Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    The 130 ZeroG guide (same mold as Cochise) is softer than a 120 Cochise.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Just for another data point, I'd say the ZeroG Tour Pro with stock liner feels like less boot than the 2017+ Cochise 120 with stock liner (I have both). I am curious what the Tour Pro would be like with a beefier Intuition, such as the Tour Wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Just for another data point, I'd say the ZeroG Tour Pro with stock liner feels like less boot than the 2017+ Cochise 120 with stock liner (I have both). I am curious what the Tour Pro would be like with a beefier Intuition, such as the Tour Wrap.
    Same. Kinda thinking of the power wrap and then i'd have a boot with a liner quiver.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Luxury adds 5pts. Tour Wrap adds 10. The ridiculous Red ProTongue makes it brick like and I hesitate to guess as to what it adds.

I skied ZGTP with stock liner for 30+days till the liner softened up noticeably then alternated Luxury and Tour Wrap

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Luxury adds 5pts. Tour Wrap adds 10.
    Which version Luxury, low volume? Can't imagine getting a medium stuffed in there.

How is ROM with tour wrap liner?

Which version Luxury, low volume? Can't imagine getting a medium stuffed in there.
    Low. The Medium felt cramped

How is ROM with tour wrap liner?
    Excellent. Was pleasantly surprised

I'll be able to report back on this - sort of. The comparison will be with the Scarpa/Intuitions that came with my Mango/Maestrales. I never molded the stock ZG Tour Pro liners.

[edit] Looks as if Lee has you covered.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

What tongue liners with walk mode have you guys tried and if it's intuition, what thickness? Anyone tried the Maestrale RS liner?

The tour wrap liner is shockingly good for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LawndartGustav View Post
    What tongue liners with walk mode have you guys tried and if it's intuition, what thickness? Anyone tried the Maestrale RS liner?
    I used a Scarpa F1 in mine last season as the stock liner was too cold for me. F1 liner was a bit thin, skied softer than stock, but toured much better.

Has anyone experience any slop in the cuff rivets/joint? Was playing with my pair the other day and noticed some movement skied about 30 days

Did you go up a size for the liner or same size as shell (Ie, 8 liner in 26.5 zerog)?

Quote Originally Posted by LawndartGustav View Post
    I got some Tour Pro's near the end of the season and it didn't feel at all like any change in ROM or actual effort to tour (two very different things). Half of that was because my Backland Carbon liners were beyond done, and the stock Tecnica liners fit them perfectly.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Did you go up a size for the liner or same size as shell (Ie, 8 liner in 26.5 zerog)?
    Xavier I used a sz 26 Tour Wrap in a sz 26 shell and a packed out sz 27 liner that had previously been in a Vulcan sz 27 shell also in the ZGTP. Both worked fine

Xavier I used a sz 26 Tour Wrap in a sz 26 shell and a packed out sz 27 liner that had previously been in a Vulcan sz 27 shell also in the ZGTP. Both worked fine
    Sorry, I think this has been discussed, but the Tour Wraps are warmer the stock 0G liners?

Oh I forgot to say the Pro Tongues that I put in my boots were the regular thickness.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Thank you.

My boot guy seems to think that 26 Tour Wraps are for me in my 25.5 Z-G shell. My shell fit is about 12mm.

In the Tour Wrap thread @Leelau is reporting success with 27 Tour Wraps in a 26.5 Z-G shell - post #21:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=319494
    We'll see in a few weeks when the full size assortment arrives at his shop, and I'll update that thread.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 10-02-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Galibier Design

Tecnica ZeroG Tour Pro - 2018- 9 boot

Do these boots run longer like the Cochise and old ZeroG series? If so, sizing up the liner makes good sense.

I'm not sure.

What I can say is that a 25/25.5 Zero G shell is perhaps 3-4 mm longer than the same "size" Hawx XTD shell (2018/19 boots).

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Do these boots run longer like the Cochise and old ZeroG series? If so, sizing up the liner makes good sense.
    I never thought any of the old Cochise or Zero G ran long. People talked themselves into thinking they were long because of the bsl size.

These boots fit like other boots of the same size number. I’ve put size 26 powerwrap and race fx in my 26’s. Will be getting 26 tour wrap, they were out end of last season so I went with race fx which I actually really liked.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I never thought any of the old Cochise or Zero G ran long. People talked themselves into thinking they were long because of the bsl size.

These boots fit like other boots of the same size number. I’ve put size 26 powerwrap and race fx in my 26’s. Will be getting 26 tour wrap, they were out end of last season so I went with race fx which I actually really liked.
    The Atomic Hawx and Backland are both shorter (internally) at the same mondo size than the Cochise and old ZeroG molds. I’m pretty sure the Lange XT or whatever they call it now is also shorter.