Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hey, its his pictures and choice. All digital pictures need SOME sharpening. I agree that his processing is a bit beyond what I like, but it is his creation. I’ve seen in-camera jpeg engines use sharper settings with obvious halos by default much stronger than that.

Canon M5 Mirrorless.... A Mini Review

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I’ve seen in-camera jpeg engines use sharper settings with obvious halos by default much stronger than that.
    Hmmmm... Where are you seeing any halos in the pictures above? I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

And I’m quite sure you guys aren’t talking about over-sharpening, for whatever you’re referring to... I have my preset at ~70 in Lightroom, which is quite low compared to what I’ve seen from some pros like Burkard. It’s all good.
    Last edited by smmokan; 06-16-2018 at 11:10 AM.

If you would like to a large sampling of photos from a particular camera check out pbase.com
    It lets http://www.pbase.com/cameras/canon/eos_m5

Ok, so if I wanted to convert to mirrorless, having an 80D setup, I can go slowly right? I could sell the body and get an M50 + adapter for about the same price and use my EF-S lenses until I sell / swap them around, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Hmmmm... Where are you seeing any halos in the pictures above? I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

And I’m quite sure you guys aren’t talking about over-sharpening, for whatever you’re referring to... I have my preset at ~70 in Lightroom, which is quite low compared to what I’ve seen from some pros like Burkard. It’s all good.
    Don’t misunderstand me, I don’t have any problems with the way you post-process. And I get a little miffed at people who think it is their right to police how others post-process.

That said, if you look back at some of the earlier pictures you posted in this thread there are some slight halos along the edge of tree trunks, etc. look closely at the walls on that shot looking out of the tunnel.

Gotcha... I looked at that pic, and it actually appears to be more chromatic aberration vs a sharpening halo. I was actually surprised at how well that picture came out given the dynamic range between the bright background and the arch, so I'll take it. Especially for the 18-150 "do it all" lens.

Post a pic of the camera and the lenses, brah. Please.

Yeah, there is CA, too. Lightroom is able to clean up most CA, although you may have to tweak the controls if it doesn’t autofix it by clicking the box.

The absolute best I’ve found for fixing CA is DxO, provided they have a module for your camera/lens combo. That might not be the case for an adapted lens, unfortunately.

Another example where I saw a halo without CA was the side of that large rock against the sky. Most people probably wouldn’t notice it. It’s a curse that once you train yourself to see them you see them all the time.

Again, not criticizing, just pointing it out. I do like the pictures you are taking with this camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Post a pic of the camera and the lenses, brah. Please.
    Sure thing, here you go. Lenses from R to L: Canon EF-M 18-150, Canon EF-S 55-250, Sigma 17-70, and EF-M 11-22 with the adapter in front.

Name:  IMG_2001.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  103.8 KB