Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Any idea how to try on a pair without purchasing? No shop is carrying my clydesdale 30.5 and they want me to purchase them before ordering from Tecnica. would Tecnica USA (an hour away in West Leb) let me try on a pair before I buy? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Any idea how to try on a pair without purchasing? No shop is carrying my clydesdale 30.5 and they want me to purchase them before ordering from Tecnica. would Tecnica USA (an hour away in West Leb) let me try on a pair before I buy? Thanks.
    I feel your pain. I've found some shops will order in your size without the obligation to buy.
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    I feel your pain. I've found some shops will order in your size without the obligation to buy.
    Which ones? I’m meeting a uniformly you’re-on-your-own front.

Try on Cochise, both fit my foot very well so they must be pretty similar. (Just for reference, Salomon Mtn is one of the worst-fitting boots for my foot, there's no way I could ski it, huge play on inside of ankles.)

Which ones? I’m meeting a uniformly you’re-on-your-own front.
    Most recently, Skookum in Revelstoke.
    Drive slow, homie.

Buy on Amazon and return. It's bullet proof.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tecnica ZeroG Tour Pro - 2018- 9 boot

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post

Can we get some measured weights from different sizes in the Tour Pro and XTD in non- munchkin feet sizes aka 28.5? 29.5?

Size 9 is industry standard for the footwear business. Just because you have flippers doesn't make size 9 munchkin feet
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

It's a great tip, but:

We found 0 results for "tecnica zero g tour pro 30.5"

Use fewer keywords or try these instead

Clydesdale/Circus Freak Update:
    There's one 30.5 (that I can find online) in CO. Before I go that route and purchase without trying on, I've talked Tecnica USA into shipping to my local with return privileges provided I pay the shipping. Ordering today in time (I hope) for Friday delivery.

Tecnica ZeroG Tour Pro - 2018- 9 boot

It's a great tip, but:

We found 0 results for "tecnica zero g tour pro 30.5"

Use fewer keywords or try these instead
    Apparently not bulletproof lol

I think Backcountry.com would ship free and return free. Never bought boots from them but have sent back plenty of gear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    I think Backcountry.com would ship free and return free. Never bought boots from them but have sent back plenty of gear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Definitely they do
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Apparently not bulletproof lol
    It is a great idea, though.

As is the Backcountry.com idea. Alas, they won't have my size in until after the new year.

It is a great idea, though.

As is the Backcountry.com idea. Alas, they won't have my size in until after the new year.
    I've used the Amazon route for many things. Prime often has stuff arrive before I'd get to the store.

Re the boot...I tried my size at a shop yesterday and was not impressed. On the personal side, tons of pressure on the top of my foot. On the impersonal, I thought the loop buckles were poorly executed/finicky and the power strap has one of those trendy hook loops I hate that would be difficult to do / undo in the snow without taking off gloves. I thought the XTD was better executed

Well...you already have a way to fix the strap issue. Bummer it doesn’t fit. I was looking forward to your mods.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I've used the Amazon route for many things. Prime often has stuff arrive before I'd get to the store.

Re the boot...I tried my size at a shop yesterday and was not impressed. On the personal side, tons of pressure on the top of my foot. On the impersonal, I thought the loop buckles were poorly executed/finicky and the power strap has one of those trendy hook loops I hate that would be difficult to do / undo in the snow without taking off gloves. I thought the XTD was better executed

Why would you be taking off the powerstrap on snow? Agreed it is finicky with gloves

How big is your foot?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Why would you be taking off the powerstrap on snow? Agreed it is finicky with gloves
    Knowing me id figure out a reason.

I wear a 28.5. Re the features... Pretty average foot.

I’m trying to decide between this and the xtd. Unfortunately neither is available locally to try on... Wondering if the xtd skis substantially better for the minimal weight penalty? Anyone skied both?

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    I’m trying to decide between this and the xtd. Unfortunately neither is available locally to try on... Wondering if the xtd skis substantially better for the minimal weight penalty? Anyone skied both?
    I do not think XTD is substantially better. I think the differences are minor and you should go by fit. Here was my inside comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Side by side Tour Pro and 130 XTD:

*The boots are EXTREMELY similar.
    *Technica was tad stiffer (like 5 flex points) in forward flex with room temp carpet flexing.
    *Atomic had a slightly lower instep and maybe lower volume in the ankle.
    *Technica has a smoother long stride whereas the Atomic wants to pull the shell apart over the forefoot in a long forward stride. For normal strides they are indistinguishable inside with great ROM, comparable to Vulcans.
    *Atomic booster strap is wider while the Technica is much easier to cinch as desired/tighter.

I ended up with the Tour Pro and the wife ended up with the 130 XTD
    I skied the XTD last year at the trade show. I'll ski my Tour Pros on Friday.

^^^ That’s perfect! Thank you.

Based on tecnicas listed specs the weight is 1320 vs 1360 for the scout. I’m wondering if I could save some money and get the scout... Maybe the 40 grams and a stiffer boot is worth the price difference? I ski a Mach 1 130 in bounds, but don’t need the most rowdy boot for backcountry. Is the flex difference between the 120 and 130 really that much? Any one else opting for the scout?

The last generation ZeroG boots were the same stiffness, just different color, buckles, and liner. Seems to be bigger shell material differences in this new line, but we'll see.

Scout has a PU cuff versus a carbon/grillamid cuff on the Tour Pro