Thread: Brundage!

Brundage!

The snow has been stacking up. It's dry and deep. I've got room for one. Any takers! I'm headed up bright and early from Boise tomorrow.

First day of Winter Carnival up there. Good luck with traffic!

I'm going to do Bogus. May even take my powder skis! They are saying 9-13" during the day.

You obviously don't know how the mountain traffic is at Brundage [foot or vehicle] The carnival festivities don't kick off until about 11a.m. the lifts crank up at 9a.m.....hmmm.

I get to my destinations early and before resorts open. So early + recon + sufficient snow = the better option.

Also if you have that much faith in the guess forecasting of Bogus you've still got some learning and observing to do for that mountain my friend. No offense intended.

2 weekends prior I was at the BEER N GEAR day @ Brundage. This is the mountains busiest day of the season. Which was confirmed by multiple people who have worked at the resort for years and years. On this particular trip...just like them all to Brundage it was chill and the traffic was still light years better than Bogus.

By the way I nailed the "BOGUS" snow report as such for this past weekend ... all lies. How was that non existent fresh stuff that BB got?! Oh that's right it didn't happen. Not to mention why even go. The mountain doesn't even have a proper establish base layer yet.

Nothing screams wet dreams like deep fresh snow over a non existent base so one can punch through the bottom and fuck gear up....no thanks!

So....Brundage it was fantastic. Knee deep and over super dry powder ALL day. Fresh glades, lines and stashes galore, aka Idaho's best resort snow.

Bogus comparatively never gets the same quality and consistency of snow, no matter how deep it gets there. It's fact.

So to those others who may think what goes on down in the city of McCall negatively effects how things on Brundage will be....well you'd be highly mistaken and missing out on a great time too.

By the way we're going up again on Friday and Saturday to far deeper and better snow...gasp the carnival will still be happening too.

I enjoy Bogus but only when it's deep. So we chase snow instead. In the future, never trust in what "they say" trust in documented data and don't sleep in. The early bird gets the worm....cheers!

Ha. Yeah.

I've actually spent a lot more time at Tamarack this year than anywhere, but I have a Bogus pass, so figured I'd take a chance at it. Even with the forecast not panning out, I did find a bunch of fresh snow, especially early in the day. Bailed around 12:30 once it started turning into a shit show.

It sure is nice to be home sipping a beer by 1 pm! Tamarack or Brundage usually means I'm going up the night before and crashing at my in-law's cabin in Donnely, so it's an all weekend thing.

How was traffic coming home Sat night? I've heard it can get a bit spicy.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Ha. Yeah.

I've actually spent a lot more time at Tamarack this year than anywhere, but I have a Bogus pass, so figured I'd take a chance at it. Even with the forecast not panning out, I did find a bunch of fresh snow, especially early in the day. Bailed around 12:30 once it started turning into a shit show.

It sure is nice to be home sipping a beer by 1 pm! Tamarack or Brundage usually means I'm going up the night before and crashing at my in-law's cabin in Donnely, so it's an all weekend thing.

How was traffic coming home Sat night? I've heard it can get a bit spicy.
    Nice...the place to crash while out of town is a bonus for sure. That's cool that you found some fresh too. It always makes for a better day.

Beer by 1p.m. is good, but a rolling bar and beers on the mountain, even better. I like long full days...I'm a sun up to sun down freak.

The drive back was not bad traffic wise. However, anytime one has to drive in the dark on completely snow covered roads in a snow storm 90% of the way home....is never exciting and slow going.

We almost took a head-on Collison just North of Cascade though. A cars traction broke loose in the oncoming lane. I pointed out to my friend that I noticed this oncoming vehicle coming up far faster then others I'd seen that night. So ahead of time I slowed down just a bit more..[spider senses].

About this time I see the car loose traction and start sliding into our lane. I was doing 40mph at the time. As the car was still sliding toward us it caught the snow bank on the shoulder, whipped it back around the other way and caused the car to spin back into the correct lane. That happened at the last second about 15 feet in front of us. It flew by us sliding backwards at around 60mph, brakes locked up and all.

I turned my head to watch the car slide by as I followed it into the rearview while it approached the curve in the road, punch through a 3 foot snowbank and fly down a steep 20 foot embankment. It was a surreal experience for sure. After that my buddy could not sleep. He said he wanted to be awake if he was going to die...lol. Cheers mang!

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    never trust in what "they say" trust in documented data and don't sleep in.
    they should be ashamed of all they have been saying on social media this season!

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    they should be ashamed of all they have been saying on social media this season!
    Agreed...they're just baiting people unfairly.

Brundage again tomorrow and Sunday.

Snows getting deep. 7 inches yesterday and 5 more inches this evening and still snowing.