Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    According to IG story comp already going, but no stream yet?

EVENT UPDATES | TUESDAY, 2/12/19 AT 11:13AM
    The event has begun! Due to technical difficulties, we are currently experiencing extended livestream delays. Tune-in to our Instagram stories for the most up to date action.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    The event has begun! Due to technical difficulties, we are currently experiencing extended livestream delays. Tune-in to our Instagram stories for the most up to date action.
    Classic.

Knew it would be Instagram stories. Fuck that. See it on YouTube in a couple days. Later.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Classic.
    I never have high hopes for these streams. Between World Cup MTB/Enduro, Freeskiing, etc I have almost never seen a stream that wasn't at least mildly fucked.

I never have high hopes for these streams. Between World Cup MTB/Enduro, Freeskiing, etc I have almost never seen a stream that wasn't at least mildly fucked.
    Rampage has it pretty well down, as do all the slopestyles in yurp and whistler...

Bigger production budgets (probably by an order of magnitude).
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Rampage has it pretty well down, as do all the slopestyles in yurp and whistler...

Bigger production budgets (probably by an order of magnitude).
    Good point. I know next to nothing about the tech behind it, but it's gotta take a hell of alot of power/bandwidth to get a live stream in HD to work perfectly.

I'm guessing rampage, etc uses those mobile satellite uplink semi trucks aka big freaking budget?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Considering the run has been closed for a while and they've gotten pretty good snow, it seems as though there would be no real reason not to send it. Should be sick, hopefully the live stream is better than last year.
    How long has it been closed? If I planned a trip out there and they had this closed for the event I'd probably be pretty pissed off. I could really give to shits about others hucking off as opposed to being able to ski it myself. And I've skied it enough, but I still would want to drop in. Somebody should poach the thing. That would be the true JH old school AF spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    How long has it been closed? If I planned a trip out there and they had this closed for the event I'd probably be pretty pissed off. I could really give to shits about others hucking off as opposed to being able to ski it myself. And I've skied it enough, but I still would want to drop in. Somebody should poach the thing. That would be the true JH old school AF spirit.
    If I was hypothetically going to poach something at JH...it wouldn't be Corbett's.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    If I was hypothetically going to poach something at JH...it wouldn't be Corbett's.
    Well yeah, I'm talking about the event. And shit, everything used to be a poach, but it's almost all open now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Hypothetically.

Um, dude who just sent it on the sit ski. Wow. End of his torso is just a huge set of huevos. Rad.

Edit: sit ski, not mono ski. Sit ski = even more radder.
    Last edited by Whiteroom_Guardian; 02-12-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    A week or two. It was closed the whole time I was there last year (weather) and it didn't really bother me. Whatever.

You jinxed it, thanks.
    got a link ? https://www.instagram.com/p/BelGVgnFsXE/?hl=en
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

thought I found a live link.... was not.

edit: try this https://business.facebook.com/FREESK...40195020194717

Looks good from here . SEND IT !!!

What's with the sliding in to corbet's? Some serious sending going on, but not impressed with a couple of the boarders. Did they just pluck them out of an intermediate lesson and ask if they want to compete for a chance to wear a tiara?

Um, dude who just sent it on the mono-ski. Wow. End of his torso is just a huge set of huevos. Rad.
    High Fives posted on fb that his name is Trevor Kennison.

Wowza.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    What's with the sliding in to corbet's? Some serious sending going on, but not impressed with a couple of the boarders. Did they just pluck them out of an intermediate lesson and ask if they want to compete for a chance to wear a tiara?
    Do you watch the FWT?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

The dude sending it on the sit ski was so rad!

Dude bounced right off his huge balls to break the landing, pro move

Agreed- my vote for best run goes to that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    High Fives posted on fb that his name is Trevor Kennison.

Wowza.
    balls out ! go Trevor ! https://www.facebook.com/colombianwh...ntions&__xts__[0]=68.ARAQkH61nqFrQ2GCpp0JLgFW66aidXyCIkOKxnpFXfzr7W 2PJMkyw8_93OWqd-6ug-x1fCUMTJ9WJxuEUKHEf4iXyN-z3fSt51sH-0XXhLIIv82TEL8o3H7KgA6tR6MP1a9J60YoNEci5JmK5G5IBs6 ebnyU-RmVxFnOW2LrJDyX7e529pQ3kuPTdHdjX1YTh2QbZgBUbaxfWg7 0y5S31LMi6I-2u9ouE_Zku8HAcIzA9qFNlLjUa8GeHnrFixlfO6fmU83pi9BoL AqS8dJrWYYcnb1Zc-ckDEpdy2KpgwYpkyyWI7QyXx1RPZjJlremthAadH80mutfdWdj y9GhXtjficADe8bHCsSOX9wulvHxQumlyWYvC6sOy7c6jzgJyP TC5SkwLMGJCQKADSC76Fy3JB-mb_600ho2cBAY_AH5ewD5LRQCz17BcQ09Vhs82mVvt2Q4aCb7U UcLtW0R3vcoQXh2YH2QolH3OWRxr6zotGZ-CvkE1ZArNGqAr9GOSdN9Of_L-yr2U2h1xzOTDqw61Dw6-9zk8fg

Quote Originally Posted by COBRI View Post
    Agreed- my vote for best run goes to that guy.
    https://www.facebook.com/willy.whit/...t=feed_comment

Corbets was closed for most of the season before the comp.

It was open to the general public a few times in the past two weeks, when it really became skiable for the first time this year. But even then, anyone with any sense stayed away, the rock in the bomb hole was massive and not easy to get around. Late last week it was open for a few days, but closed for weather. Saturday it was closed for the comp, but if you were here, it wouldn’t of been open anyways because of weather. Today was the first day in a week the weather was clear enough for patrol to open it for the public.

You can complain and say you’ll poach it, or say you want to ski it, but you would of backed away, if you had any sense. Even the locals who are diehard corbets skiers have stayed away due to lack of snow.

BUT, the good news is, because of the comp, JH Park and Pipe has been doing a ton of work and the rock on the bomb hole is well covered. So when it opens, it should be game on for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums