Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    haha same, no judgment! I am just surprised I guess that you can take a 26.5 shell in any boot with that street shoe size. I always felt the tecnicas ran a size big compared to most other boots personally, but I haven't had a competitive alpine fitting boot in ages either
    I just jumped in my shells (both the Langes and the Spectres). I have a snugly fitted Sharpie's worth of space behind my heels in the Spectres with my toes touching the front. In the Langes, I can get a standard wooden pencil in there, but it's snug against my heel and the shell. Toight. I could more or less take the bottom two buckles off those boots and it wouldn't change how I wear them.

Unless the Tecnicas are quite long internally for their size, I think 27.5 is the way to go for a dedicated touring boot.

Yeah, odds are you're a 27/27.5 shell. I'm a tick below 9-1/2 on my big foot and have about 10-12mm space in my 25.5s.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 03-30-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I'm a size 10 shoe size... I initially bought the zero g's in 27.5 and they were too small in the toe box (they felt much smaller/worse than my Dynafit Mercury in 28/28.5). The 28.5 zero g's fit great, but like others have said, the top two buckles / cuff area is much too lose for those with skinny ankles / legs.

I don't get how some of guys can down size alpine touring boots (especially down 2 sizes), like they are alpine race boots and still not get cold and painful feet while touring on long days. I understand the skiing down might be slightly better, but how is it worth the pain.

I’m a 13 in a 28.5. Should be in a 29.5 for longer days for sure. A 28.5 has to be way to big for you with a 10.5 shoe. If it was just the toes that were too tight it’s much better to get those punched and have a boot that actually fits your foot then have one where your toes might be comfy but the rest of your foot is swimming/in the wrong spot in the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by dougfresh View Post
    I'm a size 10 shoe size... I initially bought the zero g's in 27.5 and they were too small in the toe box (they felt much smaller/worse than my Dynafit Mercury in 28/28.5). The 28.5 zero g's fit great, but like others have said, the top two buckles / cuff area is much too lose for those with skinny ankles / legs.

I don't get how some of guys can down size alpine touring boots (especially down 2 sizes), like they are alpine race boots and still not get cold and painful feet while touring on long days. I understand the skiing down might be slightly better, but how is it worth the pain.
    I'm 10.5 to 11 in street shoes, comfortable, and 27.5 in zero g pro. They were a little short to start, but i had the liner stretched and it's ok now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    I’m a 13 in a 28.5. Should be in a 29.5 for longer days for sure.
    Just confirming this: you're a size 13 US men's in a 28.5 shell? Stock liner?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I'm 10.5 to 11 in street shoes, comfortable, and 27.5 in zero g pro. They were a little short to start, but i had the liner stretched and it's ok now.

That sounds consistent with my results.

I might add that for my slightly shorter than 9.5 foot and 25.5 shells, I keep my toenails extremely short - a habit from rock climbing.

If my foot were couple mm longer or I didn't keep my toenails short, I'd be in 26.5s.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Just confirming this: you're a size 13 US men's in a 28.5 shell? Stock liner?
    Yes. 13 across the board on almost all shoes. Every now and again a 12.5. I can wear a 12.5 Hoka but 13 is the right size. And yes a 28.5 with a heat molded stock liner and a heel width grind. They’re tight but that’s just how I like my boots to fit. My toes go numb at 40* regardless of the fit. I’d rather they be tight and ski better than have wiggle room and not feel like I had precise control of my skis.

They’re too small for long days but there aren’t many of those in my life.

Size 10 running shoes. 26.5 ZG. 26.5 every other ski boot. Enough room for toes.

I'm a 10.5/44 in running shoes and am happy with the fit in my 28.5 ZGTPS. I tried on the Scout version 27.5 at my local REI before I ordered the TPs and my toes were too crammed in front. Probably could have made it work with an aggressive toe cap in a heat mold, but I'm glad I sized up. I probably have around 30 days of touring on them now and did my first big tour in in warm spring conditions a couple weekends ago, which also involved hours of cramponing. No blisters, hot spots or any other issues. The liner has packed out a little (not longitudinally though), but the clog buckles work really well fto tune the fit for both touring and skiing. I don't wish they were tighter in either mode.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Yes. 13 across the board on almost all shoes. Every now and again a 12.5. I can wear a 12.5 Hoka but 13 is the right size. And yes a 28.5 with a heat molded stock liner and a heel width grind. They’re tight but that’s just how I like my boots to fit. My toes go numb at 40* regardless of the fit. I’d rather they be tight and ski better than have wiggle room and not feel like I had precise control of my skis.

They’re too small for long days but there aren’t many of those in my life.
    Thank you. Very helpful.

Toe caps - another good point. I always mold with double toe caps.

Don't underestimate the benefits of SHORT toenails (worth about 1/3 of a size).

12mm shell fit and Bob's your uncle.

I had my doubts last Spring, coz I bought them here on Gear Swap, and my boot fitter had closed for the year.

I pressed the the Scarpa/Intuition liners molded to my 26.0 Maestrales into service (considerably higher volume shell).

From the 2nd buckle forward, I was in agony for the dozen days I skied them last Spring.

A mold with new Tour Wraps this Fall, and life was good ;-)

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-02-2020 at 09:56 PM.
    Galibier Design

I have a long and low volume foot necessitating a small as shell as possible - I measure around a 28.5 but use 27.5. They key for me to have a boot that can be used for long days is a toe punch and an aggressive mold with double toe caps. Took me a little while to actually take my boots in for the punch, but was very glad to do so once I did.

What do you guys do with the power straps? They sort of stay in place but don't appear to be doing all that much after skinning for awhile. I thinking of ditching them but they do help with initial buckle setup.

i like them to help the buckles get set, I leave them max looseness skinning. I tighten them up after the buckles are set to ski too

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    What do you guys do with the power straps?
    I took them off entirely. The boot skis great for me without them, and it simplifies transitions.

I took them off and replaced them with booster straps

Size fun: I'm a size 8 in basically all running shoes, a 25.5 in Vulcans and TLT5/6 (perfect touring fit), 25.5 Lange FT LV and they're a touch big, 24.5 Lange RX130 LV (perfect alpine fit) and ... went 24.5 ZGTP and it's the right size. Will need an aggro toe cap push when molding the liners, but it's gonna work. Tried on the 25.5 and it was definitely too long.

I took them off and replaced them with booster straps

Booster straps just seem so heavy and clunky. Wish they’d make a light version.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I smell a gear mod ;-)
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    They do look heavy, but they really aren't

They do look heavy, but they really aren't

I also put Booster's on my ZGTP, but have been considering going back to the OG straps for weight saving purposes, since chargin season is over, and long days season is on.
    Does anybody have the weight of a booster strap? would be curious to see what it actually saves. ( dont have a decent scale)

All i know that my 27.5 boots with booster straps and price weigh 1.4 kgs

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I took them off entirely. The boot skis great for me without them, and it simplifies transitions.
    Ditto.

Well I wish the power straps were stretchy like booster straps and wouldn'r ride up the front of the cuff plastic overlap. I like the buckle attachment for ease of use but frankly the straps as currently designed are not fully functional. It would be nice to have a voile strap's elasticity, a glove friendly buckle and anice wide band up front to distribute pressure and not ride up the front of the cuff. Also not some big clunky pot metal buckle that wears holes in your pants cuff. This issue is not isolated to the ZGTP, many boots have shitty power straps. Its almost like they are included to give a high performance look and then the execution is stuck in fail.