Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Yea, very much appreciated all the effort on this.

Oh, boy, was I off. Sorry to add to the white noise.

Jake, when are you skiing them? Would be interested to hear if you can feel the difference.

Sadly I may not ski them for a while. Have some vkatanas w/ hybrid speedrad/plumguide that I can get these on just to satisfy my curiosity of on snow feel. But really these are replacing some mtn labs that busted a handful of ski days after sending them to Bormio to get outfitted with the bracket to use with the TR2, which is on my vmantra. Frustrating, but I kinda know what I need to know about these boots already: they fit me great- snug as a bug in all the right places, and wayyyy more forward ROM than the Mtnlab- a big factor in getting these.

That said we have a big ole heavy coast storm on tap here for Sunday, probably a good day to let the Kats out.

Quote Originally Posted by aslogar View Post
    So notch up for 13 degrees?
    Can someone please confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    correct
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Just read the last 1.5 pages- a fully transparent explanation of every aspect of the lean angle adjustment (or lack there of).

Hello to all. Will this boot work fine with Shift binding?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

yes

http://www.doglotion.com/tecnica-zer...ng-boot-2018-9 - wrapped up a review - 60days+ on these things now. Liner still going strong. No complaints

"Unless of course they are red; red boots are the fastest."
    Nice nod.
    "As a nitpick I’m somewhat surprised that the footbeds are not inserted into the liner in-box as the liners are so thin that you need either the OE footbeds or your own footbed."
    Wait, jong question, am I supposed to put the white, dimpled stock footbed inside my liner? Isn't that the bootboard? I don't think mine came with footbeds in the box; think I'm just skiing them with my foot in the liners.
    Lastly, even though there's a photo of Tom from Intuition, you don't discuss which liners you'd upgrade to? I'm ok with the stocks but thinking I'd like a little more volume taken up. Interested to hear your thoughts on which Intuitions are candidates to replace the stock.
    Sorry for not posting on your site; not on the FB. Great write-up.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    "Wait, jong question, am I supposed to put the white, dimpled stock footbed inside my liner? Isn't that the bootboard? I don't think mine came with footbeds in the box; think I'm just skiing them with my foot in the liners.
    The white dimpled molded piece is the bootboard, it goes into the boot under your liner.

Nice nod.
    "As a nitpick I’m somewhat surprised that the footbeds are not inserted into the liner in-box as the liners are so thin that you need either the OE footbeds or your own footbed."
    Wait, jong question, am I supposed to put the white, dimpled stock footbed inside my liner? Isn't that the bootboard? I don't think mine came with footbeds in the box; think I'm just skiing them with my foot in the liners.
    Lastly, even though there's a photo of Tom from Intuition, you don't discuss which liners you'd upgrade to? I'm ok with the stocks but thinking I'd like a little more volume taken up. Interested to hear your thoughts on which Intuitions are candidates to replace the stock.
    Footbeds, laces, rubber spoilers all come in a bag in the box. If you’re skiing in them without footbeds and you think there’s too much volume then yeah you need footbeds.

Quote Originally Posted by couchsending View Post
    Footbeds, laces, rubber spoilers all come in a bag in the box. If you’re skiing in them without footbeds and you think there’s too much volume then yeah you need footbeds.
    I wish I wasn't dumb enough to need this advice.

Thanks for the review Lee! I’ll be on the hunt for a touring boot sooner than I want. Good beta

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Nice nod.
    The ZGTP should have footbeds. The OE footbeds are light and not terribly substantial but if you try the boots on with the OE liners instore without any footbeds I bet the instep will feel too high and on snow your feet will probg get cold. When the liners or OE footbeds self destruct ( not yet) I will go to Protours and /or use my semicustom Sole footbeds.

I have Intuition Tour Wraps also. Used a few times but so far they're inbounds only as they're almost too stiff

A long shot here but if anyone has a pair of 27.5's they are interested in parting with let me know. Looking to replace my set of Vulcans.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    http://www.doglotion.com/tecnica-zer...ng-boot-2018-9 - wrapped up a review - 60days+ on these things now. Liner still going strong. No complaints
    Great review article Lee.

One thing I didn’t see that I’m particularly curious about was any mention of differences in ROM between ZGTP and Hawx XTD - both functional range and resistance within that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Great review article Lee.

One thing I didn’t see that I’m particularly curious about was any mention of differences in ROM between ZGTP and Hawx XTD - both functional range and resistance within that.

Thanks
    Damn I knew i forgot something.

They're both almost identical. ZGTP is 55 deg (45 forward 10 back) while Hawx is 54 (44 forward, 10 back). I handflexed them both without the liner in place and they both appear identical in lack of resistance

Review article also in Newschoolers too but no need to link-spam further

Okay, I'm nearly sold. Especially since the Hoji Free is going to be heavier than the Vulcan. I can probably hold off for at least one more season, though.

But how do you feel the heel hold is without an instep buckle? Been a while since I toured in a 4 buckle. Had the OG Maestrale RS and been in the Vulcan for the past 5 years.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Great work, Lee!

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Okay, I'm nearly sold. Especially since the Hoji Free is going to be heavier than the Vulcan. I can probably hold off for at least one more season, though.

But how do you feel the heel hold is without an instep buckle? Been a while since I toured in a 4 buckle. Had the OG Maestrale RS and been in the Vulcan for the past 5 years.
    I thought the heel hold was superior. Def no lifting the heel. I had to cook the liner to get a bit of volume actually

I thought the heel hold was superior. Def no lifting the heel. I had to cook the liner to get a bit of volume actually
    Crazy. Boot is definitely moving up the list. I was pretty gunshy since I didn't really get a good fit in the OG Cochise, but I guess things have changed a ton in the past five years.

Thanks again for the great review. Hope you can get the Hoji Free sometime soon and let us all know if it lives up to the hype re progressive flex, etc.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    On paper and on the workbench with liners out, they seem about the same. In the field, I get more ROM out of the ZGTP - the small circumference of the cuff in the Hawx Ultra XTD means rearward travel is limited by the front of my ankle hitting the inside of the boot. Still, they are more similar than not, both are very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post

I was in a similar boat - was in a Vulcan for years. Got the Zero G this year. Purely in terms of fit, the Zero G seems lower volume all around. I have a narrow-ish heel and wide, bony ankles, which tend to make it difficult for me to get a good heel hold (in any boot). I'd say I've had about the same difficulty getting a good heel pocket in the Zero G as I did in my Vulcans. Which is to say, I've had an easier time in both of those boots than a lot of other options.

Toured in -20. Found temperature limit of OE Tecnica liners. Brrrr