Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 569
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    698
    Any idea how to try on a pair without purchasing? No shop is carrying my clydesdale 30.5 and they want me to purchase them before ordering from Tecnica. would Tecnica USA (an hour away in West Leb) let me try on a pair before I buy? Thanks.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    6,312
    Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Any idea how to try on a pair without purchasing? No shop is carrying my clydesdale 30.5 and they want me to purchase them before ordering from Tecnica. would Tecnica USA (an hour away in West Leb) let me try on a pair before I buy? Thanks.
    I feel your pain. I've found some shops will order in your size without the obligation to buy.
    Drive slow, homie.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    I feel your pain. I've found some shops will order in your size without the obligation to buy.
    Which ones? Iím meeting a uniformly youíre-on-your-own front.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,112
    Try on Cochise, both fit my foot very well so they must be pretty similar. (Just for reference, Salomon Mtn is one of the worst-fitting boots for my foot, there's no way I could ski it, huge play on inside of ankles.)

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    6,312
    Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Which ones? I’m meeting a uniformly you’re-on-your-own front.
    Most recently, Skookum in Revelstoke.
    Drive slow, homie.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Any idea how to try on a pair without purchasing? No shop is carrying my clydesdale 30.5 and they want me to purchase them before ordering from Tecnica. would Tecnica USA (an hour away in West Leb) let me try on a pair before I buy? Thanks.
    Buy on Amazon and return. It's bullet proof.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Buy used - mount your own skis - build a quiver

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,221

    Tecnica ZeroG Tour Pro - 2018- 9 boot

    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Buy on Amazon and return. It's bullet proof.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Can we get some measured weights from different sizes in the Tour Pro and XTD in non- munchkin feet sizes aka 28.5? 29.5?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Buy used - mount your own skis - build a quiver

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    746
    Size 9 is industry standard for the footwear business. Just because you have flippers doesn't make size 9 munchkin feet
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Buy on Amazon and return. It's bullet proof.
    It's a great tip, but:

    We found 0 results for "tecnica zero g tour pro 30.5"

    Use fewer keywords or try these instead

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    698
    Clydesdale/Circus Freak Update:
    There's one 30.5 (that I can find online) in CO. Before I go that route and purchase without trying on, I've talked Tecnica USA into shipping to my local with return privileges provided I pay the shipping. Ordering today in time (I hope) for Friday delivery.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,221

    Tecnica ZeroG Tour Pro - 2018- 9 boot

    Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    It's a great tip, but:

    We found 0 results for "tecnica zero g tour pro 30.5"

    Use fewer keywords or try these instead
    Apparently not bulletproof lol


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Buy used - mount your own skis - build a quiver

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Any idea how to try on a pair without purchasing? No shop is carrying my clydesdale 30.5 and they want me to purchase them before ordering from Tecnica. would Tecnica USA (an hour away in West Leb) let me try on a pair before I buy? Thanks.
    I think Backcountry.com would ship free and return free. Never bought boots from them but have sent back plenty of gear.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    17,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    I think Backcountry.com would ship free and return free. Never bought boots from them but have sent back plenty of gear.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Definitely they do
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Apparently not bulletproof lol
    It is a great idea, though.

    As is the Backcountry.com idea. Alas, they won't have my size in until after the new year.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    It is a great idea, though.

    As is the Backcountry.com idea. Alas, they won't have my size in until after the new year.
    I've used the Amazon route for many things. Prime often has stuff arrive before I'd get to the store.

    Re the boot...I tried my size at a shop yesterday and was not impressed. On the personal side, tons of pressure on the top of my foot. On the impersonal, I thought the loop buckles were poorly executed/finicky and the power strap has one of those trendy hook loops I hate that would be difficult to do / undo in the snow without taking off gloves. I thought the XTD was better executed


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Buy used - mount your own skis - build a quiver

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Chicken Coop, Seattle
    Posts
    2,519
    Well...you already have a way to fix the strap issue. Bummer it doesnít fit. I was looking forward to your mods.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    11,273
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I've used the Amazon route for many things. Prime often has stuff arrive before I'd get to the store.

    Re the boot...I tried my size at a shop yesterday and was not impressed. On the personal side, tons of pressure on the top of my foot. On the impersonal, I thought the loop buckles were poorly executed/finicky and the power strap has one of those trendy hook loops I hate that would be difficult to do / undo in the snow without taking off gloves. I thought the XTD was better executed


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Why would you be taking off the powerstrap on snow? Agreed it is finicky with gloves

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I've used the Amazon route for many things. Prime often has stuff arrive before I'd get to the store.

    Re the boot...I tried my size at a shop yesterday and was not impressed. On the personal side, tons of pressure on the top of my foot. On the impersonal, I thought the loop buckles were poorly executed/finicky and the power strap has one of those trendy hook loops I hate that would be difficult to do / undo in the snow without taking off gloves. I thought the XTD was better executed
    How big is your foot?

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Why would you be taking off the powerstrap on snow? Agreed it is finicky with gloves
    Knowing me id figure out a reason.

    I wear a 28.5. Re the features... Pretty average foot.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Buy used - mount your own skis - build a quiver

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    403
    I’m trying to decide between this and the xtd. Unfortunately neither is available locally to try on... Wondering if the xtd skis substantially better for the minimal weight penalty? Anyone skied both?

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    17,627
    Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    I’m trying to decide between this and the xtd. Unfortunately neither is available locally to try on... Wondering if the xtd skis substantially better for the minimal weight penalty? Anyone skied both?
    I do not think XTD is substantially better. I think the differences are minor and you should go by fit. Here was my inside comparison.

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Side by side Tour Pro and 130 XTD:

    *The boots are EXTREMELY similar.
    *Technica was tad stiffer (like 5 flex points) in forward flex with room temp carpet flexing.
    *Atomic had a slightly lower instep and maybe lower volume in the ankle.
    *Technica has a smoother long stride whereas the Atomic wants to pull the shell apart over the forefoot in a long forward stride. For normal strides they are indistinguishable inside with great ROM, comparable to Vulcans.
    *Atomic booster strap is wider while the Technica is much easier to cinch as desired/tighter.

    I ended up with the Tour Pro and the wife ended up with the 130 XTD
    I skied the XTD last year at the trade show. I'll ski my Tour Pros on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    403
    ^^^ That’s perfect! Thank you.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    403
    Based on tecnicas listed specs the weight is 1320 vs 1360 for the scout. I’m wondering if I could save some money and get the scout... Maybe the 40 grams and a stiffer boot is worth the price difference? I ski a Mach 1 130 in bounds, but don’t need the most rowdy boot for backcountry. Is the flex difference between the 120 and 130 really that much? Any one else opting for the scout?

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,112
    The last generation ZeroG boots were the same stiffness, just different color, buckles, and liner. Seems to be bigger shell material differences in this new line, but we'll see.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    17,627
    Scout has a PU cuff versus a carbon/grillamid cuff on the Tour Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •