Page 81 of 268 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Holy shmoly! At most US resorts, $24 might get you half of a week old hot dog and a partly crushed bag of chips. Perhaps a fountain soda if you're lucky.
    Come on, man... you can get a *sit down* burger, fries, AND a tasty IPA at Mary Jane for $24, and that includes tip.

I mean... it's no Euro steak and wine... but it's a tasty lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    getting more butts in chairlifts is important.
    I laffed.

Maybe it'll suck for the small local hills eventually, but maybe not.
    Nice attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Come on, man... you can get a *sit down* burger, fries, AND a tasty IPA at Mary Jane for $24, and that includes tip.

I mean... it's no Euro steak and wine... but it's a tasty lunch.

Yeah, that's right, you just stay up there in the Club Car with your wine and your cheese and your charred shootery and your IPA and your burger, fancy boy. Don't go downstairs. Pizza sucks.

Dang, I've been so lame about not getting up to MJ this season; I gotta go get me some Pizza. And french fries. I got the Ikon with all its awesome destinations with intent to ski only two mountains and have only been to one so far.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Yeah, that's right, you just stay up there in the Club Car with your wine and your cheese and your charred shootery and your IPA and your burger, fancy boy. Don't go downstairs. Pizza sucks.
    You know... in ALL the years I've been skiing the Jane, I've never been to Pepperoni's.

Dang, I've been so lame about not getting up to MJ this season; I gotta go get me some Pizza. And french fries. I got the Ikon with all its awesome destinations with intent to ski only two mountains and have only been to one so far.
    That's a shame. I've made up for your slack - after Spring Break I'll have been to 10 of Ikon's destinations. And no, one of those has NOT BEEN ELDORA.

Quote Originally Posted by droppinloads View Post
    That looks like Chez Vrony...
    Good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    I feel ya, 15 days on my Ikon pass and 14 of them are at Eldo.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Dude. Just...dude. That's awful.

I feel like you probably need a hug.

It'll be worth it the first time you rip Sleeper with your girl, and she's passing jongs.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post

It'll be worth it the first time you rip Sleeper with your girl, and she's passing jongs.
    I always try to stick to runs like Sleeper in the afternoon when my legs are turning to jello and I'm getting sloppy... but then I always end up in the Sleeper Trees. Goddam am I a dumbass.

Sleeper trees, especially when accessed from the little two chair, so you drop in off the steep knob after heading hard skiers right from the lift, is one of my favorite spots. So much fun. The top is steepish (rare for WP) but short, and what the bottom lacks in steepness it makes up for with grove. Took someone in there last week that had skied WP for 2 decades but never there. Was awesome.

However, not exactly a secret, so I don't feel bad about mentioning it.

Sleeper trees, especially when accessed from the little two chair, so you drop in off the steep knob after heading hard skiers right from the lift, is one of my favorite spots. So much fun. The top is steepish (rare for WP) but short, and what the bottom lacks in steepness it makes up for with grove. Took someone in there last week that had skied WP for 2 decades but never there. Was awesome.

It's "secretude" has diminished GREATLY since the Great Beetle Invasion. I was a little worried it was going to end up like over on Vasquez Ridge, but it appears the little fuckers may have done about as much damage as they're going to.

I gotta say, though - there are some glades now at Mary Jane that used to be *nearly* un-skiably tight that have become REALLY nice patches. Although they, too, are seeing increasing traffic...

So it goes.

Ha, I know. I am going to get a couple of days in at Copper with the kiddo over spring break. And I still have 4 LL tix I need to use (anyone want to play hooky?). But yeah, not exactly prime usage of my pass.

I always try to stick to runs like Sleeper in the afternoon when my legs are turning to jello and I'm getting sloppy... but then I always end up in the Sleeper Trees. Goddam am I a dumbass.
    Ha, me too.

Yep, Sleeper trees from the Pony is a favorite, once it fills in. And yeah, it's not too much of a secret. Especially since the Super G goes right over it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You know... in ALL the years I've been skiing the Jane, I've never been to Pepperoni's.

That's a shame. I've made up for your slack - after Spring Break I'll have been to 10 of Ikon's destinations. And no, one of those has NOT BEEN ELDORA.
    Yeah, sorry, they're only letting in a limited number of people these days. Exclusive skiing has been nice.

As for Pepp's, yeah, Pepps is almost kinda like the corporation forgot that Pepps was there. Pie by the slice, try for the bar.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I live in Crested Butte, so obviously I have an Epic (local) Pass, but I should have also bought an Ikon this year. With just two storm chases to Utah and a trip back east this spring, I will have matched the price of an Ikon with day tickets. I already bought next years Ikon so I can shred Mammoth this May.

My buddies in SLC have been bitching about the Ikon all season, and are even salty at me for getting in on it, but I skied presidents day weekend at Alta, and the lines were really a non-issue. Got four runs of untracked on saturday before getting hung up in lines. It was really not that different from a powder day weekend last season (I lived in Utah last year). Last year SLC was so powder starved that every powder day was nuts, and this year it seems like it snowed so much that people started missing storms. There are only so many days in a row you can call in late to work, and the Ikon only gives you 7 days Alta/Bird combined. By the time I got there in mid-February, it seemed like many people had used their Ikon days up on the deepness earlier in the season. I would say the crowding in little cottonwood was mostly due to Utah's epic winter, and less to do with the Ikon (different story in big cottonwood, RIP Solitude).

Anyway, watch out for me chasing storms at your local Ikon or Epic resort next winter. Like skifishbum said, "Ikon and will shred your stash"

Anyone who actually fucking enjoys skiing in-bounds at a variety of resorts is stupid not to buy an Ikon or Epic Pass.

END THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    I live in Crested Butte, so obviously I have an Epic (local) Pass, but I should have also bought an Ikon this year. With just two storm chases to Utah and a trip back east this spring, I will have matched the price of an Ikon with day tickets. I already bought next years Ikon so I can shred Mammoth this May.

My buddies in SLC have been bitching about the Ikon all season, and are even salty at me for getting in on it, but I skied presidents day weekend at Alta, and the lines were really a non-issue. Got four runs of untracked on saturday before getting hung up in lines. It was really not that different from a powder day weekend last season (I lived in Utah last year). Last year SLC was so powder starved that every powder day was nuts, and this year it seems like it snowed so much that people started missing storms. There are only so many days in a row you can call in late to work, and the Ikon only gives you 7 days Alta/Bird combined. By the time I got there in mid-February, it seemed like many people had used their Ikon days up on the deepness earlier in the season. I would say the crowding in little cottonwood was mostly due to Utah's epic winter, and less to do with the Ikon (different story in big cottonwood, RIP Solitude).

Anyway, watch out for me chasing storms at your local Ikon or Epic resort next winter. Like skifishbum said, "Ikon and will shred your stash"
    ikon base pass was blacked out on Sat/Sun of president's day weekend, and 80% of ikon passes sold were base passes with blackouts at most non-alterra resorts instead of full ikons. can't speak for Alta, but JH was very subdued on presidents weekend compared to the weekend before and after. lines being a non-issue makes sense. enjoy your ikon while you can though. it's a stupid good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Don't feel too bad for him. My ikon has 2 Eldo, 1 Copper, 1 MJ and 2 days at glorious Snowshoe, WV.

But hey, at least it was 70 the other day here in DC :|
    Last edited by Shaaarrrp; 03-22-2019 at 06:52 AM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Anyone who actually fucking enjoys skiing in-bounds at a variety of resorts is stupid not to buy an Ikon or Epic Pass.

END THREAD
    people who acquire passes without having to purchase them are
    ski bums
    but if givin the man your money makes you seem smart
    drive on with an intellectual hard on and less money in your wallet
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    people who acquire passes without having to purchase them are
    ski bums
    but if givin the man your money makes you seem smart
    drive on with an intellectual hard on and less money in your wallet
    i know plenty of "ski bums" from all over that do not get free passes. They work hard all summer to BUY the pass. You have a very unique situation, but that doesnt make you any better a "ski bum" and that fact that you use it as a badge of honor is kinda weird. I think those that work to pay for that pass are the true "ski bums". They work hard for the lifestyle in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    i know plenty of "ski bums" from all over that do not get free passes. They work hard all summer to BUY the pass. You have a very unique situation, but that doesnt make you any better a "ski bum" and that fact that you use it as a badge of honor is kinda weird. I think those that work to pay for that pass are the true "ski bums". They work hard for the lifestyle in winter.
    well its probably over 40 grand of passes i didnt need to buy now and i sure dont need new jersey do you even still ski bro bum validation from a cant hang wasatch lcc weekend warrior
    go take a least coast lap with butterflakes and dsm
    and rog reminise how your last satch season compared to this one.
    and how ya shouda wouda couda stayed.
    and pretend you wouldnt have given your left nut for that gig
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Damn dude, always so bitter.
    crab in my shoe mouth

BBIFU19

Oh look, the old feeble guys are getting kooky with it.
    Go on Now
    crab in my shoe mouth

So do my knees
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

END THREAD
    ????????

Where else can you experience a (serious?) discussion about food, travel, ozone depletion, snow conditions, ski area economics, lift lines, powder preservation and stoke all in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    well its probably over 40 grand of passes i didnt need to buy now and i sure dont need new jersey do you even still ski bro bum validation from a cant hang wasatch lcc weekend warrior
    go take a least coast lap with butterflakes and dsm
    and rog reminise how your last satch season compared to this one.
    and how ya shouda wouda couda stayed.
    and pretend you wouldnt have given your left nut for that gig
    Bro..you're soooo core...my sig says it all.

im actually glad I have some drive in my life for something other than relying on my spouse to support me, but hey..to each their own...

Keep being core brah.