Mom's first time bashing gates: The non-rad skiing stoke thread

At age 69 she decided to enter an impromptu race with some random Euros:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9057.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	586.0 KB 
ID:	222287

Respect.

Started skiing when she was 40. Has about 25 days in so far this year.

And yeah, that's my 70 year old step father in the New Schoolers outfit. He's got stage 4 cancer and still rips when his feet don't hurt too much. He wears the brightest clothes he can, probably because he wants everyone to notice how sick he is. TR featuring them both from a few years ago: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-the-Dolomites

Warren Miller's passing has made introspective about what skiing means to me and why it permeates my daily life. Then my mom sent me this pic. And my 3 year old has been clomping around in his ski boots inside for 3-4 hours a day. At bed time he wants me to tell him skiing stories. Last night I told him about the time he skied off a cliff to land on and capture a Tie Fighter, which he then used to protect Earth from an Imperial invasion. He was cheering as I told the story. I must say it was one of my better ones. It was about freedom, beauty, power, imagination, which also happens to be what skiing is about, I think.

How about the rest of you? Tell your stories that fit here. From when your were one of Stump's "runnynose kids," or about your grandfather doing some badass shit before anyone else cared- stories that would have no place with TGR or MSP, but might have made into a Warren Miller film back in the day.

Here’s a pic of my daughter’s first time on skis, (those plastic things), tromping around the parking lot with my wife:

The thing is, they were a Christmas present, and when she saw what they were, she actually started shaking. Then when we started to get ready to go outside, she started behaving really well, (putting on her own shoes, etc.). She was so psyched to be part of the family. My 83-year-old mother-in-law still cross-country skis all winter.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Glad I clicked on this thread. Rad stories.

Magic.

Kids were in a ski program years ago. My youngest was in kindergarten/ Grade 1 with the son of a former Crazy Canuck. Said parents tended to ditch the kid with CC mother. She was in her late 70’s and an exquisite skier. Had many runs with her and her grandson/ my son. Very shortly before she died, she presented the winners trophy of a junior race she started and ran for years to another grandson. An absolutely lovely lady.

My kids. I have one son who loves skiing. Other son and daughter are meh interested. My favorite days are skiing with my kids. I am now 56....let me do it until the day I go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    My favorite days are skiing with my kids. I am now 56....let me do it until the day I go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Love skiing with my daughters and son in law. Next year we’ll get the third generation on the slopes. This year was plastic skis in the yard and the little ones loved it.
    I ski because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

"This deep snow makes my skis stupid!"