Mammut Cylinder Rental in BC

This is a total shot in the dark but does anyone have any information on where I could rent a cylinder for my Mammut airbag in British Columbia? Ideally something around Vancouver, Kelowna, or somewhere in between.

Mammut has a list published but its pretty sparse and outdated: https://us.mammut.com/service/avalan...fill-stations/

Dec 2017 doesn't seem that out of date? But it appears you're SOL from looking at that.
    You can't bring a cartridge? You can fly with an empty cartridge from the US or a full cartridge from Yurp.

I didn't notice that date on the document, you're right it's not out of date. I think I had it mixed up with BCA's list which had a few places listed which are no longer operating. Regardless, those Mammut rental locations are too far out of my way to make it worthwhile.

I could fly with the empty cylinder but I don't think I have time to get it refilled when I arrive. It takes a minimum of a few hours right? Or more likely a day? Our schedule is pretty tight. Anyway thanks for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by V-rex View Post
    I didn't notice that date on the document, you're right it's not out of date. I think I had it mixed up with BCA's list which had a few places listed which are no longer operating. Regardless, those Mammut rental locations are too far out of my way to make it worthwhile.

I could fly with the empty cylinder but I don't think I have time to get it refilled when I arrive. It takes a minimum of a few hours right? Or more likely a day? Our schedule is pretty tight. Anyway thanks for your response.
    No, it takes like 10 minutes to fill a cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    No, it takes like 10 minutes to fill a cylinder.
    Oh well that changes things. I just talked to a guy at a paintball shop along my route and he said it takes "oh anywhere between eighteen and twenty seven....seconds."

Looks like flying empty and refilling is a viable option. Thanks adrenalated.

Hah, yeah, it's not a big deal.

-I recommend replacing the burst disk in advance. Paintball shops and dive shops won't have the replacement disks.
    -TSA requires that the valve assembly be completely removed from the cylinder. Youll need some tools to do this. Mammut recommends a strap wrench and a crescent wrench, which works well.
    http://www.mammutavalanchesafety.com/p/airbag-info.html
    -when filling the cylinder, have them fill it as slowly as possible to minimize heat buildup. If the cylinder gets too warm, the pressure will drop when it cools and then it'll need to be topped off. Scuba shops seem to be a little more savvy on this than paintball shops IME. You can dunk the cylinder in water to cool it off, then top it back off.

I don’t see any refill/rental places in AK. Anyone here know of something in Anchorage or preferably Girdwood? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just saw this thread. Sorry so slow:

"Hey all! With the first snow on the ground and the weather getting colder, we wanted to remind Anchorage and surrounding areas that we fill and service avalanche cylinders for avalanche float bags. We can work on most brands, including BCA, Mammut, Snowpulse, and Wary (the only major exclusion being ABS cylinders). If the cylinder has been deployed, then a service and fill is $20. […]"

http://divealaska.net/tag/mammut/

7100 Old Seward Highway

^^^Sweet, thanks!

No idea when your trip is, but I have a couple here in Kelowna. Happy to lend one if needed