Page 244 of 268 FirstFirst ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

yeah skiing and promoting skiing has been Plake’s job for years - nothing new really
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I have a bit of a warm feeling about Glen although I've never met the man. One of my kids had a fourth grade teacher who had had cancer and couldn't have kids, so she "adopted" them. One of them was Glen. Another was my son, who later spent a week with her shortly before she died.

Glen is a super nice guy. Met him a few times at Mammoth and in the East Side backcountry.

Ikon Pass

Plake is as real as it gets. He stopped at Mission Ridge on one of his tours. Super friendly and stoked about skiing no matter the conditions. You could probably throw Hatrup in there too but I’ve never met him

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mike is also a really good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I have a hard time imagining Plake actually working for a living. He probably does, too.
    He was one of the 4 hosts on "Truck night in America" for at least 2 seasons a couple years back....so he expanded beyond skiing!

Guess I should have added a wink to my post. Of course pro skiers w"whore" themselves to the ski industry, it's called getting paid, and is the definition of professional.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

My comment on Plake was more along the lines of his bad boy image, and being the anti-big corporate type. I get that the dude needs to make a living off the ski industry. Heck, for a free Ikon pass, I'd pimp the Ikon pass on social media too.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Guess I should have added a wink to my post. Of course pro skiers w"whore" themselves to the ski industry, it's called getting paid, and is the definition of professional.
    I figured it might be a wink, but on TGR you can never be sure

Thinking I may want to do a trip to JH next winter. And the kiddo may have a race at Aspen. So I may pay for the "plus" add-on, but then it's only $60 more for the full pass, which I don't think I need but how much would it suck to run out of days somewhere and be like "damn, if only I'd spent that $60". Decisions.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

[QUOTE=Danno;6591797]Thinking I may want to do a trip to JH next winter. And the kiddo may have a race at Aspen. So I may pay for the "plus" add-on, but then it's only $60 more for the full pass, which I don't think I need but how much would it suck to run out of days somewhere and be like "damn, if only I'd spent that $60". Decisions.[/QUOTE

No brainer, buck up

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thinking I may want to do a trip to JH next winter. And the kiddo may have a race at Aspen. So I may pay for the "plus" add-on, but then it's only $60 more for the full pass, which I don't think I need but how much would it suck to run out of days somewhere and be like "damn, if only I'd spent that $60". Decisions.
    Yeah - go for the full... we didn't get out as much as we wanted "destination" wise, but made the decision to do a last-minute trip to Aspen/Snomass easy.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    on TGR you can never be sure
    sig worthy

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah - go for the full... we didn't get out as much as we wanted "destination" wise, but made the decision to do a last-minute trip to Aspen/Snomass easy.
    yeah, but unless you wanted to go on a blackout weekend, or had already made a multi-day trip there, that last-minute trip would still be covered by the "plus" option. I feel like Alterra makes the 2 prices so close because they know that the "Plus" is enough for the people who are considering it, but they will say "fuck it" and pay the extra $60, but only a very small fraction will actually make it worth the upgrade. So an extra $60 in profit to Alterra per sucker.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If my kid turns 13 in November, can I buy a child pass for him now and have it work next season? I can't find anything about it on their site
    I found info that says you can. But not on the ikon site
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Yes. The price you ay is based on how ild you are when you pay for it. There software won't allow you to buy that pass for him next year when he is 13.

yeah, but unless you wanted to go on a blackout weekend, or had already made a multi-day trip there, that last-minute trip would still be covered by the "plus" option. I feel like Alterra makes the 2 prices so close because they know that the "Plus" is enough for the people who are considering it, but they will say "fuck it" and pay the extra $60, but only a very small fraction will actually make it worth the upgrade. So an extra $60 in profit to Alterra per sucker.
    That. Even if you use it during blackouts at Alterra owned resorts, it still costs them nothing. Using days at Jackson, or 6th. 7th days at non Alterra resorts obviously cost them something. But I imagine Plus folks just upgrade to Full, as a just in case insurance plan.

That's true - but you're gonna want to make a trip to one of the blacked out resorts on one of those blacked out periods. I hear it's nice.

Also - 'round these parts the full gets you an unlimited Steamboat pass - the base only gets you 5 days at the Boat.

FYI: I just renewed and decided to get my youngest kid a pass. I did full pass, and you can only get the child discount on the same type of pass. I couldn't get him the discount on a base pass. Go figure.
    Got me thinking... at what price will I not get a pass? Because they are getting close.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    you can only get the child discount on the same type of pass. I couldn't get him the discount on a base pass. Go figure.
    Really? That's not what's showing in my cart. I added a 5-12yo base pass to my cart, and got the $100 off regardless of whether I purchased a full, Base Plus, or Base pass. I did not go through with the purchase, but my cart looked right.

I just did some looking at prices.

The kid "Base" pass $299
    The kid "Base Plus" pass is $499
    The kid full Ikon pass is $339

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    FYI: I just renewed and decided to get my youngest kid a pass. I did full pass, and you can only get the child discount on the same type of pass. I couldn't get him the discount on a base pass. Go figure.
    Got me thinking... at what price will I not get a pass? Because they are getting close.
    I got my now 13 year old a 12 year old base pass last year while Mrs. Comish and I got the full pass. So yes to the above question on getting a kids pass while they are 12. I haven't renewed yet this year, but would be surprised if I couldn't get my kid a base pass while I get a premium or full pass.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I got my now 13 year old a 12 year old base pass last year while Mrs. Comish and I got the full pass. So yes to the above question on getting a kids pass while they are 12. I haven't renewed yet this year, but would be surprised if I couldn't get my kid a base pass while I get a premium or full pass.
    Well it wouldn't show up with the discount in my cart. I thought about it for a hot minute then paid the extra 39 for full pass.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

^^^Well, looks like you need to take your kiddo to Jackson next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    FKNA, that's what I'm talkin' about!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I took my oldest to Alta a few years back for his first trip west. First run we did high traverse then stood at the top of Greely bowl and looked in. Look on his face was Priceless.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms