Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Head Kore skis

Had a pair of Kore 117 that I sold before I ever skied. Recommended mount point was ridiculously far back. Ski had good shape and flex, but the light weight build had me worried about mounting so far out of mounting zone.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Had a pair of Kore 117 that I sold before I ever skied. Recommended mount point was ridiculously far back. Ski had good shape and flex, but the light weight build had me worried about mounting so far out of mounting zone.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Good to hear this. I’ve been checking the Kore 1117 out but don’t think they will be much different from my K2 Mindbender 116c.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My son fit shift 100 mm brakes on his Kore 105s - forgot it they straight fit or required slight bending, but either way will work

Head Kore skis

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Also considering Kore 105s with Shifts or Tectons....Go 100mm or 110mm on the Shift brake for a Kore 105? I have the 110mm brake on some Shifts on 2019 R11s, which are 112mm waist.

Any issues with top sheet chipping on the Kores?

Also re mount point. I’ve always been against -10 or -11 mounts. My local shop guy says the Head pros ride the Kores at a minimum of +4cm from rec, or at approx -6cm from true centre. Which is where I’d mount. Anyone else heard this?

K
    I have this exact set up - Kore 105 with Shifts. Used as a 70/30 resort/slack ski in the Canadian Rockies over the past couple of seasons.

No issues with the 100mm brake. Fit fine and no problems popping down when needed.

Some minor chipping on the top sheets but that more to my poor technique than anything else.

Mounted mine +2cm from the line and like the way they ski.

Great ski for out here. Light enough for shorter tours but still can hold a carve on harder snow. Does get tossed around a bit in chunky leftovers but that’s to be expected for a ski as light as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 189cm Kore 105's mounted with Look HM12's that work very well as my touring ski. I ski them with a Dynafit Vulcan boot. I wouldn't call them super light but they are lighter than most. Moderately damp for the lightness with camber and not really any rocker. They do have a fair amount of tip rise. I wouldn't call them slarvy. Some say they think the factory line is to far back. They seem fine to me mounted on the line. Mount point matches up with the mount on my Kastle bmx105hp's in the same length. I've had them in deep pow, shallow pow, good corn, frozen crap, a few groomer zoom runs. Maybe it is just my style but to me, it is one of those skis that seem to lock into a medium radius turn, all day long. Would love to ski these with a pivot/Lange combo. Very capable skis. As a touring ski I would recommend. Go for it if a deal is found.
    Last edited by Fred Pabst; 07-09-2020 at 06:52 AM.

I've got the kore 105s in 189 with salomon mtn bindings and the 117s in 189 with tyrolia adrenalin 16s. Both are mounted on the line. Was torn about moving forward but I didn't because I like to carve and on the line it's already a very centered stance to engage the tail. Also both skis intended use is soft snow/pow so I'd rather favor pow performance over all mtn versatility. The skis do have a large tip but don't respond well to an old school drive the tips style. If you like to pivot more than carve, want to spin, or aren't all that big I could see a move forward, most all the head pros do mount forward, but they also have different performance demands.

PSA. Just happened to search fleabay on kore's. Asogear selling a couple pairs of the 117's for a decent price. One pair of 180's for like $350. A pair 189's for $400. Must resist!!

Head Kore skis

Have seen the Kore 105s for $449CDN delivered....at a 1.36 exchange that is like $330US.

Finger is on the trigger....

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Also re mount point. I’ve always been against -10 or -11 mounts. My local shop guy says the Head pros ride the Kores at a minimum of +4cm from rec, or at approx -6cm from true centre. Which is where I’d mount. Anyone else heard this?

K
    From the comment section of Carl Regner resort skier video. He says he mounts his 180 kore 117 at +4 and his kore 105 at +3

Looking for some info on the Head Kore 111 and 117 in the 191cm. Are they a very underrated ski? I know they have built a very good athlete team of backcountry freestyle and FWT folk. Does anyone have info on how the kore's compare to the Blizzard Rustler 11 192cm? Seems like a comparable ski width, length and weight wise. The Heads seem to be stiffer hand flexing and have a more powerful flat tail. Looking to use the combo for resort skiing at Whistler Blackcomb, Sled skiing and FWQ events this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by kicool View Post
    Looking for some info on the Head Kore 111 and 117 in the 191cm. Are they a very underrated ski? I know they have built a very good athlete team of backcountry freestyle and FWT folk. Does anyone have info on how the kore's compare to the Blizzard Rustler 11 192cm? Seems like a comparable ski width, length and weight wise. The Heads seem to be stiffer hand flexing and have a more powerful flat tail. Looking to use the combo for resort skiing at Whistler Blackcomb, Sled skiing and FWQ events this winter.
    BComb is home mountain, I'm 210#.

I 50/50'd the 192 R11 (116 underfoot) for a couple seasons and use the 191 Kore 111 (113 underfoot) as a dedicated slack ski now. Biggest difference is weight; my '22 Kore 111s weigh 1930 grams/ski where my R11s were 300 plus grams more. Both are really good soft snow skis while neither hold up as well in the firm, but for different reasons. R11 flexes rounder (as the metal doesn't extend to tip and tail), thus the tips deflect as things firm up, where the Kore 111 is stiff tip to tail and light, and becomes harsh the firmer things get. R11 has better suspension though (was more comfortable going faster in shit) and is super versatile for how wide it is, but does have more progressive tip/tail rocker/splay; the Kore 111 tail is definitely stronger on snow as you allude to, and feels more traditional/precise/demanding overall (despite all the tip taper), and skis 'narrower' than a 113 in firm. Rec line is also 2 cms further back (-8ish vs -10). Despite similar on paper radius (23ish meters), the Kore 111 feels straighter on the groom, while the R11 is the more fun carver between the two (for me).
    If it were me I'd recommend the 192 R11 over the Kore 111 all day for WB resort use, Sled and Comp laps; at my weight it feels more like a 50/50 or resort use ski where the Kore is very much a slack ski. Haven't skied the 117s.

Both good skis, just depends what ya want, but yah, fond memories on the 192 R11s!
    Last edited by Sylvan; 10-06-2022 at 06:44 PM.

Can’t say I love the 189 Kore99.
    Maybe I should move the mount forward?
    Sure isn’t even close, to the old MX98’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Can’t say I love the 189 Kore99.
    Maybe I should move the mount forward?
    Sure isn’t even close, to the old MX98’s.
    I’m thinking the comp build Heritage r99 will be close to the original MX98

Thanks Sylvan, 100% agree with what you are saying with the rustler. I was hoping the head kore 111 or 117 would be comparable. Going to keep it simple and go with the tried and true 119 DPS Koala.

Sam Kuch moving over to K2, so the freeride ski him and Cole Richardson are working on will be Cole’s pro model. Nothing to add to the thread other than the way they and the FWT athletes ski the 111 (which in my mind is a demanding and not fun ski) amazes me. Too light and stiff for what they’re doing with it but I’m definitely open to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kicool View Post
    Yah bud! Enjoy dem sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Nothing to add to the thread other than the way they and the FWT athletes ski the 111 (which in my mind is a demanding and not fun ski) amazes me. Too light and stiff for what they’re doing with it but I’m definitely open to be proven wrong.
    Haha, I hear ya. I like all the skis (including my 111s), but skiing these in firm, and seeing what FWT folks get done in shitty conditions...does not compute. Good to stay humbled I guess

bumping this old-ish thread. Saw some cheap Kore 99 with a touring layup. Claimed weight for the 177cm length is <1700g. Has anyone ridden these and able to give some feedback? I already have a 99mm chattery touring ski (older Wailer 99 pure) so that spot in my quiver is full. But if they'd be an improvement I'll scoop em up.
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    bumping this old-ish thread. Saw some cheap Kore 99 with a touring layup. Claimed weight for the 177cm length is <1700g. Has anyone ridden these and able to give some feedback? I already have a 99mm chattery touring ski (older Wailer 99 pure) so that spot in my quiver is full. But if they'd be an improvement I'll scoop em up.
    Funny not much love for the Head Kores. I have the 99, 105 and 111. I really like the 105 and 111, but the 99, not so much. Not really sure why? I could be way off, but it seems to be one of those skis that flex doesn't marry well with the side cut. To me they have no hard snow chops. To bad cause dimension wise they seemed spot on, and the lightweight layup lends it self to a good touring option, I've only experienced this once before with a Salomon Q98. That skis flex profile just didn't seem to get along with it's sidecut.