Page 198 of 199 FirstFirst ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 4970

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    I hadn't really considered Steamboat but that does sound like a decent option. Thanks for the suggestions. Would have to go from base to unlimited but that's not a huge deal.

I generally would prefer the Utah resorts just because I've been to Steamboat a number of times and only gotten a small taste of Utah, but the pain of going to/from home/work to skiing might make a mountainside place in a town like Steamboat a lot more enjoyable.
    Only a few days left to upgrade.

Thanks for the reminder. Probably a dumb question but I'm guessing an upgraded full pass will transfer to next year if unused this winter?

Not much of a chance I can decide on a place in the next day or two but this is looking likely enough, the $250 seems like a no brainer. Thanks to all for the info and things to think about. Probably looking at around mid Dec-New Years to get out somewhere.

Decisions...decisions...I guess I'm going to pull the trigger before the price increase. At least I can always defer to next season

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Decisions...decisions...I guess I'm going to pull the trigger before the price increase. At least I can always defer to next season
    Same

So Iím gonna ask again, if I donít use my pass it will automatically transfer to the following season? I donít have to log in or any other bullshit?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    So I’m gonna ask again, if I don’t use my pass it will automatically transfer to the following season? I don’t have to log in or any other bullshit?
    No, I believe you have to defer. No idea how to do this, but know that only the value of the pass transfers. If the price goes up, you are on the hook for the balance.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance

For any reason, if you don’t use your 20/21 Ikon Pass, you will have the option to defer the purchase price paid for your 20/21 Ikon Pass toward the purchase of a 21/22 Ikon Pass using the new Zero-Day Credit - no questions asked. You can now make this decision between September 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021.
    Chronic Complainer Experiencing Ikon Cognitive Dissonance Since 2018
    Ow! My Balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    Thanks man
    crab in my shoe mouth

Ikon Pass

Anyone know what the price increases to after tomorrow? And what the absolute last day to buy is?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Anyone know what the price increases to after tomorrow? And what the absolute last day to buy is?
    It's going up $100. Might be a clock on the website on the countdown to zero when you need to buy. Absolute last day to buy? No idea.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I caved and bought my Ikon pass yesterday; first time ever. I am now part of the hated, traveling-skier hoarde that will descend on your hill this winter. You're welcome #sorryforpartying

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I caved and bought my Ikon pass yesterday; first time ever. I am now part of the hated, traveling-skier hoarde that will descend on your hill this winter. You're welcome #sorryforpartying
    No need to apologize, you're just one of several million owners of either an IKON, EPIC, or Mountain Collective pass.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Or a combo thereof.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Thanks man
    You don't get a pass next year, just credit towards a pass. So you will pay the price increase.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Nothing in the ski industry is ever as it seems or is being made out to be - unless you were just buried in an avalanche.

Any idea how long til the $300 upgrade option increases or expires? Slept on the $250 option but I see it only went up $50, which isn't that bad if it delays the need the commit.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Only a few days left to upgrade.
    Havenít been paying attn. Did the group buy happen this year?

Edit: Found it. NM Iím lame.

It did happen and closed. It was open for 6 months.

Leta assume you have the month of December to ski with your 3&6 yr old kids everyday. Where do you go?

Sugarbush=easy option
    Steamboat= best snow
    squaw= very weather dependent
    Other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Leta assume you have the month of December to ski with your 3&6 yr old kids everyday. Where do you go?

Sugarbush=easy option
    Steamboat= best snow
    squaw= very weather dependent
    Other ideas?
    Go where the snow is?

Ikon Pass

Close... itís Alpine Meadows. I have three kids and itís an amazing spot to teach them. Two dedicated beginner lifts right near the lodge that you can park right next to, then some mid mountain lifts with a ton of variety and options.

And the base is 600 feet higher than Squaw.

On the other hand. All of those places can be hit and miss in December.

Squalpine is a risky option for December and getting riskier by the year.

IME, every place is a crapshoot in December. And this year especially so. Go with the place that's easiest, most comfortable, safest, etc.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Iíd choose mammoth over alpine. Main lodge is higher than most of the top stations at Alpine. Also a more robust snow making system. And a high speed beginner lift to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Iíd choose mammoth over alpine. Main lodge is higher than most of the top stations at Alpine. Also a more robust snow making system. And a high speed beginner lift to boot.
    Yeah, with the benefit of hindsight, I kinda regret not heading down last November, to ski their triple wrod with a buddy and her dad. Shoulda/woulda/coulda.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Just got inside word from reservations that Christmas at Steamboat is going to be as busy as ever. People are buying full price day passes ($225), people are booking vacations, sounds like it's gonna be stupid here. I wonder how long it takes for Polis to close ski hills again when ski towns become hot spots.