Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Just to be sure, are you talking about the older Cochise or the all black 120 Cochise from the last two years (16/17-17/18)?
    The older Cochise. Yellow from this review - pic links are dead https://www.tetongravity.com/story/s...g-boot-2014-15

Is that black part thats visible on the toebox part of the overlap for the lower half of the shell? Or is it a neoprene cover like the Solly Ghost had?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Bummer about the instep- that’s one of the consistent features that has kept me in Tecnica’s the past several seasons...
    X2, a low instep would be a huge disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Is that black part thats visible on the toebox part of the overlap for the lower half of the shell? Or is it a neoprene cover like the Solly Ghost had?
    Just part of the overlap. No neoprene cover

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    X2, a low instep would be a huge disappointment.
    ok now you guys got me guessing. I measured ghetto style using tape from bootboard to where the ankle would hit the shell.

ZeroG 12.5mm - but is has removeable and configurable bootboard. And no I don't know how much that weighs yet. Take away the bootboard and replace with something thinner (like fiberboard or a rubber strip) and it goes to 11mm

Vulcan (for comparison) 11mm. No removeable bootboard just a rubber strip. Vulcan is considered to be mid- high volume instep iirc.

Will be interested to see an on-snow side-by-side of the Hawx XTD vs ZGTP with Intuitions in both to cut out that variable.

Instep isn't low. I don't think Tecnica is capable of making a boot with a low instep. That being said instep height has been coming down in the Cochise boots since the first rather cavernous rendition. I would say in feeling it's probably closer to the present Cochise.

Liner is made by Tecnica, no more Palau. As a result the liner fits waaaaay better out of the box than past liners from Palau. When we make the liner it just integrates into the shell design much better and has a lot of preformed shape built into it. It is definitely thin but that's because the shell is pretty darn low volume although I think Lee would attest to this it's much more comfortable than you'd think it would be by looking at it. I know I've had multiple people say that they were very surprised when they put it on, they expected a pain cave and it wasn't.

26.5s are probably the only size that will see NA this spring, and I think we got less than 40 pairs. Most sizes won't be available until early fall most likely.

The low weights of 4 buckle touring/crossover boots these days in insane. How much heavier are these than the original TLT5s? 110g per boot?

Quote Originally Posted by couchsending View Post
    26.5s are probably the only size that will see NA this spring, and I think we got less than 40 pairs. Most sizes won't be available until early fall most likely.
    I'm a 26.5 if you guys need a non-pro beater to test them out! lol... ;-)

Glad to hear the fit is similar to the current Cochise - this last version I was able to wear straight out of the box without any fitter modifications whatsoever, which was a first for me. Ever.

Yep, love the 2017+ Cochise / ZeroG fit, no mods.

Pics of comparables

Ghetto held the measure at what I thought were the outer cuff where the instep would be. It doesn't account for foot position, liner, bootboard, how I hold my hand, how cockeyed the pictures are etc etc. The information is presented STAT so here it is fwiw.

Threw in a pic of Tom at Intuition holding the new Powerwrap Tour which I'll stick in the boot

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Pics of comparables

Ghetto held the measure at what I thought were the outer cuff where the instep would be. It doesn't account for foot position, liner, bootboard, how I hold my hand, how cockeyed the pictures are etc etc. The information is presented STAT so here it is fwiw.
    Not sure what you are trying to quantify here, Lee. A bootboard to top of shell where the intermediate cuneiform is likely to touch makes some sense, but front to back outer dimensions of the cuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Not sure what you are trying to quantify here, Lee. A bootboard to top of shell where the intermediate cuneiform is likely to touch makes some sense, but front to back outer dimensions of the cuffs?
    TBH I'm not sure either. What should be measured is from bootboard to inner cuff imo but there's an inexhaustible supply of questions here that should best be solved by trying boots in-store with the guidance of a bootfitter. But people shop online or can't get to a fitter etc etc. Hence the guesswork pics

So to feed that demand i grabbed some boots and threw up the pics so people could take their own guesses.

More importantly do tell about the Powerwrap Tour. When will this be available (didn’t see it on Intuitions website)? Comparisons to Pro Tour?

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    More importantly do tell about the Powerwrap Tour. When will this be available (didn’t see it on Intuitions website)? Comparisons to Pro Tour?
    They’re on the site, just hidden on page 2

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    They’re on the site, just hidden on page 2
    Ahh thanks. Missed that. Still curious how they compare to the Pro Tour in ski/tour performance.

^^^ That. I didn't know they existed until now either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Those look delicious. Are they med or high density foam? They didn’t specify on Intuition’s site.

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Those look delicious. Are they med or high density foam? They didn’t specify on Intuition’s site.
    It's the same foam as used in Intutions other liners. Not messing with success

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    I gave these a try as my Lupo Carbon Ti's, which come with an Intuition Tongue liner, like a Pro Tour, didn't fit me like my Lupo SP's with the wrap liner. I figured it would be a touring version of the wrap in my Lupo's, but it is not just a power wrap with a touring wedge in the back. It fits with lower volume as was not the answer to my fitting woes, but it is a very interesting liner non the less. I ended up getting a Pro Tour, which is a much better fit than the stock.

Skis as well as Atomic HawX 130.

Tours as well as that boot. Ie good stride becoming really good with buckles loosened.

Good feel for skiing ie not abrupt...Smooth feel.

Punched both sides just behind and at 6th toe asking for 5mm and is now nicely comfy for touring. This with stock uncooked liner..

Skied some pow then chopped up snow inbounds

How does it compare to other books of the same caliber i.e. MTN Lab, Lupo TI, etc. ?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    How does it compare to other books of the same caliber i.e. MTN Lab, Lupo TI, etc. ?
    If only there was a thread which compared boot flex

Tecnica ZeroG Tour Pro - 2018- 9 boot

^^talk about on it lol
    Also lupo c ti/factory(not listed)is stiffer than ax130c, maybe 5? My lupo c ti is Definitely stiffer than my Vulcan . Buddy I ski with and I both had lupo sp’s.i went c ti and he went ax130c. In kitchen flex tests and skiing my c ti is atleast as stiff as sp and ax130c flexes more(softer not soft by any stretch though). I sold my sp’s and my buddy is selling his. Both the lupo c ti and ax130c ski as alpine boots(flex and stiffness)

It's the same foam as used in Intutions other liners. Not messing with success
    Intuition uses different density foams for different models: e.g. Pro Tours (tongue) use “regular” density, while say the Power Wraps use high density. I’d love to have a tour-friendly high-density wrap liner. http://intuitionliners.com/about-us/our-foam/
    Lower on this page shows different foam densities for different liners. Tour Wrap not listed yet: http://intuitionliners.com/choosing-a-liner-model/

Skis as well as Atomic HawX 130.

Tours as well as that boot. Ie good stride becoming really good with buckles loosened.

Good feel for skiing ie not abrupt...Smooth feel
    Awesome, seems like it’d just come down to fit, then! Thanks for posting your on-snow thoughts.