Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jackson Hole charity...

Swiss (Verbier) based and unexpectedly have the chance to get to Jackson Hole for the weekend of 9th Feb. Alas not planned so have no kit, company or local knowledge.... if anyone can help out send me a pm. Can reciprocate with Verbier accommodation/kit if of interest.

Watcha need? Man if you're coming all that way for a weekend in JH surely we can help you out...and the skiing is good!

Feel free to send me a msg with any questions. I’d also post in the JH thread.

What sizes would fit?

Thanks for the replies. Assume I can rent decent skis/boots (any shop recommendations?) and did bring a Norrona Shell but no ski pants, gloves, avi gear etc. I’m 6ft and 180lbs so medium/large. And any recommendations on where may still have space to stay? Have money but just as happy to bunk somewhere.

It would be awesome to pull this off....

A bit of Verbier stoke from last week for anyone tempted by the reciprocal offer....
    https://youtu.be/xHKN-Hebons

The gall of this thread is appalling. You're fucking begging so you can go on a ski trip...

i'd check the Hostel X for lodging, or the Motel 6 in town.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The gall of this thread is appalling. You're fucking begging so you can go on a ski trip...
    I don't see it that way at all. The guy is in the US on other business and found out he's got some unexpected time to ski. He just needs some gear to pull it off. It's not like he started a gofundme to cover costs. I've loaned maggots all sorts of gear to get some days in.

OP we can set you up with some pants, gloves, goggles etc to borrow- shoot a pm
    Then as Tye mentioned the Hostel X is the most inexpensive and right in Teton Village if there are rooms left available.
    And the Motel 6 in town was recently remodeled and is only like $75/ night in the winter- Busses go from there right to skiing so it's very convenient

We will be in Verbier in March
    skid luxury

Just go!
    Lodging is cheap in Jackson and everything can be rented.

Thanks all. Will check those accommodation options and PM on its way to b-bear

If you are looking for avy gear and pack I can lend you mine. Also have some skis laying around if you are near 335bsl. send a pm if you want

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I work in the Hostel and have a few pairs of skis around mounted for 315-317 BSL. I even have a mighty pair of Bro Models if you're man enough.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Just throw it out there...what Exactly do you need? People need to trust you as well, consider that. 5 locals could probably outfit your entire extended family. I'm a L/xl and 328 bsl size; doesn't sound like you...

Hostel is your best choice with location, price and funk.

I'll be glad to show you around the mtn. A little beta here goes a loooooong way. Pm me.

Thanks to all those that replied. Was able to sort out flights and a room at the hostel so should be good to go. And looks like a bit of fresh on Friday followed by sunshine for the weekend!

Dropped pm’s to those kindly offering to kit me out - very much appreciated! If anyone wants to hook up for a ski or beer let me know

Thanks again!

Still on the hunt for some ski pants and a pair of gloves in case anyone’s got a spare pair they can lend for the weekend? Tks Bob

sorry missed your pm earlier but I am headed out to teton village in about an hour and will drop ski pants and gloves off for you to use at the Hostel.
    Holler if there's more you need- maybe I'll bring goggles too jic
    skid luxury

B-bear ftmfw

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Dead heat with Kokomas. Massive thanks to both!

Well that was a good day!

Quite busy at the tram this morning but went out the gate at the top and 6” of dream cream with a nice dose of solitude✌️

Much quicker on the 2nd lap. A bit more sunshine and lots of people looking into Corbet’s...

When in Rome... Quite sphincter tingling on the rental slippers!

Had a blast around the inbounds and the other side of the mountain and then the sun came out so went back up the tram and back out the gates. Very busy

Last run of the day

Ideas for tomorrow? Weather looks good in the morning so could perhaps hike further afield?
    Last edited by bobinch; 02-10-2018 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Posted too early

Another cracking day on the mountain...

Jumped on the tram just after 9, out the gates and followed the boot pack up to 4 Shadows Couloir. A bit more wind affected than yesterday but still enjoyed the turns down

Across to the next hike up to No Name Face. Snow was great here
    https://youtu.be/cVGjl2DNIGA

In the pm went out of Gate 7 for the couloir down into Granite canyon

Awesome couloir. Wondering why no tracks until the exit epic traverse...

Big thanks to the Jackson Hole locals for the gear lend 🙏

Loved the mountain, the Hostel was very friendly and hoping to enjoy a couple of celebratory beers in Jackson tonight. Jackson Hole certainly lives up to the hype!

This thread warms my heart.

Well done contributing Jackson mags, super impressive. Way to come through and deliver!

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    It's not like he started a gofundme to cover costs.
    Jackson Hole Charity? Maybe he got beat up by some Peruvian farmers he bear sprayed and they trashed the nice camper he bought with his trust fund..?

Nice work stepping up JH mags. This community is great - yugi styled me out when I went to Verb, good to see others paying it forward.