Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ^right on

That comp put the "anti" in anti-climatic. Awful.

So who won? Did anyone stick anything off the top? Didn't seem like it from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    So who won? Did anyone stick anything off the top? Didn't seem like it from what I saw.
    Athletes meet up later in the week to self judge it, but check the JHMR/Tetons 2019 for my prediction

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I think the livestream starts at 11:15am mountain time.
    husbands doing the announcing.
    That’s super cool but thought he might be sending it instead of announcing the event! Good man ur husband and great skier... will I see you two in Utah for BBI?
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    High Fives posted on fb that his name is Trevor Kennison.

Wowza.
    No way that guy shouldn't be the winner. FKNA awesome.

Sounds like the livestreaming company they hired out of SLC really whiffed it with the broadcast yesterday. they might get a negative yelp review

They are doing the judging this week. it's judged by the skiers/ riders themselves and is not skier or snowboard specific for the win. and then announcement and awards party on sat night
    There was some good airs from the top, but I think they were more concentrated in the 1st round, which weren't streamed
    I was embarrassed for the couple of boarders that had to jumpscoot to get over the edge into the couloir though...even though I know they are badass it's just so cringe-y to watch

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    That’s super cool but thought he might be sending it instead of announcing the event! Good man ur husband and great skier... will I see you two in Utah for BBI?
    I thought it was a relief that he wanted to announce vs ski in it too. but then yesterday he said, "I think I may compete next year" lol
    Yes you will see us in Utah- woohoo!
    I'm currently packing for BBI Alpental but I think it's a slim chance my plane gets out of here tmrw bc we are in the midst of ANOTHER winter storm currently.
    At least as a consolation I can ski powder here
    skid luxury

Nothing new to see here, but pretty sweet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtzfcNgA...on_share_sheet

I agree the comp was a little bit of a let down, compared to last year at least. Still cool idea none the less. And definitley some people stomped their runs. Curious to see who wins. Not sure if Rice put that second hit to his feet, or just another one of his cat-like-landings, or if he washed out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post

I agree the comp was a little bit of a let down, compared to last year at least. Still cool idea none the less. And definitley some people stomped their runs. Curious to see who wins. Not sure if Rice put that second hit to his feet, or just another one of his cat-like-landings, or if he washed out a bit.
    Yeah, well, that was great. Did not see that on the live feed. The boarders I saw otherwise were not terribly impreesive but then again, nor were the skiers. Last year's comp was super exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post

TRices helmet cam footage makes it look like one of those famous cat like landings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Yeah, well, that was great. Did not see that on the live feed. The boarders I saw otherwise were not terribly impressive but then again, nor were the skiers. Last year's comp was super exciting.
    that was sort of andrew's thought too- he could do something more creative than many did yesterday. and hey I never mind a few extra grand coming out of his hobbies

I like the competitions differentiation, format etc so I hope they do it again next yr even though this yr - yea I agree- was a bit lower than expectations
    skid luxury

I'd guess there were some excuses being thrown around for flat light, bomb holes, flat landing, etc. But it was supposed to be a huckster's fest. Put in your mouth guard and suck your meat dammit! I didn't pay good money to watch... oh wait. I didn't pay good money.

Hey, I thought it was fun, and T Rice definitely represented the boarders pretty well.

Skiers are able to take a flat landing much better than snowboarders for the record.

I'd guess there were some excuses being thrown around for flat light, bomb holes, flat landing, etc. But it was supposed to be a huckster's fest. Put in your mouth guard and suck your meat dammit! I didn't pay good money to watch... oh wait. I didn't pay good money.
    Pretty much. If you went to Breck or Keystone on a random Saturday afternoon, found the best 15 year olds in the park and told them you were gonna make a youtube of them hucking into Corbets, you would have gotten a better show.

Except Travis Rice. Just when skiing has almost caught up...I see some T Rice, Terje, either de la Rue look at my snowboard in the garage and think I'm doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Um, dude who just sent it on the sit ski. Wow. End of his torso is just a huge set of huevos. Rad.

Edit: sit ski, not mono ski. Sit ski = even more radder.
    IDK, it’s not that impressive. I mean it’s not like he has to worry about getting paralyzed like everyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Except Travis Rice. Just when skiing has almost caught up...I see some T Rice, Terje, either de la Rue look at my snowboard in the garage and think I'm doing it wrong.
    Many years ago I met and rode with Travis when he was just fucking around in NZ with Iguchi. He was off the charts then, and no one had really heard of him. Now and he's still going bigger and badder than the kids half his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Pretty much. If you went to Breck or Keystone on a random Saturday afternoon, found the best 15 year olds in the park and told them you were gonna make a youtube of them hucking into Corbets, you would have gotten a better show.

Yes. Travis is a fabulous rider of the snow. No boundaries between two plankers and one plankers when this guy is involved. I just wish that there were other boarders who could have provided his same (relative) level of stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Yes. Travis is a fabulous rider of the snow. No boundaries between two plankers and one plankers when this guy is involved. I just wish that there were other boarders who could have provided his same (relative) level of stoke.
    The only skier close to TRice was Crazy Karl. That dude threw down huge and represented skiers when it looked like a snowboarding show, at least for the guys.

The light wasn’t great in Corbets, but it never is, and the snow was slightly upside down, but some of the guys and two of the girls sent it. The rest didn’t and it was semi-depressing to watch. Any time a girl snowboarder went, we didn’t really pay attention. Same a bunch of the guys.

It was super rad to watch, I’d love to see Mr BBear next year go at it. Same with a few of the local pros, one of which I’m going to shame for not being here.

Corbet's Kings and Queens Jackson Hole 2018

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Put in your mouth guard and suck your meat dammit!
    Hmm... did you watch the right live feed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Hmm... did you watch the right live feed?
    Damnit I hate autocorrect.

I disagree that it's not impressive...but do agree that it's over as a comp. There's only so many dudes (and ladies) you can see do flippy-spinny before I tune out.

And: Parkin Costain is the winner...as voted on: by me.
    Last edited by smartyiak; 02-14-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Costain flippy insanity was the best of what I saw

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I disagree that it's not impressive...but do agree that it's over as a comp. There's only so many dudes (and ladies) you can see do flippy-spinny before I tune out. And: Parkin Costain is the winner...as voted on: by me.
    He did do some huge flips, but he crashed so he won’t win.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Costain flippy insanity was the best of what I saw
    He oozed fuck-it-all charisma which these comps and competitors sorta love. I think he's got the W in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    IDK, it’s not that impressive. I mean it’s not like he has to worry about getting paralyzed like everyone else does.
    lol damn

Yeah, I thought the Live Stream was weird.

You could hear some guys chatting about some strange touristy stuff in the background of the feed.

Also, there should have been a judges cam! Only saw Biff Huck Neck once.

They shoulda thrown a live cam hooked to BNC cable in the cave to capture the landings close up!