Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    How exactly does a footbed help with forward lean?
    By changing your ramp angle.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by kanangra View Post
    Ordered the same size as my Mach1 LV 130 alpine boots, which are a bit of a sideways squeeze for me (98mm last). The ZGTP is 99mm, and I'm gonna need every part of that extra mm. Sounds like you can blow them another 5 or so if needed.
    You may be pleasantly surprised. I expected a very narrow fit and think they’re roomier than advertised. Ymmv.
    Last edited by hafjell; 03-05-2019 at 12:33 PM.

When I tried them on they felt good despite my 115mm forefoot. They’re definitely roomier than 99. Not quite as roomy as Vulcans though. I’ll know more when mine show up this afternoon.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    When I tried them on they felt good despite my 115mm forefoot. They’re definitely roomier than 99. Not quite as roomy as Vulcans though. I’ll know more when mine show up this afternoon.
    Have you tried on the hawx or MTN Lab? If so did they feel roomier?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    How exactly does a footbed help with forward lean?
    It doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Have you tried on the hawx or MTN Lab? If so did they feel roomier?

I haven’t. But my ZGTPs arrived today and I stuck an old power wrap in and I think I can ski them with no mods. The stock liner does what every tongue liner I’ve ever tried does and pinched the fuck out of the top of my foot. I was thinking I’d have to go to a bootfitter and get the boot board ground but after sticking the powerwrap in I think they’ll work well as is despite my fat feet.

I haven’t. But my ZGTPs arrived today and I stuck an old power wrap in and I think I can ski them with no mods. The stock liner does what every tongue liner I’ve ever tried does and pinched the fuck out of the top of my foot. I was thinking I’d have to go to a bootfitter and get the boot board ground but after sticking the powerwrap in I think they’ll work well as is despite my fat feet.
    Yeah I wish tour wraps were available. Sticking some race fx in to try.

I’ve been touring in powerwraps since forever. I’ve never felt like they hindered me in any way.

I’ve been touring in powerwraps since forever. I’ve never felt like they hindered me in any way.
    Touring in powerwraps is definitely not why I'm slow ;-)

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Give me blisters.

I’ve got scars on my heels from first gen factors and various scarpas. The boot not the liner is what fucks me up.

Me too! Was gonna try for a fitting and baking, but if a wrap solves this issue, I’ll just try that first.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

If you're willing to give it some time, that pressure in the instep with the stock liner will subside. I thought the same thing when I first got them, and even put my powerwraps in there for a while too, but I gave it some time and it pressed out. The intuitions are much higher volume, and even though I would prefer to use them, the lower volume of the stock liner has been a better overall fit.

I just pulled my intuitions out of my Vulcans and stuck them in. I’ve always had bad luck with tongue liners, and I’m not willing to suffer. Granted I didn’t mold the stock liners but why bother when the intuitions I’ve got fit much better. Even makes the forefoot feel roomier, in the stock liner I thought I’d need a punch but in the intuitions I think they’ll be alright.

Are you intuitions sized up or down?

Same size. They’re 11 in a 28.5 shell. They’re the same length as the stock liner.

The 26 race fx I just got is a nice low volume like the stock liner and I’d say if anything the tiniest little bit longer that the stock (26) liner. I’d go with matching liner to boot size.

Anyone ski ZTGP and cochise? How does the length internally compare for the same mondo? More toe room in the ztgp?
    In my cochise, my big toes hit the front when levered forward in walk mode. Wondering if the same shell size would be ok in the ztgp or need to size up

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    You may be pleasantly surprised. I expected a very narrow fit and think they’re roomier than advertised. Ymmv.
    Haha just found that my Vancouver dealer has shipped surface, so I'll know in "2-3 months". Will be here before winter kicks in so all good I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by kanangra View Post
    Haha just found that my Vancouver dealer has shipped surface, so I'll know in "2-3 months". Will be here before winter kicks in so all good I guess....
    Oh fuck. That’s the worst. They sending someone swimming with them?

Same here, I think the talus and tarsal bones stick way up so I got pwr wraps in everything with sole foot beds

curious if you got flat feet or collapsed arches ?

I just pulled my intuitions out of my Vulcans and stuck them in. I’ve always had bad luck with tongue liners, and I’m not willing to suffer. Granted I didn’t mold the stock liners but why bother when the intuitions I’ve got fit much better. Even makes the forefoot feel roomier, in the stock liner I thought I’d need a punch but in the intuitions I think they’ll be alright.
    you don't know how happy hearing this ^^ makes me

If I need a new touring boot the big question would be Atomic or the Technica and they both go small enough ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Well after wearing them around the house I’m headed to the bootfitter. I think I need some more width behind the big toe. Not much but some.

Oh definitely do check the screws attaching your walk mechanism. I was skiing inbounds on saturday and at lunch noticed that my walk bar was at a 90º to the cuff due to one of the screws disappearing into my ski bag and the other coming loose. Now that I think about it...I was skiing the whole morning on one screw on the cuff.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
    Anyone ski ZTGP and cochise? How does the length internally compare for the same mondo? More toe room in the ztgp?
    In my cochise, my big toes hit the front when levered forward in walk mode. Wondering if the same shell size would be ok in the ztgp or need to size up
    I have both in the same size. ZG is slightly shorter, and a bit narrower in the toe box. I punched the ZG in a couple spots (in front of the big toe, and on the side of my pinky toe), but didn't punch the Cochise. Like you, my toes hit the front of the Cochise while walking, but it wasn't so bad that I needed a punch. The Cochise was much tighter over my instep than the ZG.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    By changing your ramp angle.
    A properly crafted footbed shouldn't change your interior ramp angle - just distribute pressure more evenly over the plantar surface of the foot. Even if heavily posted, the heel should be ground until the base of the footbed is showing (depth is usually only 2.5 to 3mm thick at this point).