Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    The Atomic Hawx and Backland are both shorter (internally) at the same mondo size than the Cochise and old ZeroG molds. I’m pretty sure the Lange XT or whatever they call it now is also shorter.
    In my experience, the Hawx and Backland boots are shorter (and the toe on the Hawx slopes downward), the Cochise and ZG are pretty average, and the Lange XT Free is a bit longer. The Lange liner is also lasted to extend to the very end of the toe, making the boot feel longer. I've tried these boots on hundreds of feet and the results are pretty consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    The Atomic Hawx and Backland are both shorter (internally) at the same mondo size than the Cochise and old ZeroG molds. Iím pretty sure the Lange XT or whatever they call it now is also shorter.
    My first year XT 130s are like what gregL describes the Atomics - having a sloping toe box, which could lend the impression of them being short lengthwise. I've never bruised my toe knuckles before this boot.

My boot guy has opened them up vertically, but I'm thinking I should grind the boot board down or perhaps chop it off.

We got really close and I just need a bit more vertical clearance.

I couldn't fit in the boots with the stock liner and immediately went to power wraps.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music