Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    I use the spoiler on my shins to relieve pressure which I think it's made for since it's so thin and sticks on the tongue and doesn't in the rear. I do have a bigger spoiler in the rear though.

I take a 24 and the Hoji Free doesn't go that small, its uni sex so there won't be a smaller softer unmanly colored women's version

SO its good to see that the Technica OR the Atomic Hawx go to 24 and so are viable alternatives when the need to upgrade arises for a Vulcan lover ... try both on and pick the best for my foot

The other day I seen Lee Lau's beloved Vulcans for sale on FB ... like selling one's children eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Pay attention to the screws holding the walk mode mechanism. Mine have been backing out multiple times. I need to apply some loctite.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    pics?
    No, it's ugly. Now that I know how to do it, it'll look a lot nicer the next time!

Quote Originally Posted by LawndartGustav View Post
    I use the spoiler on my shins to relieve pressure which I think it's made for since it's so thin and sticks on the tongue and doesn't in the rear. I do have a bigger spoiler in the rear though.
    I had a guy tell me he wore his bike helmet with the adjuster dial over his forehead because he assumed the manufacturer would put it in an easy to access location . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I had a guy tell me he wore his bike helmet with the adjuster dial over his forehead because he assumed the manufacturer would put it in an easy to access location . . .
    LOL, can't stop laughing

All I can say that it works and that spoiler that comes with the boots is kind of thin anyways

Now that’s funny.

the spoiler included with the ZeroG was designed for the shin. It’s a free country though and you can put it on the side if you want. A few years ago some Tecnica boots cam with the softer smaller spoiler (comes with ZGTP) and a larger one (currently comes with mach1s). The intent was one goes in front of the leg, the other behind. The smaller one was originally designed to fit in the tongue of the liner.

If you want more forward lean, put it on the back, if you don’t, but want to take up space put it up front.

I think the relatively soft liner in the ZGTP just swallows that little spoiler no matter which side you put it on. Personally I wish they'd made the flip chip 12 and 14 degrees instead of 12 and 13.

Tecnica ZeroG Tour Pro - 2018- 9 boot

Got a pair of zgtp cheapish from euro land if anyone is looking (26). Got some din soles to turn my 17 zero g guides into resort boots too! My ‘16 Cochise have quite the slop in the walk mode now....

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Hmmm. Forgot to mention cos I didnt remember that my liners are ultra low volume protos so are approx 200g.

My Intuitions were from another boot so werent cooked for the ZGTP. I usually run warm so was surprised to get screaming barfie toes from the stock liners run at a mere -20c
    Did you find the tour wrap affected ROM? Anyone know cook temps/time for tour wrap in home oven?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Did you find the tour wrap affected ROM? Anyone know cook temps/time for tour wrap in home oven?
    It's awesome. That reminds me I've got to write a review. It doesn't hurt ROM, is warm and takes up volume beautifully. Dunno cook times

I’ll buy. Once they are in stock again.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I’ll buy. Once they are in stock again.
    Yep, pretty compelling. IME, the liners are the weakest part of the boot. Not a complaint, because for lightweight, they work great.

Anyone have instructions for heat mold of stock liner?

From Tecnica 8 minutes 80C.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post

the spoiler included with the ZeroG was designed for the shin. It’s a free country though and you can put it on the side if you want.
    Page 10 of the manual shows it as designed for the calf. The velcro affixes fine to the back of the liner.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I think the relatively soft liner in the ZGTP just swallows that little spoiler no matter which side you put it on. Personally I wish they'd made the flip chip 12 and 14 degrees instead of 12 and 13.
    Can you see any way to increase that? I’ve got a buddy with a machine shop that I could tap to build me a new chip. Don’t have the boots in hand yet to see if that’s even possible.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

make another chip just like the old chip and offset the hole a little more
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

As I was obsessing over this boot and the Hawx, I learned about the last sizing of these two boot families which may be instructive. It's post #508 in the Hawx thread:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=5608203

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I slipped on a pair of ZeroG Pros and these are the best fitting, out of the box boot I've ever tried.
    I haven't skied in them yet, but have high expectations.

They are good fitting boots. But they definitely need more forward lean. I have added a footbed to help with the measly 13 degree forward lean. That helped, but if someone has a way via the walk mode. Walk me thru how to do that.

thanks,
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by aslogar View Post
    They are good fitting boots. But they definitely need more forward lean. I have added a footbed to help with the measly 13 degree forward lean. That helped, but if someone has a way via the walk mode. Walk me thru how to do that.

thanks,
    Alex
    Give 'em a couple of days before doing anything. You might be surprised. I was on boots that would feel like stiletto heels if I wore them now. It took me a couple of runs to get used to my XT 130 Freetours (14 degrees with the added spoiler). I could never go back.

Your quads will burn less when you get used to standing on and driving your skis from this position. Totally counter-intuitive, but give it a shot.

https://blisterreview.com/ski-boot-r...xt-free-130-lv

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Give 'em a couple of days before doing something. You might be surprised. I was on boots that would feel like stiletto heels if I wore them now. It took me a couple of runs to get used to my XT 130 Freetours (14 degrees with the added spoiler). I could never go back.

Your quads will burn less when you get used to standing on and driving your skis from this position. Totally counter-intuitive, but give it a shot.

https://blisterreview.com/ski-boot-r...xt-free-130-lv

... Thom
    So right.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Just ordered a pair - landed in Australia for $USD550. Jumped on them before stock totally disappears.

Will report in a few months when we have snow; my northern winter is over for the year, but it was a good one.

Ordered the same size as my Mach1 LV 130 alpine boots, which are a bit of a sideways squeeze for me (98mm last). The ZGTP is 99mm, and I'm gonna need every part of that extra mm. Sounds like you can blow them another 5 or so if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by aslogar View Post

thanks,
    Alex
    How exactly does a footbed help with forward lean?