Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Never liked the tour pro myself. Fiddly tongue and I don’t need/use laces. I do have some race fx in mine right now. Which with the dual density foam tour great with no heel blisters. Trying tour wrap soon.
    Thanks for the tip. Looks great for thinner calves. I'm confused about the laces, as the Race FX looks to have the same system as the Tour Pros.
    Please report back on the Tour Wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by dougfresh View Post
    it seems to have some noticeable flaws (one being the removable boot board, that moves around while walking)
    LOL wut. That's one of the better things since it allows you to actually tune the volume and it's somewhat insulating against cold seeping up from the ground. If a tiny tiny bit of sound and movement bothers you hotglue/ superglue it down.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Looks great for thinner calves. I'm confused about the laces, as the Race FX looks to have the same system as the Tour Pros.
    Please report back on the Tour Wraps.
    Oh maybe they do. I forget. If they do I don’t use them. I wouldn’t say my calves are thin. I did stick a spoiler on the back of the liner for some extra forward lean.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    LOL wut. That's one of the better things since it allows you to actually tune the volume and it's somewhat insulating against cold seeping up from the ground. If a tiny tiny bit of sound and movement bothers you hotglue/ superglue it down.
    +1 on this, the boots would have never worked for me without aggressive thinning of the bootboard. I went too hard on the L foot (slightly bigger) and weakened the bootboard enough that it snapped in the middle. For now it's glued + taped back in one piece and as soon as it's fully dialed I'm gluing it to the bottom of the boot and forgetting about it.

Also, no snow in the boots this weekend after a 9.5 hours tour with lots of trailbreaking. Back in the Wasatch where temperatures are more reasonable + new pants seem to have done the trick.

^^^ this (about removable boot boards) ^^^

I also don't get the liner movement thing when not using laces. I suspect these may be people who loosen ALL of their buckles when going uphill.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

For the record, I agree the removable boot board is nice for being able to fine tune to individual feet, but it's annoying that it moves around out of the box while walking. Also, hot glue does not work to hold the boot board down by itself... plastic is too slippery and needs to be roughed up (recommend using something stronger than hotglue / superglue).

To those who replaced the liner, especially with an intuition, did you have a rubbing wear mark on the back of the liner. Where the upper part of the walk mode meets the cuff? It looked like something that might be a problem if I left it for the season, so I added some tape....haven't been out since so I'm not sure if it will hold.

You can see on the stock liner Technica used some slippery tough fabric so you won't wear a hole in the back of the liner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0283.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	656.5 KB 
ID:	312642

Thanks for the tip. Was just switching to intuition tonight.

Also, hot glue does not work to hold the boot board down by itself... plastic is too slippery and needs to be roughed up (recommend using something stronger than hotglue / superglue).
    What about 2 layers of double sided carpet tape heated a bit before setting the bootboard down with some pressure?

The stuff worked for durably attaching plastic cutting board ski binding mount plates to ski top sheets without any scuffing of either surface...incredible bonding power.

So did gorilla glue on another pair of skis, fwiw.
    Master of mediocrity.

Just wanted to caution anyone from buying the Intuition Tour Wraps if you're tall and like the feel of a taller liner because you lose 2 inches from the back of the liner when compared to the ZeroG stock liner. In other words, the Intuition Tour Wraps only go as high as the plastic/carbon cuff on the back of the ZeroG Tour Pro boots. I believe you also lose height in the front of the boot as well which pretty much makes a power strap useless, since there is not much for it to tighten around. FYI, I bought a size 28 Intuition Tour Wrap for a 28 sized Tecnica ZeroG boot. It's skiable, but you lose a bit of control with the Tour Wraps in the ZeroG's.

I just put the Tecnica stock liner back in my ZeroG boots and will ski those in the next day or so... The stock liner feels better than both the Tour Wrap and my older Intuition Pro Tour liner (size 29) that had in my 28 Dynafit Mercury boot. I'm hoping the stock liner will fix the cold air issues that I had been experiencing with the Intution liners, which don't quite seem to be a great fit in the ZeroG boots.

Just wanted to caution anyone from buying the Intuition Tour Wraps if you're tall and like the feel of a taller liner because you lose 2 inches from the back of the liner when compared to the ZeroG stock liner. In other words, the Intuition Tour Wraps only go as high as the plastic/carbon cuff on the back of the ZeroG Tour Pro boots. I believe you also lose height in the front of the boot as well which pretty much makes a power strap useless, since there is not much for it to tighten around. FYI, I bought a size 28 Intuition Tour Wrap for a 28 sized Tecnica ZeroG boot. It's skiable, but you lose a bit of control with the Tour Wraps in the ZeroG's.

I just put the Tecnica stock liner back in my ZeroG boots and will ski those in the next day or so... The stock liner feels better than both the Tour Wrap and my older Intuition Pro Tour liner (size 29) that had in my 28 Dynafit Mercury boot. I'm hoping the stock liner will fix the cold air issues that I had been experiencing with the Intution liners, which don't quite seem to be a great fit in the ZeroG boots.
    Interesting that you didn't go with 29s. That's the general consensus on this thread. I'm glad I followed this advice.

I wonder if 29s are taller?

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Interesting that you didn't go with 29s. That's the general consensus on this thread. I'm glad I followed this advice.

I wonder if 29s are taller?

... Thom
    It’s not the consensus.

26 tour wrap fits great in a 26 boot.

I’d match shell to liner size.

They ski great in the boot.

Mystery solved... I skied the ZeroG's today in 25 degree weather, (ice crusted powder) with the stock Tecnica liner w/ laces laced up and had absolutely no issues with cold air seeping in the cuff. Essentially, the Intuition liners didn't fit right quite right and was creating some sort of gap around the cuff. It's possible if I continued skiing with the Intuition liners, they would eventually form a better seal with the Zero G boots. But overall, I think the stock liner skis better and fits better overall (heal, around foot, and cuff). A brand new Intuition Pro Tour liner might be alright and be warmer around the toes, but my Pro Tour liner had a number of years in my old Dynafit Mercury boots. The stock Dynafit Mercury liner was bad, when compared to the Pro Tour liner and just figured the stock liner in the ZeroG's wouldn't be all that great (my bad).

Unfortunately, I should have tried the stock liner first before buying the Tour Wrap liner, as I'm not a fan of the Tour Wrap as it's short, kind of a pain to get in and out of... as well as not being a great fit in the Zero G's. As for sizing, from what I read... Intution recommends sizing up for the Pro Tours, and keeping the Tour Wraps the same size as the Boot... I don't think I would want to size up the Tour Wraps. Hope that helps, and saves someone else from spending $200 on Tour Wraps.

Mystery solved... I skied the ZeroG's today in 25 degree weather, (ice crusted powder) with the stock Tecnica liner w/ laces laced up and had absolutely no issues with cold air seeping in the cuff. Essentially, the Intuition liners didn't fit right quite right and was creating some sort of gap around the cuff. It's possible if I continued skiing with the Intuition liners, they would eventually form a better seal with the Zero G boots. But overall, I think the stock liner skis better and fits better overall (heal, around foot, and cuff). A brand new Intuition Pro Tour liner might be alright and be warmer around the toes, but my Pro Tour liner had a number of years in my old Dynafit Mercury boots. The stock Dynafit Mercury liner was bad, when compared to the Pro Tour liner and just figured the stock liner in the ZeroG's wouldn't be all that great (my bad).

Unfortunately, I should have tried the stock liner first before buying the Tour Wrap liner, as I'm not a fan of the Tour Wrap as it's short, kind of a pain to get in and out of... as well as not being a great fit in the Zero G's. As for sizing, from what I read... Intution recommends sizing up for the Pro Tours, and keeping the Tour Wraps the same size as the Boot... I don't think I would want to size up the Tour Wraps. Hope that helps, and saves someone else from spending $200 on Tour Wraps.
    Counter point, I find the tour wraps fits brilliantly in the zero g. Getting on is annoying though. I put the liner on first and tighten laces then slip in. Quite easy that way. Length is fine if you mold with toe cap and extra sports sock toe. No voids between shell and liner.

Intuition size recommendations can be misleading. Particularly when brands like scarpa break on the half size.

Intuition size recommendations can be misleading. Particularly when brands like scarpa break on the half size.
    Agreed... I could actually see going with a 28 Pro Tour liner in the 28 Zero G, as my 29 Pro Tour liner seems a bit scrunched length wise for some reason (but that could be from being a bit scrunched up in my Dynafit Mercury boots. Either way, for me and my fit, it wasn't worth putting Intution's into the Zero G boot. Everyone is different though, so results may vary.

Anyone had significant time with a tecton or kingpin heel and this boot? How does the plastic hold up?

Anyone had significant time with a tecton or kingpin heel and this boot? How does the plastic hold up?
    I haven't skied the Z-Gs on anything but a pin heel, but perhaps this benchtop observation will provide a data point.

My OG XT 130 Freetour heels are much more fragile than my Z-Gs when clicking into Warden heels on the workbench.

On the hill, the Freetours dented quite easily with both Pivot heels, and to a lesser extent with Warden heels.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 02-09-2020 at 05:01 PM.
    Galibier Design

The heel's pretty solid, I've had good use in kinpgins and shifts and they aren't really dented.

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    The heel's pretty solid, I've had good use in kinpgins and shifts and they aren't really dented.
    My Marker Lords dented the heels on my ZGTP. I asked Tecnica about it and they basically implied that they don't like Marker product and get Warden MNC's if you want to put them in alpine bindings.

Been riding my ZGTPs on both ATK pin heel/toe and Shift alpine heel/toe. No dents or scuffing in the heel, much more durable than my old Lange XT130 Freetours.

There's a couple knicks on the toe, but not bad to cause me any worry.

Lange actually sent me metal horseshoes for the heel since the plastic was so soft on that first iteration of 2016 boots.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Thanks all that pushes me to pull the trigger on the tectons for
    My v werks katanas.

PSA This seasons boots have a fucking gnarly locktite applied to the screws that hold in the walk mode parts. YOU CAN NOT REMOVE THE SCREWS WITHOUT HEATING THEM (and heat them very well).

Basically fucked one of the screws/ holes in the alum piece that sits on the inside trying to change the forward lean angle. I don't get how the screw is so hard in the thread area and so cheese in the head. I even went out and got a new set of diamond tipped screwdrivers to try to help out. The tolerances on the stock screw is kinda bad so even some heat + the new driver didn't work.

So to change the forward lean angle... LOTS of heat from a soldering iron (backwards drill bit is going to fuck the already bad fasteners), press REAL fucking hard down so you don't cam out the screw head, and be real careful with that #2 Philips.

And no I wasn't just going to town on the screw like an ape.

PSA This seasons boots have a fucking gnarly locktite applied to the screws that hold in the walk mode parts. YOU CAN NOT REMOVE THE SCREWS WITHOUT HEATING THEM (and heat them very well).

Basically fucked one of the screws/ holes in the alum piece that sits on the inside trying to change the forward lean angle. I don't get how the screw is so hard in the thread area and so cheese in the head. I even went out and got a new set of diamond tipped screwdrivers to try to help out. The tolerances on the stock screw is kinda bad so even some heat + the new driver didn't work.

So to change the forward lean angle... LOTS of heat from a soldering iron (backwards drill bit is going to fuck the already bad fasteners), press REAL fucking hard down so you don't cam out the screw head, and be real careful with that #2 Philips.

And no I wasn't just going to town on the screw like an ape.
    And even when you do all their there’s not really any difference

So I just wanted to update on the ZeroG Tour Pro's after doing a bunch of touring on them the last few weeks. They are incredibly comfortable with the stock liner, I'm not getting any cold air sensation in the boots with the stock liners (like I was with intuition liners). I never glued down the removable boot boards, and never experienced any issues with the boot boards sliding around / making noises while ski touring, like I was in my living room walking around. I have kept the first two buckles, buckled while touring.. so if they were completely unbuckled I'm sure I might experience an issue, but keeping the bottom two buckles buckled were comfortable, and never experienced any pain.

These boots are far and away, so much better, lighter, more comfortable, and ski way better than my old Dynafit Mercury's. Going into and out of walk mode is also way easier. So all in all, I'm super happy I upgraded to a way better ski touring boot in the Zero G Tour Pro. I love Dynafit bindings, but I will never buy another Dynafit boot again after having so many issues with the TLT5 and Mercury boots and liners.

Couple things to note on the Zero G's that could be a little better, the powerstrap is light and easy to use, but it's not all that powerful, and comes undone easily which is a good and a bad thing... for backcountry skiing / ski touring it's alright, but for resort skiing it's not really enough on hard pack snow. Lastly, the top two buckles, I wish could get a little bit tighter, or be able to put on a buckle with a smaller wire cable, to tighten things down a little more (as I'm almost maxing out the top buckle, even with all the adjustments built into the boot). Overall, it's a great boot, and would buy again without hesitation. It's great when you get back from a long 10 to 12 mile tour and your feet are not feeling absolutely destroyed from being in an uncomfortable ski touring boot (like I experienced with Dynafit boots). Cheers!

And even when you do all their there’s not really any difference
    So it’s not worth it? Skied them today with the biggest spoiler I have and wish they had more lean.