouldn't put fat on a minnow, let alone grow big trout.

Enough of that...are you going to take up the seven salmonid challenge? I'm thinking the tiger is like hitting a triple in the cycle; when you get a tiger you can start seriously thinking about getting the rest.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-28-2018 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Meh, they are tougher than you give them credit for. If they were so fragile that 10 seconds of grass on a 50 degree day killed them, they'd probably just disintegrate in the net. I've seen many trout thriving with deep holes punched in them from osprey talons. I've seen trout with healed pelican bill wounds that look like they were hit with a machete. I've lost count of the fat, well fed trout I've seen with their lips ripped off. If they can survive that stuff, I'm sure a little soft grass isn't going to do too much. Precious mucus? I wet my hands. All I know is that after 20 years and thousands of trout, I've never seen a single case of saprolegnia around here so I don't worry about it. If it's any consolation, I do leave them in the water when the weather gets warm.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-27-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Mixed feelings.....I've heard a lot of mixed feelings about that little river and I'm nowhere near it.
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Meh, they are tougher than you give them credit for. If they were so fragile that 10 seconds of grass on a 50 degree day killed them, they'd probably just disintegrate in the net. I've seen many trout thriving with deep holes punched in them from osprey talons. I've seen trout with healed pelican bill wounds that look like they were hit with a machete. I've lost count of the fat, well fed trout I've seen with their lips ripped off. If they can survive that stuff, I'm sure a little soft grass isn't going to do too much. Precious mucus? I wet my hands. All I know is that after 20 years and thousands of trout, I've never seen a single case of saprolegnia around here so I don't worry about it. If it's any consolation, I do leave them in the water when the weather gets warm.
    I finally met the roos and he is for sure fishy as fuck, Ive never met neckdeep but I can tell by forum posts he is fishy as fuck. I havent eaten a trout that I saw alive since I lived on salt (and they were really weakfish) and swore I wouldnt until a couple weeks ago. That shit is goddamned delicious, although it might have had more to do with company present, chef and location.....

Not sure where I was going with that. I guess fish on, tight lines, enjoy our precious resources and bonk a fat riverfattened planter on the head grill it on a campfire with toph on spatula duty and enjoy it w friends....

And sfb nuke those pics my political career is at stake

Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    This is hilarious. It almost reads like you're trolling. Almost.
    Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

In Louisiana we often see big black drum that are covered in sores and infections. We never see redfish with the same condition. We asked a biologist why. Are the redfish just hardier? His answer was that the redfish do get the same infections, but they succumb more quickly and we never see them. The black drum persist longer and move into shallow water where we see them in that condition.

You can interpret that however you want. For me, the day I think I have more than the slightest clue about what really happens underwater is the day I will quit fishing. We know nothing.

For me, the day I think I have more than the slightest clue about what really happens underwater is the day I will quit fishing. We know nothing.
    Ummmm, well, then don't fish up here because this river is an open book. It's a very small, mostly shallow water stream up here in the basin. When fish die off, we can see them. When the whities had PKD two years ago, you simply had to look in the tailouts of the holes to know something was wrong. Thanks to the Yellowstone cutt, this is probably the most intensely monitored stream in the region. The river gets a thorough F&G shock survey every two years. In addition, there is a non-profit in town that has full-time biologists that do nothing but fret over this one little river and the cutties. I lived next door to one of ID F&G's head biologists while he finished his master's degree on the Teton cutts. I'm sorry to contradict you, but we actually do know quite a lot about what happens underwater here. We don't have saprolegnia. If we did, the river bottom would be littered with dead trout by the end of August. It isn't.

If you want to try the seven salmonid challenge, cool. If you just want to take a dump on another angler, fine, whatever, that's what you usually do and I already knew that when I posted in your thread. Consider your mission accomplished, bitter guide dude. Sheesh, aging fishing guides...the crankiest people you'll ever find living the dream. Well, I hope you have a great day with the kids and catch some hudge ones and don't have to see another soul out there. I know how it is, bro. There's really only two kinds of anglers: there's you and your buddies and then there's all them other assholes. Tight lines.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-28-2018 at 10:03 AM.

i knows you can fucks with the poopfish
    cause nobody cares
    not even me and i'm like into it
    and they got the ability to takes sum lickins

they are mur photographic in the water vrs grass

let 3 get in the bush and only manage to get 1 out and into the net
    and the white cap sup out ments i no longer haz a boat net as it musta got washed off the back

oh yeah and the theivin bastards broke into my rig at the crib and stole the high dollar camera a fishin bag with a few hundered bucks of goodies and my damn mojo laynard, my futional stoner ass used to keep his hudge flyfucker essentails around his neck were he could find em
    fuck that thing had been one every piscatorial pursuit ive engaged in since before the turn of the century
    back to the 420 stokes
    lou dog

bunny made it
    safely

mr.toaster and ross and his better 1/2 had worked togather at the gmd so they had a great float
    and h rowed great and gave me some fine shots
    lumpy lets me throw his sage ones and now im trying to justify hazing 20 sets of skis
    and only a few nice whippy sticks
    the spray poles came out n im not sure if a 2 hander got landered but
    since lando was involved we all limited out on smiles

actually lumpy scored a couple on the swing from camp that eve
    ate well

made friends

made casts

roosboobredupwhities
    but i lacks photgraphics proof

im still chucklin on the dudes running across redd to get in front of boats that are just gonna float by and let you homestead the yur honey hole
    and the fact that roos stuck one in front of them and we rowed behind them and the young lass stuck a big ole male
    off the redd ya trampled across with the spinninn stick and a worm i dipped in vodka marinated blackberries
    and sprayed with wd40 while wearing the audry hepburn african queen hat tied it all togathers
    oh and sweet flat brims dorks
    no boats dont make you special but it sure is fun to float with your friends

floated down and this fishy lookin dude calls out
    are you dibs
    well yeah

You better believe that if you fuck up and forget the tenkara at home your bound to find some scenic as hell crick with nosez in the air. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180428_232926_999.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	234072

Bunny Don't Surf

fer a couple decades now ive been the fishy lookin ski bum in a tan hog with the black n white goofy nefwie copirate
    so he says pull over i gotta thank you
    so i pull over and meet adipose
    i was blessed to accompany my pops's crew to yakutat and fish with pat and lisa at http://www.fishitalio.com/index.html a few times
    and shared the stoke and the outstanding ak spike camp they run

and he goes every other year now
    as would i ifin my on snow and water bummery led to a couple extra grand of disposable incomes
    and has become friends with p and l and their fur kids
    damn glad to meet cha as was my furkid fishing partners

i hope to make it to yur neck of the woods to fish ya or join ya on the italio some day
    and stoked to see ya tag one as we left

there was sharing of whippy stick life skills

and unfuckin whippystick clusterfucks

shared water

saftey stuffs

tastey beverges

and good green times
    cheers

and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    oh and sweet flat brims dorks
    I long for the days of old before the gods gift to fly fishing instagram heros and their faggotass followers even knew the seedskadees existed.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.