Thumbs up Summit County CO: Brewers Rock for Rescue 1/27

For Colorado mags, Summit County SAR is hosting their annual Brewers Rock for Rescue this weekend, a beer tasting setup to benefit Summit Count Search and Rescue. More info here. Advanced tickets ($25) here. I'm not associated with the event (other than the fact I'll be attending) but in the past it's been a fun way to drink some beers and bid on some silent auction swag. And for whatever reason the event planners are terrible at getting the word out about it.

I’ll be up there this weekend with the family, might try to stop by after skiing if the weather is good for the kids. X2 on terrible about getting the word out. 1st i’ve heard of this. Partener with Vail and get the epic pass holder mailing list, heck, even the friends of CAIC face book followers.

And their website doesn't detail anything. Marketing for Dummies?

I agree marketing could be a little better, but the event sells out every year so why waste money on marketing and take money out of the pot for SAR? I've heard a few radio ads and it's been in the SD. The pavillion has a stupid low occupancy limit so the event is never very crowded either. It's actually almost sold out this year too. 24 breweries, Funkiphino is playing, and a great silent auction.

FWIW it is a great place to pick up some good deals in the silent auction because they get great items and lower attendance than say the CAIC benefit. There might be a Freeride Systems jacket and some 184 Black Crows Camox Freerides I hear

It's a great local even that's very well supported by locals. Looking forward to it.

And here is a link to the actual event page: https://www.facebook.com/brewersrockforrescue/

Good point. I never heard of it and assumed they would pack them in like other events. 100 tickets avail on the site I think I saw. HAve fun bid high and often!

Anybody have a spare ticket? Event's sold out and I have a buddy who would like to join