US Storm Track Next Week

Can anyone help me out with what is going on for the storm track this weekend through next week?

I've read the OpenSnow reports, but things are a little all over the place (and seemingly outdated) at the moment.

They've got Utah getting 5-9" Monday (is this high confidence or low?), Tetons drying out after the weekend and things warming up from the north, but cooling down in the Northern Rockies. Um, what?

Where is this storm track supposedly headed? I thought it was coming off the coast, moving it's way eastward with a likely NE wind direction pushing snow away from CO/UT. But now they have it dropping down briefly into Utah on Monday, but then where does that moisture disappear to? Is it just breaking up and moving East so it will only hit CO lightly mid next week?

Reason is I'm flying into SLC next week (got a weekend class there Feb 10-11), but may try and hop an earlier flight this weekend if it's worth it. But I don't know whether to focus on CO, Tetons, Utah or what. Just looking for best chances at this point.

Also, on a more general note - any insight/guides/tutorials on how to use SNOTEL, NWS, etc would be much appreciated. I can follow the graphs they put in OpenSnow, but I don't know how I can generate or look at those myself. The best I use right now is https://digital.weather.gov/ but it's so slow and it seems like I can do better.

Thank ya'll!

Get a load of this guy. Asking a bunch of dentists for specific weather prognostications. He certainly defines his username.

if you pay for my lift tickets and lodging I will tell you

Here's the thing, some of the OpenSnow forecasters are super dialed, some don't even live where they forecast so you need to take it all with a grain of salt. Brian in Tahoe is worth reading even if that's not your area as he paints a pretty detailed photo of the West Coast at times. Check out MountainWeather for JH forecasts, check out the GFS forecasts for temps/moisture for 7-14 days and you'll have an ok idea of what's going on.

Full disclosure I failed out of atmospheric sciences in college...

Fasho thanks for the inputs

Don't come anywhere near fucking Colorado. It's a travesty here.

As a follow-up, I found an app called Windyty through another thread recently here. It is exactly what I was looking for wrt getting aggregated and visualized Euro and GFS model graphs / videos. It's sweet.

Who do I need to blow to get some snow here?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Don't come anywhere near fucking Colorado. It's a travesty here.

I'd suggest starting with Ullr... but not sure it'll help at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by skiclimbhike View Post
    Who do I need to blow to get some snow here?
    PM Rontele.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Great

Such a great post to know different useful information.

Thanks for the information, it's really good when you can find something really useful here