Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    The Atomic Hawx and Backland are both shorter (internally) at the same mondo size than the Cochise and old ZeroG molds. I’m pretty sure the Lange XT or whatever they call it now is also shorter.
    In my experience, the Hawx and Backland boots are shorter (and the toe on the Hawx slopes downward), the Cochise and ZG are pretty average, and the Lange XT Free is a bit longer. The Lange liner is also lasted to extend to the very end of the toe, making the boot feel longer. I've tried these boots on hundreds of feet and the results are pretty consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    The Atomic Hawx and Backland are both shorter (internally) at the same mondo size than the Cochise and old ZeroG molds. I’m pretty sure the Lange XT or whatever they call it now is also shorter.
    My first year XT 130s are like what gregL describes the Atomics - having a sloping toe box, which could lend the impression of them being short lengthwise. I've never bruised my toe knuckles before this boot.

My boot guy has opened them up vertically, but I'm thinking I should grind the boot board down or perhaps chop it off.

We got really close and I just need a bit more vertical clearance.

I couldn't fit in the boots with the stock liner and immediately went to power wraps.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Some great information in this thread, and I am just after some a bit of positive reinforcement before taking the plunge on ordering in a pair of these (no where here seems to stock them!)

I am looking to replace both a pair of TLT6s and original Cochise 120s with this boot as a one boot quiver (I will keep the Cochise for any dedicated lift access days). The weight gain over the TLTs is pretty negligible and I would much rather have something I enjoy skiing in. I need to commit to a size though, my TLTs are a 26.5 and Cochises are a 25, I've also owned some Dynafit Ones in a 25.5 am I right in thinking I should be going for the Zero G in a 25.5 also?

Quote Originally Posted by random_watcher View Post
    Some great information in this thread, and I am just after some a bit of positive reinforcement before taking the plunge on ordering in a pair of these (no where here seems to stock them!)

I am looking to replace both a pair of TLT6s and original Cochise 120s with this boot as a one boot quiver (I will keep the Cochise for any dedicated lift access days). The weight gain over the TLTs is pretty negligible and I would much rather have something I enjoy skiing in. I need to commit to a size though, my TLTs are a 26.5 and Cochises are a 25, I've also owned some Dynafit Ones in a 25.5 am I right in thinking I should be going for the Zero G in a 25.5 also?
    I ski 26 Cochise (3 generations) and 26 Zero G.

So yes. Same size.

I skied a 27.5 TLT6, 26.5 Cochise, and 26.5 ZeroG.

I need to commit to a size though, my TLTs are a 26.5 and Cochises are a 25, I've also owned some Dynafit Ones in a 25.5 am I right in thinking I should be going for the Zero G in a 25.5 also?
    Which version of the TLT6? I took a 27.5 in the OG lime green/black one, 26.5 in the black and orange one. 26.5 in the Zero G Tour Pro (or Cochise).

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Which version of the TLT6? I took a 27.5 in the OG lime green/black one, 26.5 in the black and orange one. 26.5 in the Zero G Tour Pro (or Cochise).
    The blue/yellow TLT6 which fit me fine with no work ~15mm shell check

In my experience, the Hawx and Backland boots are shorter (and the toe on the Hawx slopes downward), the Cochise and ZG are pretty average, and the Lange XT Free is a bit longer. The Lange liner is also lasted to extend to the very end of the toe, making the boot feel longer. I've tried these boots on hundreds of feet and the results are pretty consistent.
    Thanks, I remembered the Lange being an outlier... so it running long makes sense to me also.

If it wasn't for my huge instep I'd be a 26.5 in both TLT6's (27.5 didn't work either) and ZeroG's (in 27.5)
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

28 TLT6, 27.5 ZeroGTP

Have you experienced issues with the removable boot board moving around while walking / ski touring? I just got a brand new pair of the Zero G Tour Pro in 28.5 and every time I take a step and push off the front of my foot, the removable boot board seems to make a knocking sound, as it's getting moved backwards/ upwards. Have you heard any noises while walking or have any issues with the boot board moving? I initially purchased the 27.5 boot which was too small for me, and don't remembering noticing the knock / slide of the boot board. It seems the like this removable boot board has a few CM of play in the 28.5 boot...

Wondering if the boot board should be or needs to be glued down? I hear the knock in both boots with every step / with the boot original liner in, or with an Intuition Pro Tour liner.

Thanks for any insight you might have or remedies for the solution...

So the following pics are the boot board in my new Zero G Tour Pro 28.5 boots... notice the flat front. I don't believe the boot board in the 27.5 boots I had purchased had the same flat front, instead I believe it was rounded in the front where your toes go, and stayed in place in the boot with the help of the front divets on the inner boot shell. This flat front boot board seems to move around when walking... Does your boot board for the Zero G Pro Tour look similar to this, or does it look more like the shape of an insole (full foot and rounded at the front).? It doesn't appear that this boot board was cut, but I'm not so sure. Anyone who owns this boot and can take a look at your boot board, I'd appreciate the feed back. Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3841.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	508.5 KB 
ID:	298876Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3840.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	493.9 KB 
ID:	298877

Quote Originally Posted by dougfresh View Post
    Anyone who owns this boot and can take a look at your boot board, I'd appreciate the feed back. Thanks

Name:	IMG_3841.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	508.5 KB 
ID:	298876Click image for larger version. 

My 26.5 looks just like that. Squirt some hot glue on it and stick it back in.

The blue/yellow TLT6 which fit me fine with no work ~15mm shell check
    The blue and yellow TLT6 is the same last as the black and orange one, but I would go with the same shell size as your Cochise as the interior length hasn't really changed much if any on the Zero G series. What does your foot actually measure on a Brannock (length in centimeters)?

Quote Originally Posted by dougfresh View Post
    So the following pics are the boot board in my new Zero G Tour Pro 28.5 boots... notice the flat front. I don't believe the boot board in the 27.5 boots I had purchased had the same flat front...

All of the boards look like that. Hot melt and or tape will fix things moving.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

The blue and yellow TLT6 is the same last as the black and orange one, but I would go with the same shell size as your Cochise as the interior length hasn't really changed much if any on the Zero G series. What does your foot actually measure on a Brannock (length in centimeters)?
    Thanks, appreciate the advice, pretty much dead on 26.5 on a Brannock

Thanks, appreciate the advice, pretty much dead on 26.5 on a Brannock
    Then 25.5 for sure. I measure 27.8 and take a 26.5 in the Zero G Tour Pro with no toe length punches.

Then 25.5 for sure. I measure 27.8 and take a 26.5 in the Zero G Tour Pro with no toe length punches.
    Can confirm, I measure 26.5 and have 25.5 and they are perfect.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Did some in shop fit/flex testing of some Tour Pros and Scouts. The one crucial test I forgot to do is the torsional twisting test with boot locked into tech toe piece, heel in tour mode on skis and pressuring boot laterally to see if there's excessive twisting flex...while ski is kinda weighed down to prevent side to side ski edge lifting. Test performed with boots fully buckled in dh mode, and, with cuff buckles/powerstrap loose/clog buckles snug in tour mode. Shop is pretty far away so won't have a chance to get back there any time soon.

I got skunked by salomon mtn lab boots that just didn't fit right and seemed to rely on really tight buckling to prevent excessive torsional/lateral deformation particularly noticable on hard snow riding a flat ski, and, when in tour mode sidehilling on hard snow.

For reference, pairs of overlap Garmont Deliriums and cabrio vulcans, mercuries and mango maestrales that I compared don't have this issue.

Any obs out there?
    Master of mediocrity.

Don't know how you guys with feet over 26cm are getting into the 25.5. I'm 260mm and lost toe nails in the 25.5 2016 Cochise, and upsized to the 26.5 for 2017 Cochise and Tour Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Don't know how you guys with feet over 26cm are getting into the 25.5. I'm 260mm and lost toe nails in the 25.5 2016 Cochise, and upsized to the 26.5 for 2017 Cochise and Tour Pro.
    Maybe they're using footbeds which can "shorten" one's foot?

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 11-06-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Maybe they're using footbeds which can "shorten" one's foot?

... Thom
    Very 3D ones?

I am 262mm and happily ski in 25.5.
    But I can't imagine skinning in 25.5.
    I'd like to know the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by j0z77 View Post
    Very 3D ones?

I am 262mm and happily ski in 25.5.
    But I can't imagine skinning in 25.5.
    I'd like to know the trick.
    My foot can't even move a mm in them but I have just enough room for my toes. I have them fitting like a glove from the metatarsal heads back. I also leave my lower buckles closed for touring so my foot doesn't move in the shell. I use tour wraps in mine and a low profile custom insole and have 4 pair of the same thin socks so nothing changes.

I am wide (e width, I buy wide shoes) at the met heads and stay thick back through the mid foot with a high instep and flat feet that benefit from mild support, my heals are average. I started with a shell bake to relax the fit of the lateral mid foot as I'm pretty meaty there. I then did localized punches at the first and fifth metatarsal heads. The first being very minor as the boot is decently matched for me there but when touring my foot will splay a little even with the footbed.

Basically if my foot can't move for and aft I can't smash my toes.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I think the trick is a good bootfitter.
    my feet are 26.0 and 26.5 cm and ive been very happy in various iterations of cochise and zero G in a 25.5. I once had a 26.5 and it was horrible. I tour a lot and have no problem there. Without quite some punching it would probably be a painful experience though...
    Just got the new zeroG's fitted ( shout out to Christoph @ Heierling bootfitting in Davos, probably the best fitter in Switzerland! ) and foresee zero issues in touring a lot in them.

^ Forgot that I do have 1/4" of Bontex shim under the liners in my 26.5 Cochise, so that does reduce the volume a fair amount while retaining length for toes. Haven't needed to shim the Tour Pro.