Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1383
    Welp, maybe some 25.5 ZGTP’s are in my future then.. but Jesus I don’t know how the hell I’m getting them on or off my feet

Did you tell your fitter you wanted a zero g or did you ask your fitter which touring boot would work best for your foot shape and size?

if you said you wanted a zero g, he probably put you in the boot size that fits your foot. If he told you the zero g was the best option for your foot, well I’d find a new boot fitter….

Yeah, in the right size getting those fuckers on is … challenging. Won’t lie - that might be the thing that kills it for me with them. Otherwise, they’re pretty good, but getting them on is a high-wire act.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Yeah, that was my first impression too from the beginning of last season. In the store I get them on but at a cold trailhead it wasn't easy. Anyway, I really want to go up a shell size (no more race fit) or find a different boot. 26.5's on the block if anyone is interested.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Yeah, that was my first impression too from the beginning of last season. In the store I get them on but at a cold trailhead it wasn't easy. Anyway, I really want to go up a shell size (no more race fit) or find a different boot. 26.5's on the block if anyone is interested.
    I don't know if their lasts have changed, but when I tried Zero Gs and Hawxs a few years ago, the shell fit on the Hawx was 3-4 mm shorter. If all other things work for you with the Hawx, then it might get you a better fit when sizing up.

For my foot length, it was the reverse, and it allowed me to fit in the 25.5 ZGs, where the 25.5 Hawxs were a definite no-go.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 08-26-2022 at 12:37 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I’ve got some lightly used 25.5 Scouts I’m about to put up if any is I. The market.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Deal alert, Corbett's ski shop has 25.5, 28.5, and 29.5 of last year's ZGTP in stock for $595CAD shipped. Works out to $450USD. They also have the Tour Scout for $525CAD in 26.5, 27.5, 28.5.

https://www.corbetts.com/2022-tecnic...ens-ski-boots/
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Damn I’ve been searching for a deal the pro tours but need a 26.5. Missed out when Backcountry had them for a decent price too.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Anyone get their paws on the '23 model? New liner worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by bthomson22 View Post
    Anyone get their paws on the '23 model? New liner worth it?
    Small differences in the liner. While an improvement, not worth it and you’re better off getting sale boot and intuition or zipfit liners.

Just my opinion, but I lasted 3 tours on the previous liner…it was way to light for how stiff and powerful the ZeroG shell is. The new liner is night and day..has CAS ankle wrap, stiffer and slightly more foot compression. The key is the tongue, it’s much thicker and really allows you to power the boot. I skied the new liner for the last two months of the season all over the eastern sierras and took it as a one boot quiver to Cham (mix of touring and spring chair laps). Very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    Just my opinion, but I lasted 3 tours on the previous liner…it was way to light for how stiff and powerful the ZeroG shell is. The new liner is night and day..has CAS ankle wrap, stiffer and slightly more foot compression. The key is the tongue, it’s much thicker and really allows you to power the boot. I skied the new liner for the last two months of the season all over the eastern sierras and took it as a one boot quiver to Cham (mix of touring and spring chair laps). Very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Just tried on this years in the shop and have to agree, the liner does feel markedly better. That being said, I've never skied either version - only carpet testing. I was able to grab last years from Corbett's with that sweet USD discount. Will probably keep my eyes peeled in the sale threads to see if anyone offloads their '23 liner (25.5 if you see this).

The new liner is considerably different than the previous generation. Much more dense material all around and the addition of the CAS
    in the heel/ankle.

Can we buy the new liner aftermarket?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Can we buy the new liner aftermarket?
    Not sure, I’ll ask. In the past liners have been available for purchase separately on the website. Sometimes with new products the spare parts take a little while to show up in our system. Add all the supply chain bullshit on top of that and I really have no idea. I’ll ask…

I liked the stock liners for fit, but they were cold compared to Intuition. Pro tours in low volume (thinnest version) have been great as replacements and have worked well right out of the box/no cooking (size US 9 for a 27.5 shell)

Has anyone messed around with removing/disengaging the top latch on the zeroG walk-mode mechanism? Wondering if it would be a decent way to decrease the stiffness of the boot.
    Last edited by rjenz; 10-27-2022 at 02:58 PM.

I'd be a buyer for a '23 Zero G Pro liner in a 26.5. Upgrade for my 4-year old Scouts.

I went from 24.5 Hawx Ultra XTD to 24.5 Zero G. Much more room in the Zero G but still tight compared to anything else on the market (Hoji excluded). The Zero G has way more toe room in length and in width of the toe box. I think part of that is the older Hawx had short liners. But the majority of room is from the shell. The Zero G is also roomier in front of the ankle. Not Lange bad, still tighter than the Hoji, but a little looser than the Hawx Ultra.

For someone who had to expand the toe box and do substantial forefoot expansion in the Hawx Ultra, the Zero G is looking to be a damn good replacement.

Worth noting that this year’s liner is so much nicer than last year’s, which had too soft of a tongue and you could feel the top of the shell through it.

Looking to grab a pair of Intuition Pro Tour's for my Zero G Pros. Should I go by what the intuition site says re: volume / shell fit? I can't decide between Medium and Low volume. I know the original liner is pretty thin... Thanks!

I was surprised that the change from the previous Pro Guide model reduced interior volume and hardened up the throat making them a bitch for some feet profiles. I may work into the newer boot but a thin liner will be in order. I used a medium Intuition Pro tour in the older boots but Pro tours would logically need the thinner liner, at least for me. Also, the Intuition pro tours have the velcro-attached tongue that pulls out if you use force getting in. I'd think the amount of tongue pulling and gyrations getting in the newer boot would pull the velcro apart 9 out of 10 try's. Maybe stitch em in place....something I've considered.

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    I was surprised that the change from the previous Pro Guide model reduced interior volume and hardened up the throat making them a bitch for some feet profiles. I may work into the newer boot but a thin liner will be in order. I used a medium Intuition Pro tour in the older boots but Pro tours would logically need the thinner liner, at least for me. Also, the Intuition pro tours have the velcro-attached tongue that pulls out if you use force getting in. I'd think the amount of tongue pulling and gyrations getting in the newer boot would pull the velcro apart 9 out of 10 try's. Maybe stitch em in place....something I've considered.
    The way to get your foot into a boot with tight instep clearance is to pull the boot wider in the throat using two hands, not pulling "up" on the tongue. Make sure the boot is warm, and do it fast.

The Zero G Tour Pro is still easier for me to get into than the Hawx Ultra 130 XTD, and I have plenty of days in both.

Good beta Greg. If it's gonna hurt, make it short. As much as I don't want to shave a little material off the throat area, would that improve the clearance a bit? Did this once before but marginally as you don't want a pathway for moisture. Designed the way it is for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    Good beta Greg. If it's gonna hurt, make it short. As much as I don't want to shave a little material off the throat area, would that improve the clearance a bit? Did this once before but marginally as you don't want a pathway for moisture. Designed the way it is for a reason.
    Yes, but it will soften the boot as well. Start by heating the overlap with a heat gun and using very sharp poultry shears, you can cut it easily. Start with 1 centimeter lower and see.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    I went from 24.5 Hawx Ultra XTD to 24.5 Zero G. Much more room in the Zero G but still tight compared to anything else on the market (Hoji excluded). The Zero G has way more toe room in length and in width of the toe box. I think part of that is the older Hawx had short liners. But the majority of room is from the shell. The Zero G is also roomier in front of the ankle. Not Lange bad, still tighter than the Hoji, but a little looser than the Hawx Ultra.

For someone who had to expand the toe box and do substantial forefoot expansion in the Hawx Ultra, the Zero G is looking to be a damn good replacement.

Worth noting that this year’s liner is so much nicer than last year’s, which had too soft of a tongue and you could feel the top of the shell through it.
    I'm in the same boat. Had a 25.5 Hawx Ultra XTD and just got a 25.5 Zero G and it's much more comfortable (using an Intuition Pro Tour 25 MV in both - used to use a LV in the Hawx as well, but didn't like it). I had to punch my Hawx ~5mm and it still was too painful, especially on warm days. Don't think I'll need any punches in my Zero Gs. Very happy so far.