Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Very soon...Crankworx starts in a week.

Maybe a press camp/dealer launch now?
    Attachment 289855
    Heli drop shake down! Noice!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    There are rumors afloat of a 29-er Slayer, I am waiting to see geo numbers, but that may be my next bike. Hopefully they keep the reach around (heh) 440 for the playful factor.
    2020 RM site just went live, interestingly: the 2020 Slayer tab says “access denied”.... ohhh baby

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    2020 RM site just went live, interestingly: the 2020 Slayer tab says “access denied”.... ohhh baby
    It’s a 29er Slayer. My shop was trying to get me to wait to get one but it would of meant not having a bike this year. Should be definitely interesting. If it remains the great climbing ability and magic carpet on the way down of the currently Slayer with 29in wheels, it’s going to be a force to reckon with in the bike world.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This looks like a very solid option if your budget is limited.
    It hits all of the right points with geo and suspension quality.
    Gt has been quietly coming back, but I still don't know of any brick and mortar retailers to go see them.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-...re-travel.html
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Fanatik has gt demos

Welp. Pulled trigger. Sb165 raw, medium. Unreasonable, not logical, totally financially irresponsible and yet I’m so fucking pumped.

sounds like the SB165 spoke to you, this is why we buy these bikes ... good on ya
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Nice! You know the rules...lets see it!

^^ ordered through evo Seattle using some demo credits: hopefully in within the next week.

Honestly I love 29er, loved my 5.5 and the 150 was the rational move and it would have been totally badass but at the same time less exciting for me, just an evolution not a revolution. The 165 felt like what I wanted to jerk it to everyniggt.

Hell yeah. Lets link up a spin a lap when you get it.

Stoked to get out tomorrow. Installed a pnw components loam lever today. Looking forward to some testing.

Life is too short for always making the 100% rational move

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Nice dude!^

Beauty bikes!! Chances are years from now youll remember that ride more than the $. 165 looks teh bidness

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

SB165 is sick, nice work. What an amazing time we live, with basically DH bikes that pedal better and are lighter than short travel bikes from 6 or 7 years ago.

I used to agonize between getting a bike that's good on the down, ie 170 mm travel, vs one that climbs well, maybe 140.

Now i have a 180 mm front and rear e bike, and there's no need to compromise anymore.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Which "New" Bike? Nomad/Patrol/Insurgent/?

Seeking advice from the collective. I got back into MTB last summer after a long hiatus, and I’m hooked. I’ve never owned anything but hardtails, never thought I would be interested in some bike park, etc but I caught the bug. Now feeling that riding lifts will really help improve my riding on trails and would be fun too. I live 1.5 hours from Highland in NH.

I have a vintage XC race bike that I’m continuing to build up, an entry level alu fat bike that I ride on the beach / in winter/mud and a Deore-spec plus hardtail I ride as a trail bike. Keeping the XC and fat bike.

Looking to upgrade the trail bike to full suspension that I can occasionally use at bike park. Local local trails are mostly XC, but can be rough (think the Fells, Breakheart, Lynn Woods etc) not a lot of sustained downhills. But I’ve recently fallen in love with real mountain-style trails which I will be traveling to as much as I can.

My brain says I should get something like this- Santa Cruz 5010 (130mm travel)

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bi...942941322.html

But being a newb and a loser (slow learner) with the wrenches, I’m not confident in buying used bikes, so it would be a process to buy on CL.

Recently I’ve been demoing FS rides. I rode a 2018-19 Rocky Mountain Slayer 30 (170mm/165mm) on mountain-style trails and freaking loved it. Didn’t mind the way it climbed at all, was able to play a little on the downhills, etc. kind of wish it weren’t carbon, but it wouldn’t be as fun if it weren’t. I can get it for $2400 from a shop that has been awesome to me regarding the plus hardtail I bought used from them- they just fixed the fork and rear hub for the cost of parts almost a year later. So it’s a comfortable purchase, but is it too much bike? On one hand, I think it will make up for mistakes if I begin taking more risks in the Park/bigger more challenging trails. On the other hand, it might just be stupid. WWMD?
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 08-03-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    there's no need to compromise anymore.
    Well, you have compromised on your dignity

Giggle ! I didn't see that crack coming at all !

isnt there an e-bike thread for that ?

Looking forward to hearing the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Seeking advice from the collective. I got back into MTB last summer after a long hiatus, and I’m hooked. I’ve never owned anything but hardtails, never thought I would be interested in some bike park, etc but I caught the bug. Now feeling that riding lifts will really help improve my riding on trails and would be fun too. I live 1.5 hours from Highland in NH.

I have a vintage XC race bike that I’m continuing to build up, an entry level alu fat bike that I ride on the beach / in winter/mud and a Deore-spec plus hardtail I ride as a trail bike. Keeping the XC and fat bike.

Looking to upgrade the trail bike to full suspension that I can occasionally use at bike park. Local local trails are mostly XC, but can be rough (think the Fells, Breakheart, Lynn Woods etc) not a lot of sustained downhills. But I’ve recently fallen in love with real mountain-style trails which I will be traveling to as much as I can.

But being a newb and a loser (slow learner) with the wrenches, I’m not confident in buying used bikes, so it would be a process to buy on CL.

Recently I’ve been demoing FS rides. I rode a 2018-19 Rocky Mountain Slayer 30 (170mm/165mm) on mountain-style trails and freaking loved it. Didn’t mind the way it climbed at all, was able to play a little on the downhills, etc. kind of wish it weren’t carbon, but it wouldn’t be as fun if it weren’t. I can get it for $2400 from a shop that has been awesome to me regarding the plus hardtail I bought used from them- they just fixed the fork and rear hub for the cost of parts almost a year later. So it’s a comfortable purchase, but is it too much bike? On one hand, I think it will make up for mistakes if I begin taking more risks in the Park/bigger more challenging trails. On the other hand, it might just be stupid. WWMD?
    Honestly, I think for alloy, being someone who isn’t yet great with wrenches (so avoiding consumer direct) I’d be looking at Transition/Santa Cruz. They make awesome alloy versions. Edit: I think the scout alloy gx build is really good value at 3999. Depending on where you get it from you can probably get it tax free and maybe even with a discount as the season continues. (IMO it’s better value than the 5010 alloy R build at the same price)

So, I was perusing Pinkbike, looking at a used Ibis Ripmo. It is being sold by Jeff Weed.
    I think that’s a red flag that the bike wasn’t ridden on Sundays to church.

Damn.... looking forward to seeing that 165.... Looks super sick! thats right.... Sick....

what color, the Turquoise koolaid is deadly ?

talk about irresponsible cha-ching I bought the last one the dealer had before they were going up in price the next year and then got shit from the GF for taking off and forgetting the anniversary

BTW, IME if you don't use carbon paste on the seat post when you put that new frame together it will creak like a mofo, my sons 5.5 creaked as well till we slathered on the carbon paste, it worked so well I been using carbon paste on non-carbon parts like seat rails and handlebars

I just had to redo mine when it started making noise again after a couple of years
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-03-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Ha. The Yeti 165 frame alone is the same price as my bike. Looks so good though and more betterer.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post

I have a Pivot Trail 429 xt/xtr build that I use for xc and all mountain trails. It's a great bike for the type of riding that you're describing. IMO a RM Slayer on xc trails would dumb down the trail and be boring.

Also IMO carbon is overrated. Don't be skurrd of an alloy bike. If you liked the Slayer maybe see if you can find an alloy Altitude to take for a spin.