Page 115 of 268 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if they check everyone that was bought through that. Or just cancel them. A bunch of pass owners that paid full price gonna be pissed if they find out potentially hundreds of people got 50% off w/o a valid reason.
    I bought an Ikon Base Pass last season at 50% off with a 'college code'......never had to provide any proof of enrollment. It was the same thing that went down today, so I doubt they do anything about it. I think those people claiming to be Ikon reps and threatening to cancel, are just trolls.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    I bought an Ikon Base Pass last season at 50% off with a 'college code'......never had to provide any proof of enrollment. It was the same thing that went down today, so I doubt they do anything about it. I think those people claiming to be Ikon reps and threatening to cancel, are just trolls.
    Numerous people spoke/chatted with ikon customer service. The reps were saying you had to have proof of enrollment, some said you had to pick up at resort to present verification, but others said the pass would be mailed. It wasn't trolls, it was ikon having poor messaging.

Those who bought, hope it works out for you!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

They’re gonna ask for proof of enrollment, aren’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    They’re gonna ask for proof of enrollment, aren’t they?
    Doubtful. It was not a college student pass that was purchased, it was an adult pass that happened to have a college reference in the promo code. Like I said, last season I purchased a 50% off Ikon Base Pass with the code COLLEGETHREE and never had to provide any proof of enrollment or answer any questions whatsoever. It was a 'leaked' promo code that made the rounds all over social media, very similar to what happened yesterday. Ikon just mailed my pass to me. It was a great score. Unfortunately, I'm not in the market for an Ikon pass this season, otherwise I would've jumped all over this.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    ...Imagine being an Ikon pass holder, and you found out a bunch of people just got it for 1/2 price after you bought their advertised "lowest price". You're out several hundred dollars because of your loyalty to buy early? Good way to burn people.
    Ahhh yes, feel the burn.

Not IKON, but 4-5 years ago, Squaw mailed me a "loyalty" discounted price offer for season pass, "rewarding my loyalty" for purchasing every year. I was stoked on that unexpected discount for about 30 seconds, because... Then my roommate opened his letter from Squaw, in which Squaw offered him an EVEN BIGGER discount, rewarding his DISloyalty, saying they wanted him back after he skipped the previous year. When I asked Squaw to give me that same DISloyalty discount to match my roommate, they just laughed in my face and said no way. I hated that feeling at first, but learned to accept that they just burn people all the time.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I’m pissed about this “college” discount. I paid hundreds more for the fucking Ikon Base Pass for me and the family.

They fucked it up, whether they choose to piss off those who bought the scammed college pass or the rest of us who bought “before the prices go up.”

I’m pissed about this “college” discount. I paid hundreds more for the fucking Ikon Base Pass for me and the family.

They fucked it up, whether they choose to piss off those who bought the scammed college pass or the rest of us who bought “before the prices go up.”

I think it is a targeted strategy designed to weed out all the chronic complainers. Seriously, do you act the same way when airline tickets or something else go on sale? You purchased a product who's price is known to fluctuate. Sometimes it goes up, sometimes it goes down.

I'm sure you can find something better to get infuriated by.

note: anyone have any text showing that previous offers were in any way promised to be the lowest price?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    note: anyone have any text showing that previous offers were in any way promised to be the lowest price?
    Price bumps warnings looked like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 7.18.07 AM.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	297263

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Never noticed that the driver is on the wrong side in the dudes car? WTF? Edit, it is just in the vid you posted, mirror image. Weird

I think it is a targeted strategy designed to weed out all the chronic complainers. Seriously, do you act the same way when airline tickets or something else go on sale? You purchased a product who's price is known to fluctuate. Sometimes it goes up, sometimes it goes down.

I'm sure you can find something better to get infuriated by.

Yes, I found an email from March with 2 seconds of searching that says "LOCK IN THE LOWEST PRICE OF THE 2019/20 SEASON".

It's false advertising, and no way is it the same with fluctuating airline prices, come on man.

That said, they'd just argue that this was only for college students and not meant for the general public, but oops.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yes, I found an email from March with 2 seconds of searching that says "LOCK IN THE LOWEST PRICE OF THE 2019/20 SEASON".

It's false advertising, and no way is it the same with fluctuating airline prices, come on man.

That said, they'd just argue that this was only for college students and not meant for the general public, but oops.
    Well that kinda changes things...I supposed the next data point will be if non-students actually get the 50% price. I wonder how the class action suit is going?

Utah advertises the greatest snow on Earth. But there is greater MUCH GREATER snow THE BEST SNOW in West Virginia. I want my money back.

Can there be a separate thread for complaining?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

The $399 "College" pass excludes Jackson and Big Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Utah advertises the greatest snow on Earth. But there is greater MUCH GREATER snow THE BEST SNOW in West Virginia. I want my money back.

Can there be a separate thread for complaining?
    A separate thread for complaining? Christ, that's what this thread is for!

And by the way, there's a pretty well defined legal distinction between "boasting" advertisements and ones that are demonstrably false.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post

If this is true, then I am no longer quite so upset.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I think it's just Snowshoe and Stratton midweek non holiday afternoons in November and April

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Well that kinda changes things...I supposed the next data point will be if non-students actually get the 50% price. I wonder how the class action suit is going?
    Damn straight it changes it. I paid 649 x 4 = $2500 to get the BASE pass. Now fuckers held onto their $s for 5 months and get the full unrestricted pass for hundreds less!?!?! I pay 60% more and have to be subject to blackouts?

Fuck that, I think that if they allow non college students to keep the $399 full passes, every Ikon Base holder should sue for false advertising.

It seems that it would be easy for Ikon to require proof of college registration (e.g. minimum # credits) in order to honor a college discount. Why wouldn't they do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Damn straight it changes it. I paid 649 x 4 = $2500 to get the BASE pass. Now fuckers held onto their $s for 5 months and get the full unrestricted pass for hundreds less!?!?! I pay 60% more and have to be subject to blackouts?

Fuck that, I think that if they allow non college students to keep the $399 full passes, every Ikon Base holder should sue for false advertising.

That's downright silly. They pulled the code within a few hours. The fact that they might then choose to honor the few passes that were sold, as a business/PR decision, doesn't make the original ads "false advertising". You would have to be able to demonstrate that they intentionally released the code to the masses to drum up sales and publicity. Doubt you could do that, but have at it.

I have a college pass through them since I'm going through grad school currently. I had to confirm through SheerID before it could be mailed, so they do require that. I'd imagine the only way it wouldn't in this instance was someone was dumb enough to not set that requirement up in their system before sharing the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That's downright silly. They pulled the code within a few hours. The fact that they might then choose to honor the few passes that were sold, as a business/PR decision, doesn't make the original ads "false advertising". You would have to be able to demonstrate that they intentionally released the code to the masses to drum up sales and publicity. Doubt you could do that, but have at it.
    You’re right, it’s probably just theft on their part for using a code that doesn’t apply to them and/or sloppy management of the purchasing system that created a loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    It seems that it would be easy for Ikon to require proof of college registration (e.g. minimum # credits) in order to honor a college discount. Why wouldn't they do that?
    People are saying... Apparently this happened both last year AND this year. Sounds like it's either the same sloppy, buggy mistake both years, or else IKON intentionally provides this "loophole" to meet sales numbers in a shady way, or whatever. Apparently, it worked last year for people who skied all winter without ever claiming to be a registered student at any time. And there was nothing throughout the whole process last year to suggest to these buyers that they were doing anything unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefin View Post
    ...I'd imagine the only way it wouldn't in this instance was someone was dumb enough to not set that requirement up in their system before sharing the code.
    Yes. Apparently on BOTH years, the system had at least one Promo Code path that neither mentioned nor functionally required anything about any student classes/registration. Sounds like all they did was IKON reps mention something vague while giving out the code face-to-face on college campuses, saying something like "Would you like this College Promo Code?", which never implied any requirement at any time to be a registered student---you could be a janitor on campus, or just happen to be sight-seeing on campus that day, and you're just like "Wow, IKON is so generous for supporting anyone who happens to be on campus today!"

You’re right, it’s probably just theft on their part for using a code that doesn’t apply to them and/or sloppy management of the purchasing system that created a loophole.
    From what I read, it sounds like the buyers were pretty innocent. It's either a sloppy mistake, or else an intentional shady way for IKON reps to meet sales numbers or whatever. An obvious way to resolve it is for IKON to claim a pricing error, then cancel purchases and refund the money. But apparently, some IKON reps told some buyers "no pass AND no refund"...which I think should lose in court.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    People are saying... Apparently this happened both last year AND this year. Sounds like it's either the same sloppy, buggy mistake both years, or else IKON intentionally provides this "loophole" to meet sales numbers in a shady way, or whatever. Apparently, it worked last year for people who skied all winter without ever claiming to be a registered student at any time. And there was nothing throughout the whole process last year to suggest to these buyers that they were doing anything unethical.

Yes. Apparently on BOTH years, the system had at least one Promo Code path that neither mentioned nor functionally required anything about any student classes/registration. Sounds like all they did was IKON reps mention something vague while giving out the code face-to-face on college campuses, saying something like "Would you like this College Promo Code?", which never implied any requirement at any time to be a registered student---you could be a janitor on campus, or just happen to be sight-seeing on campus that day, and you're just like "Wow, IKON is so generous for supporting anyone who happens to be on campus today!"

From what I read, it sounds like the buyers were pretty innocent. It's either a sloppy mistake, or else an intentional shady way for IKON reps to meet sales numbers or whatever. An obvious way to resolve it is for IKON to claim a pricing error, then cancel purchases and refund the money. But apparently, some IKON reps told some buyers "no pass AND no refund"...which I think should lose in court.

Well if they are taking the line that it is theft that would make sense. But yeah if I were them I’d make public statement that all registered college students are welcome to provide proof of college registration and get their price honored. If not, then yeah I’d refund the $s

I think you guys don't get how modern marketing works. Data is the new oil.