Tecnica ZeroG Tour Pro - 2018- 9 boot

1300g!

12-13deg forward lean

https://www.powder.com/gear-locker/t...00#sf180360900

Weights etc subject to verification

Old thread here

Some random new ZeroG obs pulled from the Gear Rumor 18 - 19 thread

Quote Originally Posted by couchsending View Post
    New ZeroG boot is not gripwalk. Normal rockered AT sole.

Would love to know what other boots are in the 1300g category to make it crowded????

Maestrale, Mtn Explore, Hawx XTD are all around 1420-1450
    Scarpa F1 is 1280

Spectre 2.0 is 1445 but in a 27.5.

Top ZeroG is definitely stiffer than all those, maybe minus the Atomic but again I'm not sure. It was designed
    to have another metal connection point further up the rear of the boot to give it better progression of flex and
    stiffen it up more than the other boots that have a similar walk mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Zero G Guide Pro 26.5 = 1508 grams, Cochise 130 26.5 = 1982 grams. To my way of thinking, 474 grams is substantial.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    gregl and mbillie1 beat me to it. That ZeroG Guide was pretty light. This new one is whoa helium. Start clipping off fourth buckles and trimming powerstraps and getting all skimo on it and you could drop into the mid 1200s pretty easy. Not too shabby at all
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    2017 Cochise 120 26.5: 1,880g
    Shell 1,417g (without soles 1,309g), liner 463g, soles w/o screws: 105g

2017 0G Guide 26.5: 1,660g
    Shell 1,336g (without soles 1,193g), liner: 357g, soles w/o screws: 132g

2017 0G Pro 26.5: 1,540g
    Shell 1,320g, liner 220g, soles w/o screws: 132g

27 Power Wrap, 286g
    27 Pro Tongue, 360g

IIRC, people have claimed swappable soles add 250g weight. So is it basically a 0G Guide Pro with a glued on sole? Looks like a new walk mode with a simple bar -- might be good news for people who have had issues with the past Cochise/0G walk modes. Other changes?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Last?

Is there any gator underneath the tongue?

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    IIRC, people have claimed swappable soles add 250g weight. So is it basically a 0G Guide Pro with a glued on sole? Looks like a new walk mode with a simple bar -- might be good news for people who have had issues with the past Cochise/0G walk modes. Other changes?
    I could see that being true for the first iteration of Cochise where all of the structure and fittings were in the sole block itself. For old ZeroG the "block" was mostly sole material with very little plastic reinforcement + weight of screws so I doubt it was 250g/boot. Maybe the weight savings is a combo of cables instead of buckles, no plastic or screws in the sole, and some others shavings.

Dynafit-style powerstrap quick release is a nice feature that I just noticed now. Cord on the walk lever is a small but nice touch; one of a few common "mods" that look to be incorporated from the factory.

Interesting that they reversed the toe buckle but kept the instep buckle in the usual spot.

I'm curious how the heel will fit in these. I tried on the Zero G Guide Pro's and I found the fit to be good overall, but that in walk mode the cupping of the heel shell really dug into my achilles. FWIW I was just carpet testing though.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I tried on the Zero G Guide Pro's and I found the fit to be good overall, but that in walk mode the cupping of the heel shell really dug into my achilles.
    My Guide's do this to my achilles, contemplating a different liner. Not really wanting to invest in a new boot just yet

This is a completely new boot that does maybe share a "similar" type of fit but other than
    that the only thing it shares is the name.

ROM is considerably more than the previous model with no digging into the achilles for some
    people. The external metal ski/walk device allows for a much lower spine in the back of the
    boot as the metal helps to reinforce the back of the boot and essentially create that spine.
    The lower spine means more rearward ROM. Even though it's only advertised as 55 I think
    it's about as much as your ankle is capable of. It's a traditional overlap design other than that,
    no gators, no weird flaps or plastic stops to manage flex. The one difference in this boot is the
    extra metal connection higher on the cuff. If you look in the photo you'll see the yellowish anodized
    metal piece. It acts as one more connection point to stiffen the boot and prevent the overflexing
    feeling some have mentioned in the other boot that has a similar external ski/walk mechanism.
    One other cool feature is that it actually has a boot board, which forgive me if I'm wrong is pretty
    rare for a boot in this weight class.

When I actually get my samples I'll try to post some more photos of the new boot and some
    comparison photos between the present and this 18/19 version.

No gators?

Bummer, means you'll have to tour with lower shell buckled tightly if you're breaking trail

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    No gators?

Bummer, means you'll have to tour with lower shell buckled tightly if you're breaking trail
    I don't have gaitors in my boots and don't tour with tight buckles and don't ship snow in the lowers. The only boot where this was a problem was the Atomic HawX where I put a good old strip of duct tape over forefoot to close an entry hole

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I don't have gaitors in my boots and don't tour with tight buckles and don't ship snow in the lowers. The only boot where this was a problem was the Atomic HawX where I put a good old strip of duct tape over forefoot to close an entry hole
    Even when you get that super light, low density, cold smoke?

ROM is considerably more than the previous model with no digging into the achilles for some
    people. The external metal ski/walk device allows for a much lower spine in the back of the
    boot as the metal helps to reinforce the back of the boot and essentially create that spine.
    The lower spine means more rearward ROM.
    That's good to hear, that digging into the Achilles was the main reason I bought MTN Labs instead o Zero Gs. For super low volume foot it would be sweet if they happened to be lower volume in the ankle/heel area. The teardrop loop shaped buckle bails look very similar to the lower ones used on Vulcans, which were kind of a pain in the ass compared to normal ones...

Any BSL numbers?

I believe 26.5 is 302.. First ones didn't have a BSL printed one them.

2nd half of this video features the boots...

https://www.facebook.com/tecnicaskib...6145403423191/

even the 'heavy & comfortable' zero g tour is only 1,500g ... and what looks like grip walk soles.

and I've been told that this is being made in a REAL 22 as well. Good news for umpalumpas that ski

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Wonder if the guy in the video mis-spoke, he said both the Pro (carbon/Pebax cuff) and the Scout (PU cuff) are 1,350g.
    i heard 1315 (Pro) and 1350 (scout)

Playing with a pair (didn’t ski it, sorry no pictures), it’s stiffer and fits similar to current ZeroG. No scale on hand but low 1300s is realistic. Light and powerful enough to threaten the marginal weight gain of boots around 1200g or more.

I also didn’t have to lift my pants up to manipulate the walk mode, not that I cared.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I also didn’t have to lift my pants up to manipulate the walk mode, not that I cared.
    lol
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Tried on a pair of production 26.5's in the PNW at the Mission demo - side by side with my regular Zero G Guide Pros. Though the toe looked narrower, the fit was pretty much the same as the 99mm ZGGP but a little more relaxed in the medial midfoot. Flex was stiffer than the old boot. Sole was glued on ISO 9523, BSL was hand-engraved "302". Didn't have a scale with me, but 1315 grams seems believable. Didn't ski them as that would have required some punches, hopefully that will be soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mission020718_0221.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	402.8 KB 
ID:	223817

Name:	mission020718_0223.jpg 
Views:	1059 
Size:	357.7 KB 
ID:	223818

Name:	mission020718_0227.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	342.3 KB 
ID:	223819

I believe 26.5 is 302.. First ones didn't have a BSL printed one them.
    3mm off the rest of the cochise line from recent years? (as in, 2017 Cochise's in that size are 305mm). That's actually pretty annoying - hope there was a good reason for it.

(obviously 3mm doesn't matter from a mount point of view, but it's still enough where you'd have to remember to adjust the heel piece on your bindings between boots)

edit: fixed mm typo
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 02-11-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Cochise is 305 in a 26

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Cochise is 305 in a 26
    Typo, but same point. Yeah, my 26.5's are 305mm. So having these be 3 mm different is kind of annoying. Saving 550-600 grams is enough to perk my interest but I'd still want to be able to swap back and forth with various skis without having to make binding adjustments every time. Resort slackcountry laps vs. starting at the trailhead, that sort of thing. Not the end of the world but definitely a PITA.