Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It's only epic if you end up apres skiing at the Brown Dog with your own personal Brooklyn pizza.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I'm really not sure how to feel. Are the resorts really hurting for the money? I don't know enough about the situation.
    Telluride is sure going to be hurting after this season.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

It sounds like the Mountain collective folks really fucked up and are losing their jobs.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

wow

www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    It sounds like the Mountain collective folks really fucked up and are losing their jobs.
    I think the terrible snow year out west didn't help at all combined with Ikon happening.

And now the wait at Brown Dog is going to be astronomical. Fuck.

How long until Silverton goes EPIC?

Interesting to note that no resorts in the PNW have gone with MC or IKON yet.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    How long until Silverton goes EPIC?

Interesting to note that no resorts in the PNW have gone with MC or IKON yet.
    It's really interesting. I do wonder if they're cooking something up locally.

With Crested Butte being non-iconic and non-epic, I'll be blown away if I wait in a lift line next year for more than 30 seconds without the superpass skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    With Crested Butte being non-iconic and non-epic, I'll be blown away if I even have a local ski area to ski at in a few years.
    FIFY

What is the financial situation at CB these days. A buddy of mine is a lift mech and seems to think things are pretty tough. I'm sure they'll get on some kind of pass, probably go EPIC or IKON eventually. I'd hate to see that place ever go under, but sometimes you gotta wonder how they stay around.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    FIFY

What is the financial situation at CB these days. A buddy of mine is a lift mech and seems to think things are pretty tough. I'm sure they'll get on some kind of pass, probably go EPIC or IKON eventually. I'd hate to see that place ever go under, but sometimes you gotta wonder how they stay around.
    No, I don't think it's like that at all. They're cheap with stuff like lift mechanics, but I think they're humming along just fine. They finally got smart and targeted front range skiers that can actually enjoy the mountain (like those billboards on I-70), instead of only targeting Dallas and Houston where most of the skiers can't enjoy the things that make CB unique, like the steeps.

I think the biggest challenge right now is getting more flights with fewer seats to the airport. That isn't what the airlines want, but it's what we need to make the connections easier for everyone. That's the main reason why CBMR's record year was 96-97.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Crested Butte is still a Powder Alliance resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    Crested Butte is still a Powder Alliance resort.
    True, but I bet for every Powder Alliance skier visit, there were 50 superpass visits due mostly to front range proximity.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

I think the biggest challenge right now is getting more flights with fewer seats to the airport. That isn't what the airlines want, but it's what we need to make the connections easier for everyone. That's the main reason why CBMR's record year was 96-97.
    You can’t stress how important this is for inter mountain resorts. People don’t want to drive, unless they absolutely have too.

ASE is one of the RFV’s biggest assets. Over Christmas we had 42 commercial flights a day.
    That’s almost 3000 seats.

I’m flying to PHX in March for $246/rt direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    You can’t stress how important this is for inter mountain resorts. People don’t want to drive, unless they absolutely have too.

ASE is one of the RFV’s biggest assets. Over Christmas we had 42 commercial flights a day.
    That’s almost 3000 seats.

I’m flying to PHX in March for $246/rt direct.
    This is where Aspen kills everyone else. CB's closest airport is Gunnison, which is still 45 mins to CB. Aspen is right in town. Of course, for the folks who have the cash and don't like the Aspen scene, it's still a pretty good option.